• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Well , I am person of many faults , but my biggest fault would have to be ....I am really selfish when it comes to how I use my free time, I have a set of things I like to do during the day and any disruption of it makes me have a very sour mood, its probably the main reason I don't want to ever have children , I don't think I would be willing to give up my free time to raise a family , it's just not my thing.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Lack of a work ethic. I'm apathetic and don't really apply myself, and the scary thing is that it doesn't seem to bother me that much.

I do enough to get by and not much more. I've always been kind of jealous of people who have so much ambition, drive, and purpose. I've just never had any of that.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I got a lot of faults, but I will go with being too shy. Being more assertive would probably have opened some doors in life that I did not get to go through. That being said, I am happy where I'm at right now.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I'm abrasive, I have a giant chip on my shoulder, and I'm often aggressive and hostile towards people and things that piss me off, and there is a lot that pisses me off.

Last edited:

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm cheap/selfish when it comes to money and finance. Taking advantage of a good deal from my parents makes me miserable that I'm not able to live on my own, but I learned all of that from my father.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Lack of a work ethic. I'm apathetic and don't really apply myself, and the scary thing is that it doesn't seem to bother me that much.

I do enough to get by and not much more. I've always been enamored and kind of jealous of people who have so much ambition, drive, and purpose. I've just never had any of that.
I completely understand what you mean , I am similar and I am also jealous of people with more drive.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am almost too good at my job I guess.

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f446e5562754e572e6a7067

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
I cut people out of my life too quickly. I don't mean literal cutting of ties, or anything theatrical or even outspoken. Just, when people are a pain I stop hanging out with them. Which might sound like a good thing but at this point I have very few friends left.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I fall for people way too easily and I lose my sense of individuality in a relationship. I'm also way too forgiving for my own good.

Thankfully I'm single as fuck and working on it!

Oct 27, 2017
I always put others before myself, whether it be emotionally or financially. I listen to everyone's problems but it seems I never get to tell anyone mine. I just keep that shit inside instead. I'm too nice and I know it but it's hard to change.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I always put others before myself, whether it be emotionally or financially. I listen to everyone's problems but it seems I never get to tell anyone mine. I just keep that shit inside instead. I'm too nice and I know it but it's hard to change.
I used to be like that as well, until moving away and the army changed me.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
I can never work with a group on a project, I'd rather do everything myself. This worked a lot better in college than it does professionally and it eats at me inside.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Too good looking for my own good.

But seriously, procrastination and introversion are neck-and-neck coming into the stretch...

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm too competitive professionally and anyone doing something that is deemed better than what I did fractures my ego.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty shy. Makes me a little stand offish with people at first, which given I have a pretty isolating career at the moment isn't great as it just exacerbates things.

I used to be like this, until I was in an accident and a few people I'd done a lot for weren't there for me. Taught me a lot about recognising who it's worth going the extra mile for and who it's not.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Far too many to list if I thought about it, but first came to mind was that I'm stubborn and afraid to ask for help.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I'm a coward. So many chances I didn't take, so many opportunities I missed because I never tried.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I lack self discipline, making me lazy, unfocused, unable to make changes in my life and im unable to take risks that can pay off big because im scared to lose a little.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
May i ask how if you dint mind? Like did it help you learn to focus on yourself more or help to open yourself up to others.
The military tries its best to take away your individuality and how to work as a cohesive unit, but when you realize that most people in the army are corrupted, power hungry asskissers, you start to lose faith in the idea of teamwork and being available to people (at least that is what happened in my case), the army will take away your will to want to help others and just makes you distrust people even more.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
The military tries its best to take away your individuality and how to work as a cohesive unit, but when you realize that most people in the army are corrupted, power hungry asskissers, you start to lose faith in the idea of teamwork and being available to people (at least that is what happened in my case), the army will take away your will to want to help others and just makes you distrust people even more.
Thats pretty sad in a way, I hope you find people in your life you can open up to and be fully comfortable around. Im glad you are able to focus on yourself though, you cant only worry about others. Thank you for your service.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anxiety induced avoidance. I've become a world-class professional at avoiding anything that might cause it to go off; of course, this largely consists of never doing anything worthwhile or fun, but at least I'm not anxious about missing out on life right

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Thats pretty sad in a way, I hope you find people in your life you can open up to and be fully comfortable around. Im glad you are able to focus on yourself though, you cant only worry about others. Thank you for your service.
Thank you for the words, my life has definitely been better since I left and really you do not need to thank me at all.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm too nice and try too much to please people. It results in me putting almost everyone before myself, and I've gotten used quite a lot because of this.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I suffer from "tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of my life" syndrome. It's where every so often I take stock of my life, have an "epiphany" of what I'm doing wrong, and tell myself that tomorrow is the day I get my shit together.

But then tomorrow comes and the tiniest of wrenches gets thrown into my perfect plan and instead of adapting to it, I decide my whole day is shot and better to start fresh tomorrow.

over

and over

and over again

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I had years of closing myself off from people and not trying to build relationships of any kind. I think it was a defense mechanism, but ultimately it leads you down a maze that I don't think you can get back out of because of all the walls.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I suffer from "tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of my life" syndrome. It's where every so often I take stock of my life, have an "epiphany" of what I'm doing wrong, and tell myself that tomorrow is the day I get my shit together.

But then tomorrow comes and the tiniest of wrenches gets thrown into my perfect plan and instead of adapting to it, I decide my whole day is shot and better to start fresh tomorrow.

over

and over

and over again
I do that a fuck of a lot, yeah.