• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm using this as a meal replacement. It keeps me full and energized until lunch. I don't have any crashes with this one like some of my older smoothies.

I thought I'd share my recipe. Open it up for tweaks and discussion and maybe use this thread for others to share theirs.

1 Big handful of Power Greens (Fresh Spinach and Kale mix. Est 1.5 Cups)
1 Teaspoon of Acai Powder
1 Tablespoon of Almond Butter Powder
1 Scoop of Purely Organic Inspired Organic Greens (The only green powder additive that doesn't aggravate my gout)
1 Tablespoon of Organic Cacao Powder
1 Scoop of Unflavored Whey Protein
8oz of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1x Large Banana
1 Light Handful of Blueberries (est 1/2 cup)
Cup of Ice

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It looks okay - although considering you have almond powder in there you might as well dump the almond milk for water. Would be a lot cheaper and just as nutritious.

Might be able to get away with sneaking a sprinkle of toasted ground flaxseed in there too.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I've been thinking about doing the smoothie thing, yours might be a good place to start. Would all of that fit in a Ninja?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm using this as a meal replacement. It keeps me full and energized until lunch. I don't have any crashes with this one like some of my older smoothies.

I thought I'd share my recipe. Open it up for tweaks and discussion and maybe use this thread for others to share theirs.

1 Scoop of Purely Organic Inspired Organic Greens (The only green powder additive that doesn't aggravate my gout)
1x Large Banana
Cup of Ice

sounds really good, I would add strawberries and plain greek yogurt in there

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
add some fresh ginger and lemon juice

DuuNHlEWoAEqilq.jpg

Deleted member 20941

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice, I like it all. If I had to change one ingredient it would have to be the whey, would probably go for a hemp based protein instead.

I usually just go with
Kale (half of the mixer bottle)
One banana
Half of an apple
Half of an avocado
Chia seeds,
One stalk of celery
Unsweetened almond milk
Ginger

OP
OP
hwalker84

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh

astro

Oct 25, 2017

1x Large Banana
Cup of Ice
This looks really nice, I'm going to try it this week.

I don't have one to share unfortunately.

How so?

It sounds delicious.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Add Chia seeds.

Mine is:
Almond milk
Vanilla Berry no fat/carb protein powder
Frozen berries
Chia seeds
Raw cacao
Almond butter
Stevia
Green powder if I have it

Delicious!

I recently been using pea protein, which is a complete protein, aka has all the essential protein chain to great effect. Fully switch from whey to it.
Isn't the uptake from pea much worse than for whey? Also, I've heard the taste is quite bad.
I have no reason to give up whey, so just curious. I watched some YouTube vids on protein powder, so I'm something of an expert 😉

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just made one for lunch.

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup blueberries
1 cup mini carrots
1 cup baby spinach
1 small apple
1 banana
1/4 cup mini tomato's
Tbsp half and half

No powder in mine. Don't really need it.

I don't make them every day, only when I need something filling and need to get my veggie and fruit intake up. They're able to keep me moving through the day until lunch.

I think the crucial thing for a smoothie is banana. It really adds to the texture.

And yes, strawberries add way too much sugar with a banana added.

Last edited:

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
When I wasn't doing breakfast smoothies (greens, but butter, frozen fruit, maybe a bit of spirulina or hemp heart protein) my poop was just dark green soft serve and it sucked.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
Ah for me personally it's purely due to issues with what whey does to me. Even using whey isolate, it did not say well with me. So I was looking for another form of complete protein.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Seems like the ingredients for two different smoothies mixed together to me.

I'd either mix all the greens and berries and açai with ice as a nutrition boost, or I'd have the whey, almond milk/powder, cacao and banana as an energy boosting smoothie to keep you full. Not both together, it must taste very muddy.

My morning shake is just protein powder, one banana, a spoon of nut butter, cacao, and oat milk. Tastes amazing and keeps me full for hours.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I've done smoothies with kale and spinach and I can agree with OP that it doesn't affect the overall flavour. Is the protein powder nessecary though?