• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You can talk about pre-android era vegeta but I wanna focus on post. It seems that he wanted to wish for eternal life to take out frieza....but then what? After that he basically replaced that with taking out Goku. During the 7 year gap before the buu saga it also seems like he's training to beat Gohan.

Demon king piccolo wanted to rule, frieza wanted to rule and I think cell and buu just wanted to destroy. But there's no inkling on what vegata would do if he were the strongest. Would he continue to be a family man? Start killing again? Or maybe he'd rule like frieza.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
edit 2: ok so I think that Vegeta is less invested now in being 'the strongest' and is more invested in becoming 'ever stronger'. As though that's his raison d'etre, not unlike Goku in some ways.

I think that if today's Vegeta ever became 'the strongest', he'd fuck off to Universe 6 and work to raise the saiyans of Planet Salada to his heights, so that an entire Saiyan race could share in his glory, and perhaps give birth to even greater power than he.

Last edited:

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Depends, is he married and has kids or is this pre-Cell saga?

He probably travels the galaxy looking for people to murk

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
He'd rub it in Goku's face and immediately retire, unable to be challenged and defeated again.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Before Vegeta can do anything of significance, a new villain would show up who's too much for Geets to handle, causing him to get his ass kicked before Goku gets his next miracle power-up to save the day.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, I think that's Goku (just wanting to become stronger). Vegeta seems like he wants to become stronger to defeat Goku. And if he does that then what
I feel like Vegeta has moved on from treating Kakarot as a goal and sees him more like a rival and something of a friend, now. They push each other to greater heights and their now-mutual obsession with reaching new heights of strength enables this relationship, despite their personal differences.

The main thing that makes me feel that way is that Goku's strength isn't the strength Vegeta outwardly chases, anymore. Back in the day, it was like, oh, Goku's a fucking super saiyan, I can be that, I SHOULD BE THAT! Why shouldn't I be stronger than Goku, specifically? but today, I think Vegeta shares in Goku's ethos of just wanting to reach new unseen heights through hard training. Like, I don't think Vegeta will drop everything in an attempt to reach the state of Ultra Instinct that Goku had, and his reaction to Ultra Instinct was not very like his reaction to seeing Goku achieve Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 3 forms. That just doesn't seem like his character anymore. Especially now that he's met characters that could take him and Goku on in a fight. His perspective and goals may have expanded.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
edit 2: ok so I think that Vegeta is less invested now in being 'the strongest' and is more invested in becoming 'ever stronger'. As though that's his raison d'etre, not unlike Goku in some ways.
yup, he just wants to keep getting stronger. i think hes even comfortable now with the idea that there will always be people out there stronger.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I imagine mid-life crisis Geets wouldn't exist if this happened post perfect cell. He'd probably be the same as he is now.

Oct 26, 2017
It wouldn't be good enough. No matter how bad he beat Goku, he'd find that their fight was too close, and he'd go back and train more. He could whip Goku with a finger and still not find himself strong enough.

I really wish we could get a time skip Dragon Ball where Vegeta and Goku truly, truly retired from fighting. Let them be mentors or whatever. I don't think this will ever happen though.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Vegeta through most of his life would expect to be treated like royalty. The degree of awfulness would decrease with each passing year since his intro.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was a time when Vegeta assumed being a super saiyan meant he had limitless, unrivaled power. He basically thought being a super saiyan was like having a power level of infinity, and this put him above any other being in existence with a definable power level. Vegeta assumed that this state of being meant that he no longer had to train or exert any effort. The goal is reached, the end. He held that belief up until Android 18 beat him and he realized his infinite assumption was wrong and that he'd always have to be training and getting stronger.

I think Vegeta's plan back when he thought he was invincible was to beat the Androids and then Goku, and then revel forever in his awesomeness as the supreme being of the universe. There wasn't much desire beyond having all beings in the galaxy shine his boots and call him Lord Vegeta, as he mentioned was his plan for Gohan after they immediately returned to Earth after Namek. As long as he would be recognized by all comers that he was the most powerful being in the universe, all would be well. Now maybe he became Emperor of the universe like Frieza, but it would be secondary to just having his own satisfaction that he was the limitless super saiyan.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Laugh maniacally, beat up Goku and then have a mid-life crisis realizing that it was all for mostly nothing.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think his character would change much at this point if he got stronger than Goku. He'd be the same Vegeta except he would be roasting Goku every chance he gets.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
he tells goku to suck it with a gloating boastful rant so intense and vulgar that it raises the age rating of the show, then he effs off to universe-6 and adopts the alternate-saiyans.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
I kind of feel like in terms of consistency he's stronger then goku who relies on temporary power ups

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
He'd gloat, stop training, and then be overtaken by Goku ten minutes later. The only thing that motivates Vegeta to be the strongest is that he isn't.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Let it get to his head and let it become his downfall somehow.

That's the story of Vegeta. Unable to wield physical and exerted power on others but instead finds great power in humbling himself.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Vegeta through most of his life would expect to be treated like royalty. The degree of awfulness would decrease with each passing year since his intro.
He kind of is still Royalty. Capsule Corp is so rich he can build a base three thousand lightyears away to fuck off to whenever he wants, just because he can. Without even working for it.

Dec 31, 2017
Current Vegeta is a whole other animal compared to pre-android Vegeta, both in terms of character growth and power.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
They should have either set him up to become God of Destruction or have him become some sort of leader figure of U6's Saiyan planet. But, you know, that would be cool. And the writers don't like that shit.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
He'd gloat alot, get bored eventually, and then train Goku to get stronger than him again so that he has a goal to work towards.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Can we please, dear god please, just have a DBZ megathread for the 3-5 threads a week that consist of little more than "I have ______ random thought about _________ in DBZ"

I'll take the ban because lord knows there is no coherent moderation on this forum at this point.

This place would be better off if we just banned the 30 most frequent posters who flood this forum with the most mundane fucking garbage to fill the sad hole that would be their lives.

Mods: just nuke my account. I am done with this place.