• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2018
I'm talking about if it was somehow pulled off really well, not as a comedic thing but played completely straight.

The last thing the canon establishes is after helping making Palpatine emperor, Jarr is reviled in civilised society and becomes a street performer.

What if a few seasons into Mando and all these spin off shows they lay seeds that he did this to fade away from the public, possibly freezing himself and awakening to help bring Palpatine back.

He could be the villain of the sequel, sequel trilogy.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Would be fine if it happened in the prequel trilogy. It's way too late night and would feel ridiculously forced.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I would absolutely love it and it would retroactively explain all the "accidental" wins in the prequels. He's a Drunken Style Kung Fu Master.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, why the fuck not. The new movies clearly don't give a shit about consistency and just do whatever they want anyway.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Having him slowly change tone while absolutely bodying a protagonist would be quite the sight.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Die hard SW fans get mad at the dumbest stuff, so I'd like it to happen for that reason alone.

BetterOffEd

Oct 29, 2017
It would have been awesome as an actual part of the prequels, much better than weirdly retiring the character. But would reek of fan service to shove it in after the fact

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
They should honestly bring Jar Jar back for an episode or two on one of the dozen or so Disney Plus shows.
It's the least they could do for Ahmed Best after the ordeal that role put him through.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
The prequel trilogy would've been phenomenal had Jar Jar been the antagonist in Attack of the Clones. Retconning/canonizing it now though? Idk.

....screw it, do it. It might make the prequel trilogy more interesting to watch with that angle.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
ew918des5n141.png

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love it, the prequels needed that twist to be valuable.

In fact I already adopted it as headcanon the minute I heard it. Makes so much more sense than what was otherwise written.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Funny enough. Darth Jar Jar would do a pretty good job of retroactively fixing the prequels. It'd explain so much surrounding the empires formation if JarJar was in on the whole thing.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
I think it'd even be awesome for a total fakeout of the audience for a bit. Like in one of the new Star Wars shows have a Sith gungan fucking people up, and make the audience believe that it's Jar-Jar.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't want this.

Jar Jar the crime lord struggling to get by for decades tho directed by the Coen Brothers