• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can see if the game is not gold yet and all but really what is stopping Nintendo from pushing the green button on the E-Store (we all have it preloaded already) and release it early. It would be great PR for the company. My kids just got the notification that they are now home for two weeks due to school closures. My daughter keeps letting me know how many days away we are from playing together.

www.theverge.com

Disney bringing Frozen 2 to Disney Plus three months early amid coronavirus pandemic

Frozen 2 will be available for families three months early, as more kids stay home from school

www.theverge.com

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is available to buy now, a few days earlier than expected

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker joins Frozen 2 in surprise early release

Should we hit Nintendo up on twitter in full force =)

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Well they can't ship the physical copies that fast so it would probably anger the stores relying on the preorders and physical sales.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's gonna be out next week anyway. Frozen 2 wasn't gonna come to Disney+ for 3 months.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Because Nintendo doesnt have a service they need to sell that involves streaming/subscription.

Disney doing this gives them more subbers for their streaming service.

Also waiting 6 more days for release is also different than releasing something that was originally planned 3 months away.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
You that desperate?

What's stopping anyone from releasing any game early? Why you gotta single out Animal Crossing? Reeks of childishness

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking embarrassing.

It's a goddamn week.

Releasing something digitally disney already made 90% of their money on digitally and physically, early on their own paid service, is not the same as nintendo releasing something digitally early and fucking over all their retail partners that are a cornerstone of their business still

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Nintendo & Bethesda don't care about their consumers nor the plight the world is currently facing. It is trying times for gamers everywhere and in a few years gamers will remember the time Bethesda & Nintendo refused to give back to the players when they need us most.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Disney releasing Frozen early wasn't something done purely out of goodness.

With a lot of people having more time to watch streaming services, Disney needed something exciting. + has been out some time now and while it was exciting at first it isn't the hot new thing anymore

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ, some of these responses, he just asked a question. He and his daughter are looking forward to playing it together and perhaps hadn't considered how this would negatively impact retailers. You can't just kindly correct him on the situation without berating someone for how "fucking embarrassing you people are"? I'm more embarrassed by the hostility in the responses than the OP tbh.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
As people have stated doing that would piss off retailers. it would also suck for the people with physical preorders.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ, some of these responses, he just asked a question. He and his daughter are looking forward to playing it together and perhaps hadn't considered how this would negatively impact retailers. You can't just kindly correct him on the situation without berating someone for how "fucking embarrassing you people are"? I'm more embarrassed by the hostility in the responses than the OP tbh.

Was about to type something similar before reading this.

Geez, chill guys lol

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I think some people are just concerned that stores may close before they get their physical pre-orders.

Nintendo will piss off retailers, and also the publications that got early review copies too. I don't see them doing this.
I hope those that are buying it physically can do so safely though.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all really worried about nintendo's retail partners lol, who gives a fuck?
So many hostile responses for no good reason.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Disney releasing Frozen early wasn't something done purely out of goodness.

With a lot of people having more time to watch streaming services, Disney needed something exciting. + has been out some time now and while it was exciting at first it isn't the hot new thing anymore
This, whenever a business does something like this there's almost always more too it then "look how nice they are"

Oct 25, 2017
The world's quarantine won't end when Animal Crossing comes out. There will still be plenty of time to hole up and binge New Horizons while society burns!

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The world's quarantine won't end when Animal Crossing comes out. There will still be plenty of time to hole up and binge New Horizons while the world burns!
What if it's like when I try to check my phone at a red light and it immediately turns green so I can't?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
some people just have no chill

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
As someone who works at Target, I feel that doing so would severely impact the relationship with retailers. Right now it's (I believe) going to be on the cover of next week's ad that it comes out on Friday. If they released it now digitally, a lot of people who were waiting for the physical release may decide to bite the bullet on the digital version, which would piss retailers off more than you could possibly imagine.

I'm honestly a bit surprised Disney released Frozen 2 earlier for this reason considering the lost DVD sales.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would love to have seen all this civic mindedness a month or two ago when the whole of East Asia was quarantined at home

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo & Bethesda don't care about their consumers nor the plight the world is currently facing. It is trying times for gamers everywhere and in a few years gamers will remember the time Bethesda & Nintendo refused to give back to the players when they need us most.
In protest, I am boycotting Animal Crossing until Friday. Will you join me?

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't worry about it OP. We're all probably going to be on lockdown for a while so you'll have plenty of time to enjoy it in a week.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of contracts with well known retailers? Pretty sure coronavirus will still be a thing by Friday so they have no reason to agitate their retail partners