• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
Its gotta exist and be fun

Also Dudley.

giphy.gif

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
For capcom to release it, street fighter games are easily the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be. People have tried and will continue to say bad things about street fighter but it continues to be the most watched and played.

Street fighter 5 got flack for coming out bare bones but they released early to allow it to be at fighting tournaments.

Last edited:

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I'll get it regardless, but would prefer if they sell me a complete game this time.

SF5 really sucked at launch as far as content goes.

I don't like games like this adopting the GaaS model.

Melubas

Jan 4, 2018
More emphasis on footsies, less on rushdown. With this also comes fixing the stubby normals. I loved the dancing around an enemy you could do with for example Vega in SF4, it's just not possible in SF5. Bringing back hard technical stuff aside from hitconfirms, I like having options when it comes to easier links or trying for a hard max-damage confirm with several hard links in it. I would also like hundred hand slaps and lightning legs-like moves to go back to the way they're supposed to be input. Makes for some nice practice to learn how to incorporate it in combos. Bring back proximity normals and more defensive options.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
It just need to exist. Even bad Street Fighter is still good Street Fighter. Despite me hating a lot of aspects of V, it's still my most played FG this gen.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For capcom to release it, street fighter games are easily the best there was, the best there and the best there ever will be. People have tried and will continue to say bad things about street fighter but it continues to be the most watched and played.

Street fighter 5 got flack for coming out bare bones but they released early to allow it to be at fighting tournaments.

I can't even say if it's a real post or satire

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
A complete change of visual aesthetics. I hated how Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter V looked. Alpha and Third Strike had this cool anime styling to it that made the game look both gritty and colourful. IV and V looks like a bad render of 3D Street Fighter TV show from the late 90's.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
People here asking for 2D sprites needs to realize something; That isn't happening. SFV improves the aesthethics of SF IV A LOT, so im fine if them find a way change some things of it, like the big hands and legs or making the characters model overall more slim and stuff. Aside from that SFV looks really good for a competitive fighting game. It looks clean for once.

People expecting SF III again are out of their minds

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
People here asking for 2D sprites needs to realize something; That isn't happening. SFV improves the aesthethics of SF IV A LOT, so im fine if them find a way change some things of it, like the big hands and legs or making the characters model overall more slim and stuff. Aside from that SFV looks really good for a competitive fighting game. It looks clean for once.

People expecting SF III again are out of their minds

I want the game to have a huge roster at launch. Like 30 characters minimum.

Also, I want high quality sprite artwork that is 3S/KoF XIII quality at least.

Sgtpepper89

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Online play at the launch that isnt a pathetic experience like the SFV in the beginning (long waittimes, rewarding ragequiters in ranked, laggy stuff)

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
My mind its blown right now. Do people find SFV that bad looking? if you compare it with SFIV or SFxT the difference its HUGE. Its a far more better looking game than those two. Capcom learned from their mistakes (only the two costumes for Ken you can really say their are bad), and while SFV is still down with the "big characters that looks like clay" aesthetics, the game really improves in other aspects. Ryu and Chun Li don't look like monsters anymore, for example. Plus almost every DLC costume has been great (Captain Commando Charlie its really good looking), and overall the game far beyond the previous ones.

I prefer this kind of design over KOF XIV for example. I would be down for something similar to SF III obviously, but again, i don't think thats happening anytime soon. Not for SFV, nor for MVC, or even KOF itself.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Continue with excellent models, diverse cast and animations like SFV (SFIV was awful in that regard), better use of FM if it comes back and a robust online system that's also cross-play.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
ignoring that i'll always play SF,

they should always focus on online first, putting many resources into it and not just one dude and calling it a day. so many years with the internet and they still don't get it. bring akiman back and let shinkiro design a few characters.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
-Make the game more accessible to new comers, especially online. Ive been playing street fighter for over 20 years so im not a complete noob but I get completely destroyed everytime I go online, so many times in fact that I have completely given up playing online as I dont have the time to practice for 100s of hours to get skilled enough to compete with most of the people online.

What does that even mean in practical terms?
You want the game to give you an advantage if you are less experienced, have less knowledge and less practice?

Tiamat

Nov 16, 2017
Anime character design (like street fighter alpha or more recently dbfz in 2.5)
The game must be released on all consoles.

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Oh i also would like someone that isn't Bengus to do all the art, while in general i've liked his art throughout his history with the franchise his SFV stuff feels sooooo lazy and to me looks straight up bad.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
  • No Dimps
  • Less Street Fighter II nostalgia pandering
  • Better art style than disgusting claymation
  • Get rid of the goofy cartoon humour crap
  • Stop with the fetish outfits crap for all the female characters

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017

I'm a big SFV fan - in fact I think it's the best in the series, but I would be down with ALL of this in 6. Especially the art style and terrible humor!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
  • No Dimps

What's wrong with the goofy, cartoon stuff?
That's been a big part of SF's identity since SF2.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
This image clarify my point. SFV is far beyond than SF IV in terms of aesthethics and overall design. Sprites are always better (at least most of the times), but i just can't dig the idea of people saying SFV its horrible. Maybe they didn't played it as much, therefore thinks it looks like SFIV?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure he doesn't want it to look exactly like SFIV but rather to be a progression of that style :p
But that's what SFV is. A much more refined version of the cartoonish/painterly aesthetic SF4 attempted. I literally have no idea what it is some people think that SF4 does better aesthetically.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For it to be on switch
Considering that it'll likely be next-gen, the odds of a Switch port are slim-to-none.

I'm sure he doesn't want it to look exactly like SFIV but rather to be a progression of that style :p
Haha seems that way yes, but isn't that just the graphics that aged and not the style? Give that style a new engine it would not look that bad I think.
There are still clear artistic problems with SFIV, hence the Guile comparison.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
There are many people who enjoy Street Fighter as a franchise but didn't enjoy SFV, and so I ask those people (since I know many of them on resetera), what would it take to bring you back?
What characters, features, or gameplay mechanics would you want to see to pull you back into the franchise?

Right now the only thing I can think of that I really want out of SF6 would be to see some character mainstays actually age and change. I would also really appreciate the return of having several supers to choose from at the start.

Start with a complete game at launch
Be on Switch

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Be a complete game from the start and actually have ADDITIONAL content instead of rest of the base content.

Who am I fooling though, I'll buy it anyway, play and whine if it's incomplete lol

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Start with a complete game at launch
Be on Switch
It kinda goes back to my concern in a previous thread I made. By next-gen, the power gap between Switch & PS5/Xbox Scarlett will likely be too wide for a Switch port to be feasible (even if Capcom sticks with UE4). And if Division 1 makes SFVI using the RE Engine, the odds of a Switch port go down from 5% to 0%.