• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Daredevil (been wanting this for ages. Probably be an evolution on the Yatterman 1 style with those tethered sticks)
    Daredevil-21-Marvel-Comics-5-6.jpg
  2. Asura
  3. Huitzil (dude was awesome in Darkstalkers)
  4. The Sentry (power of 1000 exploding suns. Mentally unstable superman whose fears manifest as The Void an entity he cannot defeat. He breaks reality. Yes that is him casually tearing the God Ares in half )
    Halfsies.jpg

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
In any case, the number one priority is for Capcom to have more of a say. It started with 3 but you can really tell Marvel was dictating the roster and it made for pretty forgettable, generic characters that blended with one another. I want funky choices that make each character look unique and different, not shit like Iron Fist where hes basically just Fei Long

That's why I doubt any future partnership between Marvel and Capcom will work out in the long term. Marvel's in a better position to dictate the pace and Capcom can only agree or walk away.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It mostly worked out for MvC3 though considering Marvel was behind interesting picks like MODOK, Rocket Raccoon, Dormammu, etc. Modern Marvel though is just gonna want boring movie tie-in shit unfortunately.
Sort of, in Ultimate is when it became clear. In regular, I thought X-23 was pretty boring visually, eventhough I like the character and Im glad shes in, but in terms of heres a character with her tiny blades, it was underwhelming, not even close to how FUCKING COOL it was seeing the Wolverine sprite for the first time

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a good ol' 72-character dream roster for a MvC4 on hand, so two in particular that I'd like to see from each (not necessarily the ones that are most likely, just ones I'd like to see)...

Marvel:

Songbird - I'd really like some Thunderbolts acknowledgement, and her powers can basically let her fill any roll, since they're Green Lantern-esque, as she can create objects using solid sound.

Apocalypse - Like a legit Apocalypse, not that boss version from XvSF/MvSF. LIke a real fighter version. He's got so much potential, with his shape shifting and Celestial-tech armor. You could even have that boss version show up as a super.

Capcom

Bass.EXE - He's a bit of an edgey version of Bass, who was already sort of a edgey version of Mega Man, but he's got a ton of interesting things to pull from, since his moveset kept evolving throughout all six BN games. Give him a Gospel gun, the earth breaker, and some of his dark energy attacks, and a super that sets up the Life Shield, and we're golden.

Donovan - Donovan from Darkstalkers. I've also got Pyron on this list, who I'd think would also work really well. Heck any Darkstalkers character would, but Donny with his Stand Spirit Channeling powers and demon sword would just be really interesting.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Someone from Breath of Fire. Ryu would be cool with maybe a dragon transformation install.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nightcrawler, Mysterio and bring Rogue back.

Capcom hasn't put out any new characters of note in ages.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In any case, the number one priority is for Capcom to have more of a say. It started with 3 but you can really tell Marvel was dictating the roster and it made for pretty forgettable, generic characters that blended with one another. I want funky choices that make each character look unique and different, not shit like Iron Fist where hes basically just Fei Long
That's kind of the consequence of Marvel becoming as big as they are. There are so many expected characters thanks to other forms of media that there isn't a ton of room for deep cuts anymore. Even MUA3 only really had one deep cut in the form of Elsa Bloodstone.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I'll do five per company.

Marvel: Kamala Khan
Gwenpool
Ant-Man
Emma Frost
Daredevil

*also make sure richard rider returns never take him out*

Capcom: Asura
Palico
Ibuki
Cody Travers
Leon Kennedy

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of the consequence of Marvel becoming as big as they are. There are so many expected characters thanks to other forms of media that there isn't a ton of room for deep cuts anymore. Even MUA3 only really had one deep cut in the form of Elsa Bloodstone.

Yes and no, I have dealt with big name licensors in the past and it really depends on who is handling the negotiations at the time. This industry has a lot of churn so for a 2 year period you might get the "corporate shill" licensing agent that second guesses everything you do or you might get lucky and get someone who lets Capcom do their thing. These things go through cycles

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yes and no, I have dealt with big name licensors in the past and it really depends on who is handling the negotiations at the time. This industry has a lot of churn so for a 2 year period you might get the "corporate shill" licensing agent that second guesses everything you do or you might get lucky and get someone who lets Capcom do their thing. These things go through cycles
Fair enough, & there's no telling what will happen with the future of Capcom fighting games with Ono gone (I foresee an overall improvement, but that's just me). But given that we got a relatively safe MUA3 roster with KT/Team Ninja having more of a say, I'm not sure if it would be any crazier for another MvC considering how much Capcom had to beg for Sentinel & Shuma for MvC3.

Basically we're more likely to see the likes of Blade, Shang-Chi, Moon Knight, & Ironheart than Blackheart, Shuma-Gorath, Omega Red, or Spiral.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
Capcom:
- Tessa
- Asura
- Gene
- Edward Fokker/Rouge
- Gill

Marvel:
- Mr. Fantastic/Invisible Woman (F4; Captain Commando style)
- Ms. Marvel
- Squirrel Girl
- Moon Knight
- Moon Girl & Devil Dino
- Nightcrawler

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm going to go wacky here...

Howard the Duck
mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:62239

Squirrel Girl
Untitled-2-1-1000x563.jpg

And for Capcom...

Ayame (Power Stone 2)
562806-_large__animepaper_scans_power_stone_greymeanie__thisres__110222.jpg

Nilin (Remember Me)
nQgMex3GVdArecPEeE6vjbgmOk8PtonWVmAv-t1PeC_RXpRelW4oict-IybpW0K91zmdnGvCv7QW0Z5wErvRZGj0A6iZm_4GJmRwcuotlQz18bPWFmgxII64tG9p5KgIUdeUl5Chclt8HD0EwcPWOKAR9tsa

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I gotta say to all the people saying NIGHTCRAWLER...I love you. Dude's awesome and I've always enjoyed him. Teleport footdives and swords all day.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

Ehhh, I don't really think it'd turn out like that. The MCU is so big now, that I'm confident that if Capcom were to choose the Marvel side of the roster completely by themselves, they'd pick mostly all MCU and some X-Men, because that's what's popular, not necessarily because of promotional synergy. There would probably be a few weirder picks because Capcom would just want to spice things up with an odder character, but that may end up being either random, or still MCU based. I think the relaiton for vanilla MvC3 was probably the best, since Marvel was still dictating their roster more or less, but was making creative suggestions like Super Skrull to rep the FF or Dormamu instead of Dr. Strange, getting Thor/Phoenix in there finally, and oddballs like Taskmaster and MODOK, since they were less concerned about building up their brand.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Marvel is just an insane group of characters. They could do a compelling Marvel roster without any of the characters from the previous games if they wanted.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
1. Blade - I recall the rationale on why he, along with Black Panther, wasn't in MvC3 was because he was 'too similar' to other characters on the roster, but that doesn't mean much to me. He deserves a spot, and it'd be right in time for his MCU debut with Mahershala Ali.

2. Shuri/Aja-Adanna - Super unique set of powers to adapt, and much needed diversity since black women rarely get to grace fighting game rosters. While I fear they'd use MCU Shuri as the basis for her moveset, rather than 616 Shuri, I'd be happy to see her in the game, regardless.

3. Spider-Woman - Jessica hasn't really been in anything outside of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but she's a classic character that would fit fairly well in MvC as her powers aren't like a traditional Spider-person.

4. Sam Wilson/Captain America/Falcon - Would prefer to see him as Cap, but I'm not entirely picky on which identity they go with. Like Jessica, Sam is a classic character that hasn't gotten much use in games outside of Ultimate Alliance.

5. Asura - He's a natural fit, and SFV already had an Asura reference, if I'm not mistaken.

Marie

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel: Polaris, Blue Marvel, Magik, Forge, Beta Ray Bill, Mephisto, Amadeus Cho, Kamala, Spectrum, Silk, Spider Woman, Carnage, Agent Venom, Loki,

Jun 15, 2020
Capcom: Palico & someone from Power Stone (probably Falcon)

Marvel: Good God... so many.... Daredevil, Green Goblin, Loki, Falcon, Gwenpool, Ant-Man, Star-Lord, Punisher, Miles Morales...I guess I'll stop there.

Last edited:

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
Just want to say even if I didn't personally care about MvCI I find the "making a true MvC4" additude incredible obnoxious.

And if they were to continue making them I whould rather have a all Marvel or all Capcom game insted of two character pools cannibalizing each other.

Buuut if it were to happen the five I would like to see them add the most would be:
Asura
Nero
Apollo (with Trucy performing magic tricks)
Ms. Marvel
and Squirrel Girl

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the Capcom characters I really care about have been included in past MvC games, so I'll limit my requests to Marvel.
  • The Fantastic Four: I know Super-Skrull combines their powers, but I think they're way too important to leave out. I'd even be happy with a Captain Commando-style team assist fighter with Mister Fantastic in the lead.
  • Daredevil: He's a bonafide top 5 Marvel hero, and he's been around for more than 50 years. He really should have been included in MvC3.
  • Miles and Kamala: They're arguably the only Marvel characters created in the last decade that people actually know and care about.
  • Green Goblin and/or Doctor Octopus: Spider-Man has some of the best and most recognizable villains in comics, so it's a shame that only Venom has been included in previous MvC titles.

ThePunisher

Oct 27, 2017
For marvel I'd be happy if any of these made it in: Blade, Morbius, Punisher, or Moonknight.

For Capcom give me Demitri Maximoff all day.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bren Turner from EX Troopers. Tho he might be better for something like Shonen Jump vs Capcom
latest

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
4 Capcom characters and 4 Marvel characters I shall name.

Capcom
1. Nero, After the blow up in DMC V, I would be shocked if he wasn't in.
2. Rashid, the SFV Rep that would feel the most in place with MvC (He already has an air dash after all).
3. Asura, just look at the insane battles Asura's Wrath has, he'd fit right in.
4. Rathalos/Nergigante, We had a Monster Hunter in MvCI, but what about a monster. Rathalos may be the most popular monster, but Nergigante helps solve the whole "Flying all the time" issue since most of his moveset is ground based.

Marvel
1. Miles Morales, The Venom punch moveset is enough to differentiate him from Peter Parker and he feels one of the most deserving to get in.
2. Scarlet Witch, Hey maybe we can actually dive into the Magneto relation in MvC. That'll be fun. moveset potential should already be obvious.
3. Squirrel Girl, Need to be a bit cautious, she might be OP.
4. Devil Dinosaur, Because if we are going to have Rathalos or Nergigante in, we need a big monster from Marvel as well to fit them

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More than anything we need less dudes where their move set is "I shoot bullets".

Capcom:
Asura
Bass (Battle Network version)
Ryu , Nina, or Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)
Samanosuke , Jubei, or Soki (Onimusha)

Marvel:
Moon Knight
Daredevil
Magik
Black Bolt
Sam Alexander