• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 7, 2020
I was thinking about all of the recent Japanese art released recently for Capcom vs games and wanted to get my hopes up unnecessarily for a true MVC4 sequel that MVC:Infinite was not. These games have tried to have interesting casts and newcomers. I was thinking about newcomers to the series that I would like to see and why, just in case a miracle happened and a new game was announced tomorrow. Who would be your top 5 newcomers and why?

1. Bass:Exe- We have had alot of Megaman representation in the past from servbot, roll, megaman, and zero. I would love to see Bass:Exe the netnavi from Megaman battle network. I think he could have some interesting movesets as he can acquire abilities from his opponents via data absorption. I think it could be interesting to see how Capcom creates a moveset for him. Although he shares similarities with Megaman and Zero, I think his skill of taking abilities from others could be interesting.

2. Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan- I know, she was just in the latest Avenger's game so she has been represented in a marvel game recently. Additionally, we have had super skrull so there will be some overlap in movesets. However, I think the interesting ability to stretch and enlarge could be very cool to see come to life for her.

3.Magik- Now this one is very interesting for me as she has some pretty cool abilities. I think she would be really cool based upon her soul sword and magical abilities. She would be a new interesting addition and provides additional female representation.

4. Samanosuke(Onimusha)- I think he would be a cool as he could use the various oni derived weapons and abilities to his arsenal. We have had a alot of sword swinging characters but I believe he could be an interesting addition.

5. Knull- How about we add the guy who created the symbiotes? I think he was been more prevalent in recent years and his moveset would be sick!!!!

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Linn Kurosawa and Squirrel Girl

Because Linn deserves to be in something and Squirrel girl would be hilarious to see beating up the likes of thanos xD

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Spider Pig from Into the Spider Verse.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Gene, Donovan, and Magik are what I'm really looking for. Oh, and bring everyone back from TVC (Capcom side), UMVC3, and MVCI.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ms. Marvel & Nero, easy.

To be more specific...
I'm sure many of you surmised it by now, but the Marvel vs. Capcom series means a lot to me. It was one of my first video games ever as well as my first fighting game, and it shaped my love for video games & comics to this day. Given the failure of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, there's no telling if the series will have a future anytime soon. But at the same time, Capcom franchises have come back from worse (just ask Devil May Cry), so I thought we could discuss which newcomers we'd want to see if Capcom & Marvel give it another go. With that said, I should probably shoot my shot.

• MARVEL
    • Ms. Marvel [Kamala Khan]
      • hero_ms-marvel.png
      • If we do get another MvC game, she's probably inevitable. But the fact that we were rumored to be so close to getting Kamala in MvCI still breaks my heart to this day. But at the same time, the glo-up has been real for Ms. Marvel. Her comics are doing well, she's becoming a regular character in the cartoons, she's the main character of the upcoming Avengers game from Square-Enix, & she's about to make her debut in the MCU via her Disney+ show. Kamala would be a slam dunk inclusion. Honestly, Ms. Marvel should be a no-brainer inclusion for a hypothetical MvC4, like Captain Marvel & Black Panther were for MvCI or Thor was for MvC3.
    • Star-Lord [Peter Quill]
      • hero_star-lord.png
      • Another character we supposedly got screwed out of thanks to MvCI's failure. As a huge Guardians fan, I would have loved to have gotten Star-Lord. His element blasters could prove to be an interesting mechanic within the context of an MvC game, & seeing them done in MUA3 only made me want them in a fighting game even more. Though like Ms. Marvel, Star-Lord is a pretty safe bet if we get another MvC game.
    • Scarlet Witch [Wanda Maximoff]
      • hero_scarlet-witch.png
      • Those of you who know me from MCU-Era know that I'm a......bit of a fan of Scarlet Witch. Funny enough, the first team of Avengers I read about growing up was Cap's Kooky Quartet, so you can understand how I'd have an appreciation for Wanda as well as the others. And given her hex magic abilities, she'd work really damn well in an MvC game (if we get another one). And with Scarlet Witch getting a Disney+ show as well as co-starring in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, it's not like Wanda's going anywhere anytime soon.
    • Miles Morales
      • hero_miles-morales.png
      • Fun fact, we actually almost got Miles Morales in UMvC3 (he was apparently one of the cut 8 characters). And with Miles hitting it big with Spider-Verse, now would be a great time to include him in the roster if MvC4 is to happen. Granted, we would also have Peter, but Miles would set himself enough apart from Peter to justify his place on the roster thanks to his Venom Blast & cloaking ability (more so than most of the other Spider-People). Plus there's generally more you can do with a Spider-Man moveset that hasn't been explored with Peter. Plus, at the end of the day, representation matters. And Miles being in the game could do a lot of good on that front.
    • Moon Girl [Lunella Lafayette] & Devil Dinosaur
      • am2W6O5.png
      • They're my ideal WTF pick. For one, diversity has been one of MvC's weaker points as far as the roster is concerned. And, as with Miles, bringing Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur into the picture would be a solid first step in alleviating that problem. You'd primarily control Moon Girl using her tech, but can swap to a Sentinel-sized Devil Dinosaur as a stance switch or a super. If they wanted to go the whole 9 yards, they can also have a more feral Moon Girl flailing around when her consciousness is within Devil Dinosaur. There's a lot you could do with this duo.
    • Ironheart [Riri Williams]
      • 3PCZtxY.png
      • Hear me out on this. On top of my appreciation for Ironheart's ongoing run, having her in the game (in addition to providing more diversity for the roster, as mentioned with Miles & Moon Girl) would allow for Iron Man to get a new nano-tech-based moveset along the lines of what we saw in Infinity War & Endgame. Hell, you could even give Riri Rhodey's War Destroyer hyper from MvC1 & 2. And with Riri popping up more in stuff like Marvel Rising, she's obviously not going anywhere anytime soon.
    • Shuri
      • GMGXN49.png
      • There are a few reasons I'm suggesting Shuri. For one, she (like Miles, Moon Girl, & Riri) provide more diversity to the roster. And considering that Black Panther didn't really take advantage of Wakanda's vast technology & army, I feel like Shuri could fill the gaps that T'Challa left in his moveset. Within the comics, she has her Vibranium blaster gauntlets (from the movies) as well as wings that could give her a flight mode. This does kinda sound like a hypothetical Falcon moveset, & it somewhat does, but Shuri could also bring more Wakandan tech to the table. She could also have Okoye come in as an assist hyper, where she could attack as you do (think Zero's Sougenmu except with different abilities for Okoye). Hell, Shuri's Level 3 could be Yibambe, calling upon the entire Wakandan army to beat up the opponent (alongside T'Challa if he's on your team). There's a lot of potential for Shuri in an MvC game.
    • Green Goblin [Norman Osborn]
      • green-goblin-1182334-1280x0.jpeg
      • He's always been one of my favorite Spider-Man villains. And with the tease of him possibly showing up in MvCI prior to its failure, it's kept me longing for his eventual debut into the series. I mean, sure, we have Venom. But Osborn is often considered Peter's main arch-enemy, so it'd be great if Gobby could eventually show up (preferably voiced by Steve Blum).
  • CAPCOM
    • Nero
      • latest
      • Like Ms. Marvel, Nero should be a no-brainer if we get another MvC game. While he has been the main character of the DMC games since 4, 5 was what really propelled him into stardom. Between the Devil Bringer & his various Devil Breakers (which wouldn't actually break in an MvC game, as I'd rather they allow you to switch between all of them), Nero could be a really unique character who could easily keep up with his uncle, father, & the rest of the DMC crew.
      • Also, while I'm on the subject of Devil May Cry, every DMC character should reflect their DMC5 incarnations (if they were in that game). DMC3 Dante & Vergil have been overused at this point.
    • Menat
      • mpdqOso.png
      • On top of bringing more diversity to the roster (women of color are sadly not a common occurrence in video games), Menat's moveset would be super unique with the use of her crystal ball. One doesn't have to look further than her SFV moveset to see her potential. Hell, you could give Menat a flight mode where she rides her crystal ball around if you really wanted to crank her abilities up to 11. There's just a ton of potential that I'd love to see realized in a Versus game.
    • Asura
      • latest
      • He's been a huge fan request for a while. And like Star-Lord & Ms. Marvel, it was rumored that he came close to getting in MvCI before it bombed. But let's be honest, he was made to be in a Versus game. Everything he does in Asura's Wrath would be amazing to see fully realized in a fighting game. I just hope that Asura gets a chance to show what he has to bring to the table. And hey, at least Capcom didn't forget about him if Kage's Extra Battle costume is anything to go by.
    • Franziska von Karma
      • d9d6pxg-4b31fb22-9fe4-4618-9a43-575d2d1a55e4.png
      • Fun fact, Franziska was actually supposed to be in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom alongside Phoenix Wright, neither of whom ended up making the cut. And since Phoenix Wright eventually made his way into UMvC3, it'd be cool if Franziska made her debut alongside Wright's return in a potential MvC game. I'm sure Capcom could get creative with her moves, especially considering that she actually has a weapon of her own (her whip).
    • Rashid
      • ERHaVtz.png
      • Yet another "Supposedly Almost Got in MvCI" character, Rashid is kinda like Asura in that he was born to be in a Versus game. No seriously, look at his SFV moveset. That plus he's just a fun character who would be great to have in a potential new MvC game (if we get one). If I had to choose between him & Menat, I'd pick Menat. But I'd personally prefer that we have both.
    • Lady
      • chara.png
      • Once again, another "Supposedly Almost Got in MvCI" character (& we have a clue that she was planned, as Dante didn't have Kalina Ann in MvCI). Kalina Ann as a weapon is really diverse to the point where you could center an entire moveset around it. And having Lady get her guns back to show Dante how it's really done would be great to see, especially considering how much DMC5 added to Kalina Ann (more so with the double variant). Plus, I kinda want to see all 5 core DMC characters show up in one game, so having Lady alongside Nero would complete the crew.
    • Rouge
      • e4fITNj.png
      • The Scorching Beauty herself. Now I know what you may be wondering, "But Neoxon, what about Edward Falcon?". Like I said earlier, representation matters. And I kinda have a bias towards Rouge since I played her back when I played the Power Stone games. Pretty much all of the Power Stone characters could translate really well to a Versus game, & Rouge is no different. You could even bring over the Power Change form as an install. She'd be a great fit for an MvC game.
    • Gene
      • qAWkaI7.png
      • Like Miles, Gene was one of the cut 8 characters for UMvC3. And similar to Asura, Rouge, & Rashid, Gene would be a literal perfect fit for the Versus series. The fact that he has yet to make it in a Versus game yet is a crime in of itself (like Asura), one that I hope to see rectified in another Versus game (be it MvC or something else entirely). Also, play God Hand if you can, it's great.
And since not everyone reads the threadmarks, I'll add my other set of requests to the OP.

So yeah, go ahead & give your thoughts. Though to be clear, this is less about if another MvC game is likely & more about what characters you'd like to see if we do get another one (& why). Either way, have at it. I'd love to hear what you all have to say.
I ended up thinking of more characters after creating the OP, so might as well do a new post for them.
  • MARVEL
    • Nightcrawler [Kurt Wagner]
      • hero_nightcrawler.png
      • I've always had a soft spot for Nightcrawler of the X-Men. From his power set to his swashbuckling attitude, one can't help but love him. And since the Fox ban is a thing of the past, I'd love for him to show up in an MvC game. MUA3 actually comes close to how I'd imagine Kurt to play like in a fighting game.
    • Daredevil [Matt Murdock]
      • hero_daredevil.png
      • Daredevil is one of those characters who's long overdue to be in a MvC game, & I'm genuinely shocked that he has yet to make it by now. Everything about him screams "Put me in Marvel vs. Capcom", from his fighting style to his clubs that can double as rope. He'd be a great fit in a Versus game. And if Marvel & Capcom try again, I hope Matt gets his chance.
    • Wasp [Janet van Dyne, Hope van Dyne, or Nadia Pym]
      • hero_wasp.png
        • Janet is shown above, but I'd also accept Hope or Nadia.
      • As some of you may or may not know, Ant-Man was planned for MvCI but was scrapped due to issues with his size-shifting. Hopefully they can work out those problems if we get another MvC game, but perhaps they can go with Wasp instead of Ant-Man. She can do everything Ant-Man can & then some, which would help make the moveset that Capcom would create more unique. It's basically a "Have your cake & eat it too" situation.
    • Loki
      • latest
      • Another case of "Why is he not in MvC already?". Loki has been a recurring character in both the comics & the big screen and has garnered quite the fanbase along the way. Plus he'd be a pretty unique character in a Versus game between his magic, spear (which he often uses in most incarnations), & knives. He'd be a great inclusion for a hypothetical MvC4.
    • Magik [Illyana Rasputin]
      • latest
      • Yet another mutant that I have a soft spot for. Between his abilities & her prominence in the current Hickman line of X-Men comics, now would be a great time to include Magik if we get another MvC game. Granted, I feel like Emma Frost would be more likely, but Magik could be an interesting choice.
    • Invisible Woman [Sue Storm] & the Fantastic Four [Reed Richards, Johnny Storm, & Ben Grimm]
      • K6ziKkK.png
      • The Fantastic Four are long overdue for representation in the MvC games beyond just Super-Skrull serving as a kill-4-birds-with-1-stone solution. Originally my idea was to have Reed Richards take point since he's the leader of the team. But as xaM mentioned, we need more women. That plus Reed would have a bit of overlap with Kamala, even though their powers work differently. So the suggestion I'd bring to the table is to have Sue take point, while the others back her up Captain Commando style.
  • CAPCOM
    • Nina [Breath of Fire IV]
      • latest
      • Breath of Fire is one of those franchises that would be cool to have in a Versus game, even though it's not the biggest IP in Capcom's warchest. And while most would go for Ryu, I'd personally prefer Nina. She's a recurring character in the series (well, various incarnations of her, it's more of a Link/Zelda/Ganondorf situation for the main recurring BoF characters). And seeing her translated to a Versus game would be interesting to see.
    • Bass.EXE
      • latest
      • Classic, X, & Legends have gotten quite a bit of love in the Versus series. Even MMZ Zero got in SvC Chaos. But we've yet to have a playable Battle Network rep, & Bass.EXE would be a great choice on that front. The series as a whole just as so much you could put in a Versus game that it'd take forever to list what Bass.EXE could have. Be it MvC or whatever else, I hope he shows up eventually alongside the other MM characters.
    • Regina
      • 220px-Regina_%28Dino_Crisis%29.png
      • This one's for you, Jawmuncher. Dino Crisis, like Breath of Fire, is a dormant IP that could be great to have represented in the context of a Versus game. Not to mention the potential dinosaur summons that Regina could have if they want to go the MvC2 Jill approach with her. It'd be cool to have her on the roster overall.

Last edited:

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Any characters from unrepresented Capcom IPs please

Breath of Fire, Dragon's Dogma, Sengoku Basara, Power Stone, etc

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Would Miles play much different than Peter, if yes thats my mahvel pick

For Capcom probably Nero

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Kamala Khan
Phyla Rhea
Miles Morales
Harpy
Beta Ray Bill
__
Lady
Layer
Samanosuke
V
Scrooge McDuck

Honestly, Capcom's new IP's have been so few and far between that I'd rather just have more characters from older games return than them mine new ones.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Magik / Captain Commando
Ms Marvel/ Jin Saotome
Kate Pryde & Lockheed/ Amingo
Moon Knight/ Asura
Cyclops/ Lady

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
So here me out on this one dumb idea I just had, so what if they put in Evelyn from RE7 but because we obviously dont want to beat up a little girl, what if she were a sort of reverse "stand" user ala JoJo except she's the "stand" and jack/the Bakers would be who you're actually playing as, so you're basically using the Bakers moves and maybe conjuring molded adds and stuff like Jill from mvc2 but you've got a little ghostly Evelyn floating behind them kinda barking out orders.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Monster Hunter is more than big enough to justify another character. And with the actual monsters being too big, I'll throw Felyne into the lot alongside the Hunter's return.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
Nero from DMC
Gene from God Hand

Those are really the only two that are somewhat realistic at this point. I mostly just want returning characters, especially those that didn't make MvC3 or Infinite (Juggernaut, Gambit, Jin, Captain Commando)

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Monster Hunter is more than big enough to justify another character. And with the actual monsters being too big, I'll throw Felyne into the lot alongside the Hunter's return.
Monster Hunter in MvC:I only used 3 weapons, right? Maybe they could make another hunter using 3 different weapons. Not sure how to differentiate the two...

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In general, we need more black characters. MvC2 only had 2 (Storm & War Machine), while MvC3/UMvC3 (Storm) & MvCI (Black Panther) only had 1 each. Though funny enough, UMvC3 almost got Miles.

Monster Hunter in MvC:I only used 3 weapons, right? Maybe they could make another hunter using 3 different weapons. Not sure how to differentiate the two...
I guess you could do a second Hunter, or you could just go with Felyne alongside MvCI's Hunter.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take two from each side

Ms Marvel
latest

Let me just pretend this MUA3 render is like, a fighting game render.
Getting into cape comics is a daunting mission, I'm still not quite there yet, but I felt Kamala gave me a good place to start without having to deal with massive amounts of varying runs spanning numerous decades.
As a fighter, I think it kinda explains itself

Asura

latest

DrearySourJohndory-max-14mb.gif

Speaking of fighters who conceptually explain themselves, Asura deserves to live on as fighting game roster content, he's PERFECT for this
Hurts to know that these two were slated for Infinite before the game tanked.

Moon Knight
latest

I was lured in by THE LOOK
and then I found him an interesting sort, once again using an existing render and thinking "yes, that looks fighting game ready"

Simon Blackquill
2567420-simon_blackquill.png

I initially brought this up on Era a few times as a joke but then the more I thought about it, the more I loved it.
To explain this last one, as far as Ace attorney reps go, you could create a much more fitting pseudo fighting moveset out of Blackquill's weeby nature, as clever as Wright's moveset was, it was kinda awful for the type of game, lemme just passively try and collect evidence by chance in a touch of death focused game to even have a chance guys! Blackquill who alreayd has something of a grumpy streak already toys with esoteric forms of Iado swordplay via his arms, has a hawk he can lob at you (we're really Samurai shodown now) and some good ol' Cody esque chained arm striking

tumblr_msnw1xz0O51sobdp8o3_r1_500.gif

tenor.gif

Phoenix_Wright_Ace_Attorney_Dual_Destinies_05.jpg

Actually I've got one more for Capcom

BRACHYDIOS
64e.gif

Come on, a pugilist explosive slime armed monster who could lay explosive slime pools and then some, it'd be sooo good!

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Moon Knight and Daredevil for Marvel. Easy picks.

Mia and Carlos for Capcom. Gimme wacky RE Bullshit.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In any case, the number one priority is for Capcom to have more of a say. It started with 3 but you can really tell Marvel was dictating the roster and it made for pretty forgettable, generic characters that blended with one another. I want funky choices that make each character look unique and different, not shit like Iron Fist where hes basically just Fei Long

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
In any case, the number one priority is for Capcom to have more of a say. It started with 3 but you can really tell Marvel was dictating the roster and it made for pretty forgettable, generic characters that blended with one another. I want funky choices that make each character look unique and different, not shit like Iron Fist where hes basically just Fei Long

It mostly worked out for MvC3 though considering Marvel was behind interesting picks like MODOK, Rocket Raccoon, Dormammu, etc. Modern Marvel though is just gonna want boring movie tie-in shit unfortunately.