• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
In case they actually do start from scratch

Ryu
Ken
Chun
Cammy
Guile
Sagat
Balrog
Juri
C.Viper
Ibuki
Makoto
Laura
Rashid
Menat
Ed
Vega/Honda/Blanka not really sure who I could see here
Male newcomer
Male newcomer
Female newcomer

Bison is dead but will come back as dlc, Akuma is dlc because 2 shotos are enough for the base roster

They would get so much shit for doing it. They don't have the goodwill right now in the eyes of many. SFV killed alot of peoples mothers and ran over their dogs.

You really think another small launch roster would go over better than a 25-30 character roster with greatly improved and updated SF5 assets and all the other visual improvements next gen can bring.

Oct 27, 2017
Old man Ryu
Old lady Chun
Mike Haggar
Carlos
Poison
Q
Twelve
Necro
Oro
Hugo
Dudley
Sean
Rose
Kolin
Maki
Damnd
Remy
Ibuki
Akuma
Sagat
Overhauled more stylish Falke and Ed
Lucia
G
Urien
Jessica Haggar
Guy
Cody
Belger with wheelchair
Makoto
C Viper
Juri
Hakan
Necalli

And more new and Final Fight characters in general. Especially more dark skinned characters.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I think the popular characters that didn't make it into V will be in the launch roster.

Namely

Makoto
Guy
Dudley
Rose
Viper

The rest will be a combination of Classics ( The usual SF2 gang ) and Newcomers.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
People should accept that the first release of a fighting that isn't re-using assets is never going to have a huge roster.

Yea we all saw how great SFV launch went.
I am sure Capcom would love to repeat the same thing.

Once again: that's almost every new fighting game that doesn't reuse assets.

The new Killer instinct started with 8, Guilty Gear Xrd 13 etc.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
SFVI has a lot to live up to. SFV, while not by any means a bad game, definitely did more damage to the brand than good. The biggest selling point to any fighting game is the roster/characters. Nothing pulls in people more than being able to play as the character they like. So SFVI not only has to have a roster that will help guarantee it to be a success but that roster must also please longtime fans of the series. How does it go about this? Who would you choose for the starting roster? How many newcomers would you want?
Gimmie a number and i'll spit you out a roster

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
20's probably the ceiling, with 16 being the floor.

I'd say 24 is the max. However they will go lower if they are planning on adding very expansive SP modes due to the backlash of SFV.

Either way I really don't think we will get 16 again , unless we are getting some super realistic looking RE Engine game.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Maybe they could have 16 characters at launch and have the first season pass be free for early adopters. That's basically how SFV worked out for me with how generous FM gains were initially.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
22 seems reasonable to me because that's SF5's base roster and first season of DLC combined which is what SF5 should have launched with. If they learnt their lesson I can see them at least doing 20.

This is their brother.

What a nerd. Laura is described as the heir of the family style, since Sean sold his peoples out to train with Ken, so we don't need this chump. Also his name is Fabio. Go read a fucking book, Fabio.

Yeah lol I was pretty disappointed when they revealed his design. I wouldn't mind him showing up in like a character story or something but keep him the fuck away from ever being playable.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
1) Ryu (Beard)
2) Chun Li
3) Sean (Grown Up)
4) Ibuki
5) Sakura (Intensive Training)
6) Sagat (Give him a beard too, idk)
7) C Viper
8) Abel (redesign)
9) Rose (maybe her powers are out of whack with Bison gone)
10) Rashid
11) Ed (redesign)
12) Remy (spice up the move set)
13) Hugo
14) Haggar (running for pres)
15) G/Q/Equivalent
16) Newcomer Hero
17) Newcomer Boss
18) Newcomer Mystery

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I'm also going on the record to say that the first season of DLC on my roster would just be a series of other Capcom characters to tie into the street fighter universe a la Final Fight. Do i care if these characters actually fit into Street Fighter? Absolutely not.

Season 1
Akira - Rival Schools - Japan
Momotaro - Pirate Ship Higemaru - Norway
Biff Slamkovich - Saturday Night Slam Masters - Russia
Rouge - Power Stone - Iraq
Vanessa Z. Schneider - PN03 - Outer Space
Gene - God Hand - Unknown

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately it comes down to the conclusions Capcom drew from their fighting games underperforming this gen as well as their other games doing well.

Clearly putting some money and care behind DMC5, RE2 and MHW worked out pretty well.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
You really think another small launch roster would go over better than a 25-30 character roster with greatly improved and updated SF5 assets and all the other visual improvements next gen can bring.
I rather have unique functions than clones or small differences between characters just to pad out the roster. As long as everyone plays well then it doesn't matter to me. The one thing I do like that Capcom has been doing is changing the characters up. If I want a character to play a certain way ill just go play an older entry. Change up the characters so we aren't playing the same thing for 20 years.

Oct 25, 2017
Never said there would be, my son. Not sure why comparing a console launch to a console launch wouldn't be appropriate, but I'm down to read your arbitrary reasoning for it.
Do I really have to explain to you why an extra year of development would lead to more characters?
Doesn't sound like you should be someone so patronizing.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
This is their brother.

What a nerd. Laura is described as the heir of the family style, since Sean sold his peoples out to train with Ken, so we don't need this chump. Also his name is Fabio. Go read a fucking book, Fabio.
He looks cool enough and pretty
That's cool man

Broaden your horizons

Village

Oct 25, 2017
give him a thong and tattoo BONITO on his asscheeks and he'll do great
I dunno about all that but he seems like ample opportunity to add variety to the male sfv archetypes
Even ed who shouldn't have been that got boxed into that. Hopefullythey get more varied

Also I gotta asked is that like a homophobic/ feminine guy joke? If so not cool

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I would be fine with G if he didn't just straight up replace Q. I'm not keen on his design but on his own it's fine, but essentially making another character I happen to like pointless doesn't sit well with me and I don't like G for it
Wait, are G and Q not the same character? I thought they were and something happened to G that turned him into Q.

(I know absolutely nothing of SFV's story.)

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I dunno about all that but he seems like ample opportunity to add variety to the male sfv archetypes
Even ed who shouldn't have been that got boxed into that. Hopefullythey get more varied

If it means another brother in the game, I'm down, but I think scrawny ass Sean adds more variety than buff ass Fabio with his Ryu gi and Nash glasses.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018

nah i was joking about giving him over the top fanservice as silly as laura's to balance things out
I think they'd do fine w/ whatever they wanted to do with Fabio if they decided to add him, Capcom is great at realizing character concepts and making them standout

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are G and Q not the same character? I thought they were and something happened to G that turned him into Q.

(I know absolutely nothing of SFV's story.)

In his moves and costumes its highly implied to the point of being of obvious but his story mentions absolutely nothing and we still don't know wtf is exactly going on with G and Q.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just want Abigail to return. Most fun character in SFV to me. Not only is his moveset great but I also love all his little animation flourishes. He has soo much personality. Doesn't deserve even half the hate he gets.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just want Abigail to return. Most fun character in SFV to me. Not only is his moveset great but I also love all his little animation flourishes. He has soo much personality. Doesn't deserve even half the hate he gets.
4217.jpg

Hint for the Joke: Xander Mobus
But seriously, Abigail isn't that bad. I wouldn't want him in the base roster, but I'd be okay with Abigail showing up later down the road as DLC.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
All Rounder light (Sean)
All Rounder (Ryu)
All Rounder heavy (Urien)
Rushdown light (Ed)
Rushdown (Rashid)
Rushdown heavy (G/Q)
Grappler light (R. Mika)
Grappler (Alex)
Grappler heavy (Zangief)
Technician light (Ibuki)
Technician (Chun-Li)
Technician heavy (Oro)
Zoner light (Menat)
Zoner (Guile)
Zoner heavy (Necro)
Meter Maid light (Juri)
Meter Maid (Hakan)
Meter Maid heavy (Birdie)

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Counter offer, its one of the other ladies in her division and she's DLC

Nah, those other are jobbers, she deserves a main spot.
the rest can be DLC...or just make Womens league Saturday Night Slam Masters

Sure, as long as they ditch Healing or balance it properly. I'm still mentally scarred from USFIV.

If they tone down the sexualization of her design, Rainbow Mika can come back.

R Mika actually has the more tame of alternate outfits for the female cast

001.png
001.png
006.png
002.png
107.png

It's her default that's super trashy.

Make her battle outfit the default and it's already damn good.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of individual characters my main priorities are Sean, Necro and Abel. I'm bummed none of these got in 5.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nah, those other are jobbers, she deserves a main spot.
the rest can be DLC...or just make Womens league Saturday Night Slam Masters

R Mika actually has the more tame of alternate outfits for the female cast

001.png
001.png
006.png
002.png
107.png

It's her default that's super trashy.

Make her battle outfit the default and it's already damn good.
I was referring to the default. I actually do agree with you in that Mika has some pretty solid alts (though the track suit is consistently tame for everyone, not just Mika, which I also appreciate). With that said, her Holiday alt has a considerable bit of cleavage (albeit not as bad as the default, with the same being said of the Story costume's underboob).