• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Good alternative name for Xbox Series X?

• Xbox Infinity

Votes: 97 33.6%
  • Xbox Aeon

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Xbox Scarlett

Votes: 66 22.8%
  • Xbox Grail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox Nova

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Sexbox: The Box

Votes: 109 37.7%

• Total voters

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty much all those options suck. I don't get the infatuation with Xbox Infinity. Where do you go after that?

I think they'll be fine. It sounds premium, it looks premium.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Really wish they would've just went with Xbox Two, but I guess the name is to get rid of the idea of "gens". You can just tell they're going for a apple iphone approach with the naming here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox 5 (1. Xbox, 2. Xbox 360, 3.Xbox One, 4. Xbox One X), so it appears to be on the same iterative level as the PS5 and then they just go forward with numbered consoles. All consoles having the same name and just adding the number probably helps to steadily build up the entire series of consoles as one big brand. At least it worked well to make the Playstation such a big brand. It's also way less confusing for potential buyers that are not already regular/hardcore gamers.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Series 2
Then you could have:
Xbox Series 2S and Xbox Series 2X

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Infinity Or Xbox Infinite.

And launch with Halo Infinity or Halo Infinite. Launching their flagship game with a name partly mirroring the console name would be a smart move.

Escaflow

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Xbox 4k . Simple , meaningful and bigger number than even [3]60 . Until it's struggling to run 4k games XD

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
infinity is the only ok one and it carries the obvious problem of "then what will they call the sequel to infinity?".

the rest are just actually cringy. not "lol it sounds like the one x" or "haha they used x again" cringy, but literally just pretentious and "xxtreeme" sounding.

I would far rather a name that sounds like a luxury golf club line than a graphics card line.

so i voted sexbox because that's the only non-official name i will accept as real.

Also the 720 always sucked and stops making sense unless you already know about the previous one. stop suggesting it.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This is like the same 20 other threads we got before yesterday with "how do you think the new xbox is called?" lol

Gpur

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Nothing, is ok. Xbox series X for the top range Xbox, then Xbox series D for the only Digital version, then Xbox series E for the entry level.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Based on the way they represented it standing, I'd have called it the XBox Monolith.

Out of the survey though, Scarlett is fine

Azurik

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Xbox 4k . Simple , meaningful and bigger number than even [3]60 . Until it's struggling to run 4k games XD
With both next gen consoles supporting 8k (even though probably only video and graphic lite indie games), calling it 4K would be pointless?

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd take anything because I'm already so done with the corny ass SEX, LOLZ jokes here on Era alone and it's only been like two days

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing, is ok. Xbox series X for the top range Xbox, then Xbox series D for the only Digital version, then Xbox series E for the entry level.

Exactly

Phil really meant that the name would describe it's purpose

People are too hung up on the Series name when all it is is a descriptor

It would do no good for marketing or branding, but a more accurate way to portray the name would be Xbox Series: X and then Xbox: Series E

And in the future, they can possibly go Xbox Series: XS and Xbox Series: ES

Or whatever

They kinda solved the routinely discussion around their naming scheme that happens whenever they unveil hardware

This can be their PlayStation 1-5

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The funny thing is the more threads there are complaining about the name, the more people think about and memorize "Xbox Series X". Like, everyone on the internet now knows what the new Xbox is called, even if they think it's dumb

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Love the name.

It's funny to me the absolute giant leap so many took this gen to act like XBone was just the natural abbreviation of Xbox One, when any other gen it would've been XBO or XB1

Now those people can't seem to deal with SeX lol

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox 5 (XB5)

If there are different versions, call them XB5 and XB5 Pro. Compares well with PS5.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
X-Box X The Sexiest X That Has Ever X'ed.

Seriously though any of those would have been better. Series X is terrible.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Just get some consistency. If you're doing Xbox Series X, make the next one Xbox Series Y or something.