• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

what platform do you plan on playing it

• Xbox One

Votes: 67 5.8%
  • Xbox One X

Votes: 112 9.8%
  • Xbox Series S/Lockhart all digitial

Votes: 17 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 283 24.7%
  • PC

Votes: 603 52.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 58 5.1%
  • XCloud

Votes: 7 0.6%

• Total voters

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Most likely pc. My only Xbox that can play it is an OG Xbox one, don't plan on getting a series x anytime soon.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I'll be getting it on PC. I was worried about being able to run it on my gaming laptop but uh....looking at the gameplay I think I'll probably be fine.

Oct 31, 2017
Right now, I'm thinking I'm just going to keep my Xbox One X and play Halo Infinite on there instead of going for a Series X at launch.

I want to see a comparison of the game running on the two boxes. Since I have to imagine 60 fps is the target for all platforms they are releasing it on, and that both the Series X and One X are claimed to be running "up to 4K", just how much is different? Does the Series X make that big of a difference? Is it just how much the resolution varies?

Will the Series X utilize ray tracing at a good level to where it makes playing on the One X look like a huge downgrade in comparison? If so, then why didn't they highlight that kind of stuff today?

Definitely a head scratcher regarding how they chose to premier this game to the world.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luckily just got a new PC so it will be PC.

Ill also have it downloaded on my Xbox One X but it would be rough going back and forth

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
PC. Been playing MCC all week on my ultrawide @ 144Hz and wouldn't want to go back.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
On PC through Game Pass, probably. I'm not really a Halo fan, but I have Game Pass well through 2021 so it's there waiting for me and I might as well give it a go.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Series X. I have a PC, but I just like owning hardware. If they announce cross play for day 1 I might hold off. The people I know irl are tied to Xbox systems.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
PC just because I prefer playing at my desk with KBM, but I do plan on getting a Series X for when I'm on the couch

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
tvFxujd.gif

game pass

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima PerĂş
idk, maybe lockhart. If something, today's show didn't give me enough confidence to buy a expensive console. Maybe I will upgrade when there's something good to look at.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theres like 0 reason to get a XSX if you got a decent PC imo. Which I do. Halo: Infinite actually looks pretty dope to me, I'm cautiously excited to see more. I'm a little miffed at RTX support coming later down the line though.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
PC. The only thing left from consoles I need Microsoft to bring over is the Xbox UI so I can boot into that instead of my desktop.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
PC.

No need for me to buy an Xbox if I can pick it up on PC. I don't need to bother buying into the Gamepass and have another monthly sub (I really have too many subs) because it's being released on Steam.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Out of curiosity for those who want to play on PC. Why Steam over Gamepass?

Personally, I don't want to pay a monthly subscription to play my games. Time is limited for me these days and I've very selective with what games I play. Paying a monthly sub for a few games just doesn't make sense for me. I'd rather buy what I want outright and play when I want.