• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Topics.

• Alive and go hiding somewhere.

Votes: 53 41.1%
  • Dead.

Votes: 76 58.9%

• Total voters

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I want Cal to turn to the darkside, potentially becoming an Inquisitor which will lead to his death by the hands of the Grand Inquisitor or one of the other Jedi that still live. He's not that strong in the force.

I'm bored with all these new characters always ending up helping the Rebels though. Iden was such a let down.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
He will go wherever the sales of this game go. Multi-million seller, he lives. Bomba, he dies.

Cal's life literally depends on EA's stock value

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
They either endup in hiding, or dead or written out in certain ways (Ezra in Rebels ended up presumably in the unknown regions, so that was a good excuse to write him out of the original trilogy time period) and by the time Obi-Wan was gone Luke was presumably The Last Jedi in the galaxy (excluding Yoda) for a long time.

The game being set in the early days of the Empire means Cal might not get get killed though.
I want Cal to turn to the darkside, potentially becoming an Inquisitor which will lead to his death by the hands of the Grand Inquisitor or one of the other Jedi that still live. He's not that strong in the force.

I'm bored with all these new characters always ending up helping the Rebels though. Iden was such a let down.
They said his character wont be a retread of Kanan from Rebels arc (another Jedi that survived order 66 and joined the rebellion) at least and that he'll have his own story, so that's a bit of a relief to me. Gives me hope that they're gonna go for something different with Cals story even if he does have some run-ins with folks like Saw.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Will end up dead at the end of the game after he helps some random rebel get information or documents about the Death Star, like every character introduced between Episode 3 and 4.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017

See my post above. My theory is that he is actually Snoke.

Edit: Oops sorry double post

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Respawn said there are no choices to switch allegiance as Cal's story has to bet set so he can appear in other mediums. He'll live on and appear in comics or something.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I'm going with dead, seems the most likely.
That's kind of the problem when they keep making material set between III and IV, you're working yourself into a corner when you're using Jedi characters.

Although you could argue that Cal is not a real Jedi, similar to Kanan and Ezra in Rebels.

Of course, Kanan did in fact die and Ezra is MIA.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
The cover of the game has some symbols arranged in a ring on it that kind of put me in mind of some similar rings from Rebels:

txwGoIP.jpg

(it's not identical tho, so this could be completely off-base)

So I think...

Cal's gonna end up time travelling to either the future - probably a few years post ROTJ - or the distant past, and staying there either way.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Respawn made it very clear in interviews that Cal's story is a self contained, complete entity. Reading between the lines, that sounds an awful lot like he ends up dying at the end of the game.

The question is how, and what does Cal contribute to the universe. We know he isn't responsible for the formation of the rebel alliance, that was covered in Rebels, so they aren't going to go with The Force Unleashed's "Jedi sacrifices himself to kickstart the rebellion" ending. We also know he can't end up successful in his mission to restart the Jedi order.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
The cover of the game has some symbols arranged in a ring on it that kind of put me in mind of some similar rings from Rebels:

txwGoIP.jpg

(it's not identical tho, so this could be completely off-base)

So I think...

Cal's gonna end up time travelling to either the future - probably a few years post ROTJ - or the distant past, and staying there either way.

There is rumours that Rebels doing that was a part in setting up a certain plot device for Rise of Skywalker.

It's known that Rey and Kylo Ren are going to have a fight that causes them to flash through different environments and possibly eras from the previous movies.

So it would make sense if Fallen Order also taps into the same plot device to make it even more widely known.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Darth Vader is gonna be the final boss and kill him in a cutscene after their fight

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
This is the sort of problem you end up with when everything has to be canon.
Personally I think it was a bad decision that absolutely everything Star Wars has to be part of canon now.
I enjoyed it a lot more when Jedi Fallen Order could just be a Star Wars story about some Jedi on a adventure that didn't have to fit with everything else.
It just become so incredibly convoluted and weird when you have so many stories with known and unknown characters of very varying quality.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
really tired of that place in the timeline, but i'll see where it goes. hopefully ep IX will free up the canon again (you can still have your jedi and stormtroopers without jumping through a bunch of narrative hoops)

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I remember watching through Clone Wars and thinking, "Wow it's going to be a big deal when they inevitably kill Ahsoka at the end of this," but apparently having all the Jedi dead by the time A New Hope rolls around isn't as hard a rule as I anticipated.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Mortally injured in final boss fight, organs stuck in a Grievous suit and he gets sent to the Unknown Regions by the Emperor, obviously