• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would be the biggest blows in 2021?

• No BOTW2 till 2022

Votes: 44 37.3%
  • No Switch Upgrade till earliest 2023

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • No Metroid Prime 4 news in 2021

Votes: 35 29.7%
  • CONFIRMED : Pikmin 4 CANCELLED.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • No major Nintendo first party games, remasters or collections except BOTW2 in holiday 2021

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • No Bayonetta 3 until 2022

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • CONTROL is a commercial failure so No Impossible Next Gen Ports next Gen ports

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I think its unlikely BOTW 2 comes out this year. Game doesn't even have a name yet.

I imagine there'll be a big blowout at E3 (or whatever online equivalent) ready for a spring 2022 release.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
for some people like OP probably that they will not be doomed enough.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
weird premise for a thread...
i guess "pro" not being as big of an upgrade as some expect and disappointing the people who have built up their expectations for 2 or 3 years.

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
TLOZ's 35th anniversary collection will be that same bundle they released on Gamecube (with the addition of song lists). Mark my words.

OP
OP
Maverick14

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
The weekly 'Screw you Nintendo' threads for the year begin in earnest.

This is not a screw you Nintendo thread..its legitimately asking a pertinent question. I could have asked it in a positive way I grant you but we're still not back to normal and this feels like a better way to keep spirits in check...

Why do people get all sensitive and triggered when things they love that are not personally connected to them are subject to critique or scrutiny?

Why not just reply with something positive about it or a counterargument instead of taking it like a personal insult?

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
What will be the biggest disappointment in 2021:

1. Hyperbolic Resetera threads?

2. Poorly researched Resetera threads?

3. Pre-emptive negative Resetera threads?

I honestly think BOTW2 is coming in 2021, along with Prime 4 news, the release of Bayo 3, and some sort of Switch revision by the end of FY21. And I'm not sure what bearing a Cloud version of Control is supposed to have on native ports. This thread honestly feels very low effort to me.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Switch doing verywell will be the biggest disappointment for some in 2021. :P

Joking aside, for me, no Switch Pro or revision would be it. BOTW2 and almost all the other releases would greatly benefit from new hardware.

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
A thread purely about hypothetical negativity that has not even and maybe will never happen. Ya'll want to be miserable the first day of a new year?

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Out of all of those options Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 continuing to be absent seems likeliest to me. There's enough in the pipeline that 2021 should be a better year in terms of new software from them. And looking at the support coming from indies and third parties, 2021 is already looking good for Switch outside Nintendo's offerings.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Would Prime 4 being absent this year even be a disappointment? Nobody should be expecting it.

Anyway, the biggest Nintendo-related disappointment from 2021 is that this site already has a Nintendoomed thread on January 1st.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017

This is not a screw you Nintendo thread..its legitimately asking a pertinent question. I could have asked it in a positive way I grant you but we're still not back to normal and this feels like a better way to keep spirits in check...

Why do people get all sensitive and triggered when things they love that are not personally connected to them are subject to critique or scrutiny?

Why not just reply with something positive about it or a counterargument instead of taking it like a personal insult?

I think you're missing the point. There is no critique or scrutiny in your post. It's literally a "What's the worst that could happen? Pick one of five unlikely options." A little more effort would have gone a long way. Also, if this is your way of coping with disappointment... find healthier ways to cope?

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
The only thing I expect from them at this point is Breath of the Wild 2, so a delay to 2022 would be super disappointing.

I'd like to be surprised with something else though, but at this point I'd just like to have Windwaker HD or Metroid Trilogy on Switch, which is something I expected for the first year of the console, and have given up hope for.

OP
OP
Maverick14

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
What will be the biggest disappointment in 2021:

1. Hyperbolic Resetera threads?

2. Poorly researched Resetera threads?

3. Pre-emptive negative Resetera threads?

I honestly think BOTW2 is coming in 2021, along with Prime 4 news, the release of Bayo 3, and some sort of Switch revision by the end of FY21. And I'm not sure what bearing a Cloud version of Control is supposed to have on native ports. This thread honestly feels very low effort to me.

Maybe you need your sources of nurture to be a bit less focused on Resetera? : )

I was under the impression that the only way we would get ports of PS5 and XSX triple AAA games would be with a Control-like cloud solution or a Switch upgrade...but that is besides the point.. which is: how do people feel about impossible ports drying up vis other things? But you knew that already.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe you need your sources of nurture to be a bit less focused on Resetera? : )

I was under the impression that the only way we would get ports of PS5 and XSX triple AAA games would be with a Control-like cloud solution or a Switch upgrade...but that is besides the point.. which is: how do people feel about impossible ports drying up vis other things? But you knew that already.

Half the reason I don't post here more often is because you have to wade through a sea of rubbish to find productive discussion. I'd imagine a lot of people that want mature, reasoned, high quality discussion of games feel that way.

On the subject of Control, your poll literally says "CONTROL is a commercial failure so No Impossible Next Gen Ports next Gen ports".

I fail to see what the commercial failure of a Cloud version of a game on a platform not known for Cloud games would have on native ports of other games. If you meant something else, you could have communicated it more clearly. That's the point people are trying to make--that maybe you should have gone through your thread content a few more times before hitting Post. A good OP goes a long way toward generating good discussions.

OP
OP
Maverick14

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
I think you're missing the point. There is no critique or scrutiny in your post. It's literally a "What's the worst that could happen? Pick one of five unlikely options." A little more effort would have gone a long way. Also, if this is your way of coping with disappointment... find healthier ways to cope?

No I don't think i am the one missing the point but let's agree to disagree.

I am keen to find out what a range of different people think on this subject and will stop posting to read with interest. Assume your disgust will drive you off into the sunset any minute now so see ya!

OP
OP
Maverick14

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
Half the reason I don't post here more often is because you have to wade through a sea of rubbish to find productive discussion. I'd imagine a lot of people that want mature, reasoned, high quality discussion of games feel that way.

On the subject of Control, your poll literally says "CONTROL is a commercial failure so No Impossible Next Gen Ports next Gen ports".

I fail to see what the commercial failure of a Cloud version of a game on a platform not known for Cloud games would have on native ports of other games. If you meant something else, you could have communicated it more clearly. That's the point people are trying to make--that maybe you should have gone through your thread content a few more times before hitting Post. A good OP goes a long way toward generating good discussions.
I tried to edit the poll when i saw the typo...didn't realise you couldn't once posted..my bad but will update the Op. Thanks for constructive feedback.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A vocal contingent of Nintendo fans continuing to defend every decision Nintendo makes no matter how obviously scummy it is.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
None of those choices. It's the inaction over the continung joycon saga, by a mile.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Please see announcements/guide to era on thread creation guidelines

Show Some Effort

Being the Original Poster (OP) of a thread means that it's up to you to provide the foundation for good discussion. When you create a thread, you should include more than just one or two short sentences; make sure that there is enough substance to sustain an interesting conversation. Write as clearly and articulately as possible. Consider whether you're presenting the subject in a way that will generate good discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.