• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Getting some obvious ones out of the way at first.

Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter and Palpatine's child was actually a great person who sold Rey to slavers to protect her, it really doesn't make sense, yes

Reapers are synthetics who wipe out organics to prevent synthetics from wiping out organics

The movie takes place in a modded fishing game and is about a child fantasizing about killing his step-father and then eventually doing so and then kind of meeting his coded in dad in the modded video game.

Robert Pattinson dies in 9/11

Dan was Gossip Girl

What can claim the title of the worst twist of the decade.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
The Uruguayan 2010 horror film The Silent House, and its English-Language remake.
Starts off as an incredibly creepy and effective haunted house film due to looking like it was shot in one single take, which has the effect of making the viewer feel like you're trapped along with the protagonist, but then gets completely undercut by a nonsense twist that everything was in the heroine's head while dealing with her sexual abuse.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Democracy in the UK and US giving rise to the far right and leading both countries to become an international laughing stock...

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The destabilization of Western Democracy, which has led to stuff like Trump and Brexit, as well as a huge rise in voter support for the far right. I wasn't expecting this to happen until climate migration reared its ugly head, now god knows what will happen when it does.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Trump and Brexit caused me to question many of my fundamental beliefs and doubt many things about humanity. The last three to four years have been awful, and I'm not even living in the US or UK. If I did, I don't know how I'd have reacted.

Saray

Nov 26, 2018
Reapers don't destroy organics, they "ascend" them to reaper form.
The ending was awful, but not because of that twist. It was awful because Synthesis and Control didn't make any fucking sense. Thankfully there are a couple mods that fix that.

Oct 27, 2017
Getting some obvious ones out of the way at first.

Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter and Palpatine's child was actually a great person who sold Rey to slavers to protect her, it really doesn't make sense, yes

Reapers are synthetics who wipe out organics to prevent synthetics from wiping out organics

The movie takes place in a modded fishing game and is about a child fantasizing about killing his step-father and then eventually doing so and then kind of meeting his coded in dad in the modded video game.

Robert Pattinson dies in 9/11

Dan was Gossip Girl

What can claim the title of the worst twist of the decade.
Donald Trump

Oct 25, 2017
Liberals continuing to be surprised by victories for Trump, Brexit, the Tories etc.

You'd think they'd stop pretending the world isn't full of horrible racists at some point.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
- the MCU not including their best character in their biggest films (Luis)

- turns out everybody's dad/uncle/whatever is actually a racist pos and votes for trumps dumbass

-

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Glass. Fuck that movie.

Also the racist, alt-right neo-nazis coming back and coming back strong enough to get human garbage bags elected into high offices. Fuck 'em

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Now you see me makes no fucking sense and requires a lot of contrivance and some actual magic from the characters to work

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Mueller report ending.

Yeah that was pretty bad. Also didn't help that the media and liberals (including us, to be honest) hyped up this "the walls are closing in on Trump/Mueller is a Terminator of justice and toppler of mob bosses" narrative.

Then, after two years of buildup, we learn that Mueller is a tepid, nondescript G-man who couldn't have made it more obvious that he didn't want to be there.

His grand conclusion: 🤷‍♂️

crowphoenix

Oct 27, 2017
They did, but it was sort of treated as an afterthought that was not entirely relevant to the point of the show. It proceeded to undercut the point of the last couple seasons by
having the mother die of cancer, breaking Barney and Robin up, and having Ted and Robin end up together.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
They did, but it was sort of treated as an afterthought that was not entirely relevant to the point of the show. It proceeded to undercut the point of the last couple seasons by
having the mother die of cancer, breaking Barney and Robin up, and having Ted and Robin end up together.

My wife was so mad at the ending, that she vowed to never watch the series again and it was one of her favorite shows. It's only just recently that she'll rewatch select episodes.

Also, we now call the show
How I Met Your Step-Mother.

I still think Ted should have ended up with Cupcake Girl (Ashley Williams) as she was the romantic interest that he had the best chemistry with.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quinn being an alcoholic on Dexter.

A presidential candidate ordering the media to signal boost their opponent, only to have their opponent win.

Obama always trying to impress his white friends.