• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
636530247805614923-MJS-packers07--spt--sieu--1Packers-packers07.jpg

Every other "favorite" moment has been schadenfreude

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
Basically, anything Simone Biles does.

Sloan Stephens when she found out how much her check was going to be after winning the US Open.

The Spurs dismantling LeBron's super team

No horse winning the Triple Crown since 1978 until American Pharaoh and Justify in 2015 and 2018, respectively

Oct 25, 2017
Gold medal in the face!

The day after the Raptors championship......the music further into the video and the rant about the dark days of the Raptors still makes me crack up

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
In terms of historic importance...I really don't think anything can beat the Cubs. A century of failure finally redeemed in the record books.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Probably Brazil getting murdered by Germany in their home turf on the biggest stage.
It'll be far more we'll known around the world than most of the American only sports, as everyone keeps saying 28-3 and I've no idea what that means.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Clj-XRnXIAAIfe4.0.jpg

Not just the Cavs winning the first title in Cleveland in 52 years in the most impossible fashion possible, but the parade that should've taken an hour or two to complete took 6+ hours because the police and city crew forgot to put up the barriers on the sidewalks to keep the crowd away. That lead to cars and trucks with the players, coaches, and other people from the team moving very slowly through the crowds and turned a quick parade through a few blocks into an all-day celebration of the greatest NBA title of all time.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This. Linsanity is simply amazing.

An end of the bench guy scoring that much, making those plays, winning those games. It wasn't gradual improvement he just exploded.

There's nothing else I can think of that happened that suddenly.

you didn't even have to be a basketball fan to be amazed by it. Shit, I hate the Knicks, but I loved Linsanity. You couldn't script a better movie.

Oct 25, 2017
[
Clj-XRnXIAAIfe4.0.jpg

Not just the Cavs winning the first title in Cleveland in 52 years in the most impossible fashion possible, but the parade that should've taken an hour or two to complete took 6+ hours because the police and city crew forgot to put up the barriers on the sidewalks to keep the crowd away. That lead to cars and trucks with the players, coaches, and other people from the team moving very slowly through the crowds and turned a quick parade through a few blocks into an all-day celebration of the greatest NBA title of all time.

Same thing happened at the Raptors parade =/

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Golden State Warriors 5 year run. so many legendary moments.

hi-res-79dbf4cace275779d4488b9239aee8af_crop_north.jpg

3 championships
Ending the 40 year warriors drought
Unanimous MVP Steph Curry
Klay scoring 37 points in 1 quarter
73-9 regular season record
16-1 playoff record

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the pre-durant warriors were amazing to watch

73 wins and the steph curry supernova was absolutely fucked

then the snake had to ruin it

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Celtic winning an unprecedented Treble Treble in the Scottish Cup Final last year.

The whole of London 2012 was amazing as a Brit but Mo Farah winning the 5000m stands out in particular.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
I'd say the first 16 seed to beat a number 1 seed in 140 tries is more historic.

2nd time that happened, if we want to get pedantic. And the NCAA tournament really only came to prominence in the late 70s/early 80s. A century of failure! Think about how many people were still ALIVE in the US who could have seen the last Cubs World Series victory before 2016. There are less than 100 people alive today who were around back then.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2nd time that happened, if we want to get pedantic. And the NCAA tournament really only came to prominence in the late 70s/early 80s. A century of failure! Think about how many people were still ALIVE in the US who could have seen the last Cubs World Series victory before 2016. There are less than 100 people alive today who were around back then.

There was never anyone who had ever lived who had seen a 16 seed beat a 1 seed in the NCAA men's tournament prior to 2018. You are comparing a single team's failure, to the historical failures of hundreds of teams across the entire sport. It's undeniable that the 16 seed beating the 1 seed in Men's basketball was more historic, given what it means to the entire sport, and not just one team.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There was never anyone who had ever lived who had seen a 16 seed beat a 1 seed in the NCAA men's tournament prior to 2018. You are comparing a single team's failure, to the historical failures of hundreds of teams across the entire sport. It's undeniable that the 16 seed beating the 1 seed in Men's basketball was more historic, given what it means to the entire sport, and not just one team.
Not even close. Hell, there have been upsets this year in college basketball that are just as impressive, if not more so, then the 16 seed beating the 1 seed. There is no historical failure of hundreds of teams if none are expected to win. You cant fail if you're not expected to succeed. Unlike the single team who literally had dozens of legitimate chances to change their history and they failed spectacularly.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Personally, it's this. And it's not even remotely close. I lost my dad in 2008, and couldn't go back to watch my football club after he passed as it was just too painful. Then, almost 9 years to the day, I went back to watch my team, languishing in the non-league, take on a team 3 divisions higher in the FA Cup. And in the dying moments, this happened. i still get goosebumps. This led to us going on a run for the history books, becoming the first non-league club in over 100 years to get to the quarter finals of the competition, 2 promotions and another trophy in 3 years, and led to the manager being poached by a club in a higher league, sadly. This moment put football back in my heart.