• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Can I make a prediction and say Judgement? I really like the game but your average player isn't going to take the risk on a game called Judgement with a confused guy on the cover. Where was the marketing team on this?

I assume we're talking about sales, right?

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm curious if Microsoft even sees Crackdown as a bomb. They outsourced it to a third party studio, and will be able to use it to push Game Pass subscriptions for the rest of this gen - it's entirely possible that they see it as a decent ROI, even if the development was a complete mess.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
I'm curious if Microsoft even sees Crackdown as a bomb. They outsourced it to a third party studio, and will be able to use it to push Game Pass subscriptions for the rest of this gen - it's entirely possible that they see it as a decent ROI, even if the development was a complete mess.
Weird way of seeing this. Can't really count Game Pass revenue on Crackdown's balance

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anthem and Crackdown 3 are definitely the big ones.

Left Alive looks like it was made on a shoestring budget and still didn't make its money back.

Yokai Watch 4 looks like the most expensive entry and had a massive drop in sales. It will need a great pair of legs or be a breakout hit in the west to come close to series expectations.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft's E3.

All the spotlight was on them and they deliver worse trailers for Gears & Halo than last year and somehow they make the announcement of Project Scarlett feel anticlimactic.

Then the game of the show ends up being FFVIIR, a (likely timed) exclusive by Sony who didn't even show up.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Left Alive looks like it was made on a shoestring budget and still didn't make its money back.

Yokai Watch 4 looks like the most expensive entry and had a massive drop in sales. It will need a great pair of legs or be a breakout hit in the west to come close to series expectations.
Remember when there was buzz that Yokai Watch would surpass Pokemon in Japan at least.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Can I make a prediction and say Judgement? I really like the game but your average player isn't going to take the risk on a game called Judgement with a confused guy on the cover. Where was the marketing team on this?

I assume we're talking about sales, right?
No one expected Judgement to perform very well in the west so it's not really a bomb or flop if it doesn't. That's also why it wasn't marketed heavily. It was primarily for the Asian market and it released a long time ago there.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Days Gone was the bomb! In the good way tho like when ppl said that in the 90s

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how Rage 2 sold... Days Gone seems to have done well by most accounts. Probably not God of War or Uncharted numbers but not a bomb at all.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yokai Watch milked the series into the ground it seems, they pumped out so many titles in a short span.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
OP can you clarify "bombed"

I'm not sure if you want financial bombs or expectation for the game itself bombs.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember when there was buzz that Yokai Watch would surpass Pokemon in Japan at least.

tenor.gif

I dont think anyone expected sales anywhere close to what the series was doing on 3DS.
The IP had its time in the spotlight.

Oh definitely. But the higher budget, coupled with the messy development... those numbers are sobering in any case.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
7/10 is now considered a bomb? Really?
Unfortunately in today's environment and it being compared to Sony's other 1st party games it is a bomb (critically). Not for me though I don't invest much in reviews and like to decide for myself. The out of 10 scale is bad too imo, out of 5 or a smaller scale would be something I prefer.
Commercial success too as far as I know, I'd love to see some sales figures though.
That's why I said "critically".

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately in today's environment it is a bomb. Not for me though I don't invest much in reviews and like to decide for myself. The out of 10 scale is bad too imo, out of 5 or a smaller scale would be something I prefer.

That's why I said "critically".
I'm sure sony cares so much about 7 instead of 8 while the game is still #2 in npd.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rage 2, Anthem and Metro Exodus. Three awful games which I regret buying and beating.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I honestly forgot Left Alive was a thing before people talked about it here, and I was one the people that was hyped for it because Front Mission universe + Metal Gear Solid gameplay seemed like such a fun idea.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rage 2 was number 4 on top 10 sellers for release month. We'll have to see if it has legs but it might be too early to make it an outright bomb.

Anthem breaks this rule but Anthems budget was ridiculous in comparison

Number 4 on release month is not a good look. And it's already half price at retail stores. It's not looking good sales wise, but game seems fun.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Team Sonic Racing?

Which is one of my favourite games this year :( And I don't even like Sonic.