• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
My gf and I finished the show last night. We absolutely loved it. Really curious where next season can go.

On the Jackie Daytona episode. When the credits rolled and it said Mark Hamill my jaw dropped and then it entirely made sense but I still don't see how I didn't see it during the episode.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Just finished binging season 1 and season 2. This show is so hilariously absurd! The Jackie Daytona ep was the highlight of season 2 for me.

Count me among those who thought Jim the Vampire was Ian McShane at first. Hamill killed it though.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just catching up on season two and I think Joey Dakota is the hardest I've fucking laughed in a long LONG time.

How the hell did Matt Berry deliver those lines without losing it?

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
big lols imagining jackie daytona's rival at the bar across the street, "joey dakota."

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
johnny-dakota-20071107020515569-000.jpg

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I just finished season 1.

Pinata farmer was the hardest we've laughed at a TV show in a long time.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I finished season 2. I gotta say it wasn't nearly as good as season 1. Season 2 focused way too much on celebrity cameos instead of properly pacing the story arc. I'm a bit disappointed.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I loved the movie when it came out and just started the show today. I didn't know Matt Berry was in it! This has far exceeded my expectations so far. I'm watching the vampire council episode now, and it's so good. Nice to see Jemaine and Taika again.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the movie when it came out and just started the show today. I didn't know Matt Berry was in it! This has far exceeded my expectations so far. I'm watching the vampire council episode now, and it's so good. Nice to see Jemaine and Taika again.
In for a great ride. I have loved every episode.

Oct 26, 2017
We finished season 2 last night. I liked it more than 1, but this show still isn't as great as I feel it could be. The ideas behind episodes are generally funnier than the execution.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Going through Community S6 on Netflix, it was nice to see Matt Berry guest star in E9 as the grifting professor.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just caught up on this show and I am completely, totally in love. I don't get any complaints about it because for me it's 100% perfect. Literally every joke lands for me. It's been a long time since I've had a show that I connected with 100% and it's so wonderful. I think I'm just going to start over from the first episode and watch it all over again.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I rewatched the whole thing when my teen got into it.

The largest collection of Ocean's 12 memorabilia gets me every time.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I have watched this show through like three or four times and it hasn't even been out that long, comparatively. It's so goddamn good.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just caught up on this show and I am completely, totally in love. I don't get any complaints about it because for me it's 100% perfect. Literally every joke lands for me. It's been a long time since I've had a show that I connected with 100% and it's so wonderful. I think I'm just going to start over from the first episode and watch it all over again.
I will not fall for your tricks, Colin Robinson!

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not exaggerating that this might be the best comedy on TV at the moment. Its that good. I actually fell off season 2 for reasons unrelated to the quality of the show and recently caught back up. Fuck why did I wait so long to do that? It was so damn good. Any news on season 3?

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I love this show so much. There aren't a lot of shows anymore I'll rewatch. What a gem.

Can't wait for season 3

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Not exaggerating that this might be the best comedy on TV at the moment. Its that good. I actually fell off season 2 for reasons unrelated to the quality of the show and recently caught back up. Fuck why did I wait so long to do that? It was so damn good. Any news on season 3?

They were in the middle of filming back in February, so a late 2021 release might be possible if COVID didn't delay the production further.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017

Might be a while, I think Matt Berry has Toast of Hollywood on his agenda first.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's easily the best comedy on TV. Curb is the only other one that I think is king-but it's schedule is sporadic.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually wondering if they would touch on the pandemic at all. Its a dark show so that could make for some incredible material but not sure they'd take that route at all.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
lol this episode is perfect. I'm laughing just watching this gif and remembering the episode.
The scene where Mark Hamill (who was awesome) finally recognizes him reminded me of Wallace and Gromit. "Good grief, it's you!"

First 15 seconds here.

www.facebook.com

The Wrong Trousers: Disguise | When Monday could have gone a tad more smoothly... Catch Wallace and Gromit:The Wrong Trousers on BBC iPlayer: http://aard.mn/wrongtrousersiplayer | By Wallace and GromitFacebook

When Monday could have gone a tad more smoothly... Catch Wallace and Gromit:The Wrong Trousers on BBC iPlayer: http://aard.mn/wrongtrousersiplayer

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just watched the first 2 episodes, the setup with them taking over the council should make for some good storylines this season.

Oct 26, 2017
Based on that scene with Meg in Episode 2:
I think Guillermo is going to realize that he's gay. His attraction to vampires isn't just that he wants to be one but that he finds them physically attractive.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
i was dying with the cloak of duplication stuff with Meg and with Guillermo talking about what he does during the day while "locked up"

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching the later seasons of The Office and I was surprised to see Colin Robinson in it. Not only is it the same actor, but he's totally acting like an energy vampire even though The Office came out many years before What We Do In the Shadows.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first two episodes, Nadia throwing packaged raw chicken at Guillermo was hilarious.

The show does "look" a bit different though. Like the cameras or lenses are different, and the overall lighting is designed differently.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know...I think I might drop this. The first season was pretty good but they quickly ran out of steam in S2 and the first episodes of S3 didn't do anything to inspire confidence. In fact they were quite painful for me to get through.

It's a show that's just way too in love with itself but isn't half as cute, clever, or funny as it thinks it is.

I think I prefer Wellington Paranormal at this point, even though it hasn't elicited anywhere near as many laughs as the first season of WWDitS. It just has this gentle, unassuming quality to it that I find more appealing.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the later seasons of The Office and I was surprised to see Colin Robinson in it. Not only is it the same actor, but he's totally acting like an energy vampire even though The Office came out many years before What We Do In the Shadows.

His comedy has been playing that character for years now. I feel like they wrote the Colin Robinson character with him in mind.