• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the episode where dude tried to become a citizen. The fact that he tried before cause of the dream team is one of the funniest god damned things I've ever heard.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Season finale is on tonight. The show has already been renewed for a third season.
Nouveau Theatre des Vampires

As they prepare to attend an exclusive event on the vampire social calendar, the vampires try to survive without Guillermo.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty weak season overall. Only 1 or 2 real standout episodes, far fewer laughs when compared to the first. The expanded scope didn't really work for me.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I enjoyed the finale a lot, especially seeing Guillermo go full vampire slayer again.

Nice seeing Nandor rock his Dream Team jersey with no one there to do the laundry.

The reenactment off all the vampires, with the tiny Guillermo was great.

"We don't care what the f–k your name is. We had to pick up our own laundry!"

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty weak season overall. Only 1 or 2 real standout episodes, far fewer laughs when compared to the first.

Agreed. The premise of the show always felt super limited to me, so I'm impressed they managed to get as much out of it as they have, but they really ran out of steam this season imo.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Started like a low-key episode before things escalated. Only disappointment was how abrupt it ended. Could have done with a few more minutes.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
second half of the season fell hard for me, overall its nowhere near as good as the first season, im still happy its renewed and will watch season 3, but yeah, after a strong start to S2 (in my opinion) after around ep 5 or so the quality dropped a lot. oh well :(

Oct 27, 2017
I love the show and I can't wait for more, but the season felt really uneven in terms of its pacing and plotting. In many ways it's not that dissimilar from the first season I suppose, in that there was an over arcing plot line sprinkled throughout, but this felt very stop and start.

It actually reminded me of cowboy bebop of all things, with a couple of main plot episodes and the rest are standalone adventures. Stood out more than last season.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
I loved it! Seeing Gizmo going all Blade on the vampires was amazing. It wil be a long wait, but looking forward to Season 3.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017

Before the Shadows with Jemaine, LIVE NOW!!!

Edit: Two things I've heard in the last few minutes:
At least one or two vampires survived/escaped Guillermo's rampage, and Jemaine pointed to himself.

The troll from a few episodes ago was voiced by Antonio Banderas(!)

Last edited:

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 definitely ended up being weaker than the first but I'm so glad the show exists. The finale was good but ended so abruptly that the wait for next season will be that much longer since it felt like another episode was around the corner.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was taking the piss and it was actually him that did the voice.

Yeah, he literally talks about how it's him later in that video, the Banderas thing is a joke in reference to him talking about how they've been unable to get Banderas for two seasons earlier on in that.
Definitely a fun video. I liked the one before that even more though, it has a nice meaty segment in which Guillermo and Nandor have an in-universe video call. Loved that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That finale felt a little rushed to me. Like this is where we're gonna end it?

It is kinda funny that this is the first time we've heard Guillermo's last name.

Oct 30, 2017
Just did a quick rewatch. A lot of the episodes start with something whispers to the characters while they are in the garden. Not sure if its an in joke or something

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I liked season 2 a whole lot more than 1 really. The ending was kinda weak though, but overall the season was fantastic

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Just caught up on episodes 6-10 of S2. Definitely some weak ones in the middle there, in my opinion. I didn't enjoy a lot of S2E6 or E7. Really liked the exploration of the relationship between Guillermo and Nandor in the following episodes and I also found those funnier again.

That finale though! I LOVED IT. I was shrieking laughter throughout (that clip with Guillermo polishing the sword and staring crazily into the middle distance, lmao) and seeing Guillermo go all badass on the whole fucking theatre was incredible. I wanted a little more resolution though! One the one hand, ending it with the vampires being more concerned about him not doing their fucking dry cleaning than him clearly being a masterful vampire slayer was exactly on point, but on the other hand, it simultaneously felt a bit abrupt. Like, do they just actually not give that much of a shit? lol

I'm thrilled it's getting a third season.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
A little concerned for the future of the show with Jemaine leaving the writing team

uproxx.com

Jemaine Clement Left The Writing Staff Of ’What We Do In The Shadows’

The Flight of the Conchords mainstay created the show, spun off from the movie he co-directed with Taika Waititi.
Eh, that sounds like he's confident in the other writers and wants to see what they can do without him being the driving force.

Also, he hinted he will return as one of the vampires he played per the interview above.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Started watching this over the weekend with the wife, amazing, rip-roaringly hilarious shit. The "You're like a weak ejaculation......jeff" is gonna be quoted between us for weeks to come.

Whenever Nandor speaks all I can hear is Cat Face though, which is actually makes things even funnier.

www.youtube.com

Cat Face | Cat Chup | episodes 1-10

To welcome back Cat Face to the MrWeebl channel we're compiling all his existing episodes into collections of ten. Then when we're all caught up the new epis...

Oct 25, 2017
catching up on this and nadja angrily pointing out that nandor has long black hair and a european accent and if lazlo mistook him for her too only to find out yes he did had me rolling

the witch episode might be my favorite this season

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
My girlfriend just turned stared at me when they had the section with Colin talking about Motion Smoothing

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
The Jackie Daytona bit is so good nothing else matters.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I didn't love this season nearly as much as season 1. There were still some very good bits, even a whole episode or two, but it wasn't as consistently funny and playful as season 1. We'll see if they get their mojo back in s3.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harvey Guillén is on today's episode of Hollywood Handbook

just a lil warning - it's a pretty awkward episode. Harvey doesn't seem to be on the show's level and sounds uncomfortable. He gives them absolutely nothing to work with.

been awhile since they had a guest who either didn't get the show, had no patience for it and/or was unequipped for it.