• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
I noticed that Harvey Guillen, who plays Guillermo, interviews people associated with the show before the episodes air on a channel called "Before the Shadows." The youtube channel has less then 50 subscribers, and the Twitter has less than 500 followers, so that's no fun. He needs more!
www.youtube.com

beforetheshadows

BEFORE THE SHADOWS (@b4theshadows) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from BEFORE THE SHADOWS (@b4theshadows). What We Do #BeforeTheShadows live every week before the new @theshadowsfx episode! Interviews and games with special guests, hosted by @harveyguillen! 🦇. Staten Island

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed that Harvey Guillen, who plays Guillermo, interviews people associated with the show before the episodes air on a channel called "Before the Shadows." The youtube channel has less then 50 subscribers, and the Twitter has less than 500 followers, so that's no fun. He needs more!
www.youtube.com

beforetheshadows

BEFORE THE SHADOWS (@b4theshadows) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from BEFORE THE SHADOWS (@b4theshadows). What We Do #BeforeTheShadows live every week before the new @theshadowsfx episode! Interviews and games with special guests, hosted by @harveyguillen! 🦇. Staten Island

Good looking out, subscribed!

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Harvey's going live with Mark Hamill (!) in 40 minutes:

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I would watch an entire series of Jackie Daytona from Arizonia. I have to admit it took me half the episode to realize that was Mark Hamill.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
This show isn't getting a fraction of the attention it deserves.

That whole Jackie Daytona montage killed me.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Nadja needs some more female companions or enemies. Would like to see some more female vamps. The sidestory with the vampire hunters has potential for that.

Are they doing a character-centric episode for everyone? Definitely interested in more Nandor

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Matt berry has to be like top 5 funniest comedians today. Great episode!

"I am just a regular human guy!"

Jackie Daytona

FX is killing it with comedies. What we do, Dave, Atlanta, archer

Darth Giggity

Oct 27, 2017
the part where they pulled out the cue sticks and held them light lightsabers and then they both did the "eh" and snapped them in half to make crosses fucking killed me.. LOL

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Hamill was great if not a bit underused but it left it open for him to come back. His reaction when Lazlo had the toothpick in and then took it out was hilarious

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Jackie Daytona bit had me laughing the whole time.

And I didn't even realize that was Mark freakin Hamill until I saw this thread! HOLY SHIT!

the part where they pulled out the cue sticks and held them light lightsabers and then they both did the "eh" and snapped them in half to make crosses fucking killed me.. LOL

I coulda swore I heard someone make lightsaber mouth noises during the cue-stick scene but just thought I misheard but now this makes SO MUCH SENSE.

I may have to rewatch the episode next week.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
It was, genuinely surprised by the reactions here. I like how everyone always refers to him by his whole name.
It reminds me of the bit from Toast of London where every episode Matt Berry would yell, "Yes I hear you Clem Fandango!" it gets me every time.

And yes I would also enjoy the further adventure of Jackie Daytona from Tucson, Arizonia!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Hamill was great if not a bit underused but it left it open for him to come back. His reaction when Lazlo had the toothpick in and then took it out was hilarious
It totally reminded me of the Wallace and Gromit scene with Feathers, when he takes his rubber glove hat off and it's so obviously been him the entire time, and Wallace's stunned reaction, "It's you!"

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
A friend pointed out this was like a live-action A-game Roger-centric episode of American Dad and yeah it really is.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always have to wait a day for new episodes to show up on Hulu -- it is always nice to come to this thread before that to see that the people who watched it Wednesday night really loved the new episode.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else here think it was Ian McShane as Jim? I mentioned it to my wife, she agreed and we never thought about it again. Stunned to hear it was Mark Hamill.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I feel like I watched a totally different episode than everyone here. This is probably the first episode that I found boring, with just about every joke falling flat for me. Lazslo's a fun character, but he just doesn't work on his own.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I feel like I watched a totally different episode than everyone here. This is probably the first episode that I found boring, with just about every joke falling flat for me. Lazslo's a fun character, but he just doesn't work on his own.

No I thought so too. The last few episodes haven't really worked for me - I'm afraid the show's shtick is starting to wear thin.

Oct 27, 2017
I need more of Doll Nadja

That is the creepiest damn thing. I love it.

When training the neonate he implied he did it because it focuses him to transform.

True, but doesn't he also say that's something he excels at when training her? Like it's part of his talent as a vampire? Nobody else seems to need to do that, so it's just funny to me.

This season has been far weaker than the first.

I agree somewhat but I like that they're branching out and trying new weird ideas at least. It doesn't feel stale to me even if it's not as consistently good.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
A friend pointed out this was like a live-action A-game Roger-centric episode of American Dad and yeah it really is.

That's a good comparison now that I think of it. Been awhile since I watched American Dad with Roger's changing personas.

I thought this might have been the funniest episode this season. Jackie Daytona and his love for high school volleyball was great.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
No I thought so too. The last few episodes haven't really worked for me - I'm afraid the show's shtick is starting to wear thin.
First season had a couple of stinkers like the Manhattan and Orgy episodes. This season is 3 for 6 right now. First two episode plus Colin's promotion were great, but the others were mostly flat. I think the show is generally at its best when it plays with mythical folklore instead of making fun of the vampires for being out of touch.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
What we do before the shadows is some good stuff, glad it got shared here because I didn't realize it was a thing. Harvey just did another one with Mark Hamill

and the one with Natasia was hilarious!

Shame they don't get the attention they deserve.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't quite get why Elvis was in this episode, but loved Colin Robinson getting energy by trolling on the internet. And of course Kroll was great.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
That moment when Guillermo and Nandor were staring at each other and backing away slowly had me rolling in the floor. Just the look on both of their faces... lmao

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Just once I'd like to see Nandor revert back to his warrior days and shock the hell out of everybody, since he's become so neurotic and passive over the centuries.