• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Unoriginal for me but No More Heroes 3 was so cool and the extended trailer is even better

It was legitimately fascinating even before the NMH3 title card appeared.

Ghost of Tsuchima looked very interesting too. My friend was excited about it a lot. Felt a bit like a Tenchu hybrid

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Definitely that NMH3 trailer.
Also the re-announcement of Wolf Among Us 2 was pretty sweet.
Hellblade 2 and Bravely Default II share the third spot for me.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Series X reveal. Completely unexpected. Really well done video. Hellblade looking amazing was a nice bonus.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Probably everything between Reggie walking up to the stage through the shoutout to Marx.

His little presentation speech for indie games was really nice imo.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Vin Diesel and Miyazaki shaking hands. Just ?????????????

I'm not sure if I have a legit favourite moment as opposed to just enjoying a bunch of the stuff a decent amount (the NMH trailer, Sekiro winning GotY, DMC5 winning best action game (and Itsuno's glorious hair), the Muppet sketch, etc).

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The part where I got free copies of Death Stranding and Disco Elysium.

Other than that, probably the No More Heroes III trailer.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Reggie's speech about indie games was really sweet and my favourite moment in general. Tsushima was my favourite trailer.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
The entire fast and furious presentation, I was not expecting to laugh so hard.

Jun 4, 2018
nncs6s1gvb441.jpg

Reposting from the other thread as I didn't know there would be a dedicated topic! :3

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No More Heroes

-

Fast and Furious looks about as good as the movies, so that should be pretty hype for most of era.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Hellblade 2 announcement blew my mind. Couldn't believe Xbox announced. And the Reggie speech was phenomenal.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima probably. Wasn't a particularly exciting show overall.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
No More Heroes 3 trailer
Itsuno accepting his award while dressed like a total boss.
Reggie's speech
Disco Elysium devs shouting out Marx, Engels and Viktor Tsoi.
Death Stranding not winning GOTY.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Definitely the music montage for the GOTY nominees. Especially enjoyed when the vocals kicked in for the Control bit.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Untitled Muppet Goose stealing the show on stage was a highlight.
Other than that, I guess the Xbox/Hellblade stuff was the most interesting. And seeing more of that shark game was neat.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Unoriginal for me but No More Heroes 3 was so cool and the extended trailer is even better

It was legitimately fascinating even before the NMH3 title card appeared.

This wasn't my favorite of the show, but it was certainly the most unexpected reveal of what the game actually was. Liked it in any event.

Ghost of Tsuchima looked very interesting too. My friend was excited about it a lot. Felt a bit like a Tenchu hybrid

Only slightly reminded me of Tenchu. More of an Arkham game than anything, and Naraka is the game that reminded me the most of Tenchu. I also think of the two Asian sword fighting games, Naraka looked like it might have the better gameplay and maybe even stylization, but Tsushima definitely has the production values and likely polish over it.

Anyway, I have two favorite moments, and they are tied I think.

1. Reggie's speech was amazing, and while I don't know how much of that had been written and rehearsed ahead of time, it felt absolutely genuine.

2. Miyazaki finally getting his due, even though I believe he should have actually gotten the award for at least one, if not two of his previous works more so than for this. I am completely fine with Sekiro getting GOTY since the only two contenders for me were that and RE2 anyway.

edit: "DMC is back!" was a pretty great moment too.

Last edited:

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
NMH3 trailer was pretty cool, but for me DMC5 winning best action game and Itsuno receiving the award for it. Itsuno looks so happy receiving it, can't help rooting for the guy!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
All the Linus ads. NMH3. TWAU2. Sekiro GOTY.

Honestly, this TGA mostly sucked outside of those.