• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
so many greats one to consider but im gonna have to go with kingdom hearts. first game i got for me on the system and literally got me into JRPGs and checking out final fantasy (looking at what game a kh character is from - how i played ffx and some of vii).

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
In terms of exclusives, Wipeout Fusion

18762-wipeout-fusion-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

From a thrid party it would be NFS Hot Pursuit 2
15698-need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-2-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Growing up in LA that game was so crazy to me.

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
I remember SMTIII: Nocturne most fondly. Very fast, rewarding gameplay. Inspired my username for many things.

Valkyrie Profile 2 and FFX are pretty good too.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Extremely difficult question as there was so many! On a different day i could answer differently, today....Gran Turismo 3

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Gran Turismo 4

I don't associate GTA SA with the PS2 since I played it on the PC.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus.

Nothing else is even close, but then I also regard the PS2 era as a bit of a dark age of gaming compared to the generations before and after it.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Considering only the exclusives and not games I can play better on gameCube or Xbox, I'd say Shadow of the Colossus.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's too many to pick from, but I would have to go with MGS3 Snake Eater.

MGS3-Screen.jpg

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
I'm not sure if I'm looking back on it with rose tinted glasses. But, as a kid I loved fairly odd parents: breaking da rules. I remember the platforming to be incredibly tight and solid game play.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an old fart and at the time I was already pretty into the FGC, and luckily my local Arcade scene in my country was still alive so for me my biggest memories with PS2 are fighting games: I played A SHIT-TON of Guilty Gear XX, especially Accent Core... holy shit I probably had 99+ hours with that game and for a fighting game that's a lot. Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 5, Virtua Fighter 4, Melty Blood, Arcana Heart... even Fate Unlimited Codes was my shit back then so, yeah. I was happily living some great moments in the so wrongful called "dark ages" of fighting games in the US.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Persona 4, also my favorite game of all time.
I love thinking back on my first playthrough, fantastic memories.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Silent Hill 2 by far, followed by Silent Hill 3, Shadow of Memories, the original SSX, Soul Reaver 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance, and Final Fantasy X.

It pains me, that I can't play most of them currently. Hopefully, the PS5 will remedy that.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
This is a difficult decision. If you point a gun to my head I would say Killzone.
BLACK, Time Splitters Future Perfect and THAW come close though. But I liked so many PS2 games it's insane.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
It is probably a tie between Metal Gear Solid 3 and Shadow Hearts Covenant. I absolutely loved those games.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Its super hard to choose, so I will nominate a particular one between my favoutites:
Shinobi (SEGA)
Fantastic action game.

flonty

Oct 27, 2017
Fina Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XII.
Such a magical time when I played them.
I'm hoping FF XVI and VII Remake can bring the same feelings.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the system because of MGS2 so that will always have a certain magic to it.

Though over the course of the system: FFX, DMC, MGS3, Onimusha were amazing moments of gaming.

Sharivan

Dec 29, 2018
Belgium
Probably Onimusha 3. The PS2 didn't have any games I really loved though. Imho it was a console with lots of good, but no truly great games.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Probably the original Jak & Daxter, though GTA3 will always have a special place in my heart.

MGS2 is a close second, only for the tanker chapter as I really didn't care for the rest of the game. I sank so much time into the tanker chapter - it was truly something special at the time.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Silent Hill 2 probably. Or ICO. Hard to choose between the two.

If I were to do a top ten, it'd look something like...
  1. Silent Hill 2
  2. ICO
  3. Burnout 3: Takedown (although I played this one on the Xbox tbh)
  4. Klonoa 2
  5. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  6. Shadow of the Colossus
  7. Final Fantasy X
  8. Yakuza 2
  9. SSX Tricky
  10. Jak II
Max Payne 2 should technically be my number one choice since it came out on the PS2, but I only ever played it on the Xbox and by all accounts the PS2 port is crap anyway.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
SMT Nocturne and Persona 4, because I love rpgs and these are the best entries in my favorite franchise.