• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
It was Bloodborne, something like 6 or 7 years ago. No SIE game since have manage to do that, and I've often found wishing them to end sooner than they actually did, incl. games like H:ZD, UC4, TLoU2, Spider-Man and God of War. UC:TLL was close and it didn't overstay its welcome, but that game just contained too much Drake(s).

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
God of War, the new one. The old series was good too. Horizon felt like I was playing CGI for the first time. But really Uncharted is a franchise I am always excited for.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
The last one was probably Ghost of Tsushima. Forbidden West had its moments but its story isn't as strong as Zero Dawn and it does feel a bit more of the same as well. (I was fully engrossed by Zero Dawn back in 2017 for comparison's sake).

Rift Apart and Miles Morales were great but short and sweet. I still swing around town from time to time in Miles Morales though.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Horizon forbidden west npc model and animation quality made me sit through most conversations for even the random est side quest. Normally at some point in these games I'd start powering through the text and skipping.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Gravity Rush 2- loved the movement, graphics, music and characters. Just shifting around and falling through the air was fun.

Other than that not much, most games Sony puts out these days do nothing for me.

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
Uncharted 4. Perfect mix game play and cinematic presentation. Fun and cheerful to play unlike other Sony games which gravitates towards dark depressing tone.

New God of War is good combat wise but fails to create same experience as first God of War's epic scale and environment puzzles.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Ratchet and Clank (PS5) and Last of Us Part 2
Ratchet was so much fun and legit looked next gen. Last of Us kept me captivated for its story.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
TLOU2 although I'm not a fan of the universe. UC4 before that but it's not the best UC either. I've been somewhat disappointed by Sony's output for some time now.

Jaymageck

Nov 18, 2017
Toronto
I guess The Last of Us 2. I played Ghost of Tsushima and Death Standing later, and they're both great in their own right. But TLOU2 is next level and the pinnacle of dramatic action storytelling in gaming.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Gran Turismo 4 for me. I put lotsa time into that an even reached a point where I could claim I "beat" it! Sonys rarely ever made/published games that're of any interest to me an its been a couple of generations since I saw a game from 'em an wanted to try it.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
SIE have never released a game that completely engrossed me. I don't think they've even released a game that I particularly liked.

Until Dawn is the last Sony published game that did anything for me, but that was back when they were Sony Computer Entertainment. Even that was only published by SCE, not developed in house.

There have been some Gran Turismo games I've enjoyed over the years, but nothing I've ever stuck with.

I think Planetside is the only Sony developed property that has ever truly engrossed me, but that was Sony Online Entertainment.

(Honorary mention to Wipeout 2097, though again, not developed internally by Sony)

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
God of War 2018.

Ghost was fun, but super repetitive. Dropped it after the first island.

Spiderman was also a lot of fun, but by the time I finished it, I didn't even want to hear about it for months.

Oh, and anytime I start up bloodborne again, it always sucks me in.

NavNucST3

Nov 13, 2017
Miles Morales or God of War probably engrossed me the most but if choosing just one I'd go with Miles just from the soundtrack.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I was completely obsessed with Returnal for a while. Once I figured the game out and got on a roll with it, it was all I played until I beat it. It's just so fun.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
Probably god of war, everything since I thought was just good at best. Hoping Ragnarok lives up to it. I remember feeling that it was to God of war that re4 was to resident evil

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Sackboy's Adventure. The rest of sony's catalog is too samey for me now & I thought GT7 would've taken that place for me but that turned out to be a disappointment for many reasons.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
The 2021 Game of the Year.

y2mate-com-Returnal-Announcement-Trailer-PS5-Jv4-Bj-Wo-B-NA-1080p-4.gif

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
At first I was going to answer The Last of Us, but nope, but if I'm being honest with myself I enjoyed Heavy Rain a little more and therefor it gets my vote.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Bloodborne, but that's kinda cheating.

Before that? Uh, maybe Siren: Blood Curse. Or I guess it would be Journey.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Horizon Forbidden West, Returnal and The Last of Us 2.
All phenomenal games.

Just amazing worlds to be a part of, with top tier gameplay to keep you engrossed.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the Platinum for Rift Apart in like two days, so probably that.

EDIT: I've been a R&C fan since Going Commando, hoping we get a sequel before the gen is done.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I couldnt put Horizon Forbidden West down until I was at the final story mission, only then did I allow myself to take a break and play Elden Ring but I did that for like 20 hours and went back to finish Horizon and work on the platinum

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
TLOU Part 2 was so good due to its fantastic pacing, graphics and compelling story.

To date that is the best video game I have ever played in my entire life. Currently the best showcase for the medium if I had to pick and chose one for an audience that's knows nothing about gaming.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Gravity Rush 2 was the last one that I loved so much that I didn't put it down until I platinumed it.

I've started TLOU2, HZD and GoW 2018, but haven't finished any of them. They're good ass games, but they haven't sunk their claws into me yet.

Oct 30, 2017
Horizon_Forbidden_West_cover_art.jpg

I've never seen a world more beautifully and gorgeous than this, such magical feelings to explore it.. also the side quests and their NPCs are so likable they have made excellent and amazing job capturing them.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
That really got me? God of War.

I bounced back and forth on Returnal until I finished it. TLOU 2 was such a depressing journey that I had had to pace myself with taking breaks to play other games.

I finished Horizon 2, but Elden Ring interfered with diving deep into that. I'm playing it again just to ensure I get my uninterrupted fill.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls I guess? Not sure if that counts tbh. Before that maybe Astrobot (PSVR). When it comes to tentpole games maybe Uncharted 4.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Probably Uncharted 4? I enjoyed a lot of their games since but none hit the highs that one did for me personally

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
Demon's Souls (played it a few months ago) and before that Returnal (played it at launch).

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Astro's Playroom for me. Every little thing about the game was really well done including the music.

Haven't given Ratchet Rift Apart much of a shot yet and the Spider-Man remastered game just felt like a mindless Ubisoft open world collectathon slog.

Will dive into Returnal on PC when it comes.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. Very fun and engaging.

I thought I would love Returnal but I tried it recently since it was available on PS+ and I just couldn't get into it. I uinstalled it after about 5 hours.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Returnal was the last one.

But Death Stranding is the one that still sticks out to me.
To me, it was Death Stranding as well. I've played GoT after that and, while I enjoyed it, it didn't engross me completely. The open-world of GoT annoyed me, whereas I never felt irritated or hasty when playing DS.

With that said, there are many SIE games that I have in my backlog which might top DS, like Horizon FW, Returnal, or Last of Us 2. Whenever I find the time to play them, I'll see if they meet my expectations, as I loved the previous games by the devs of those.

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima grabbed me like few other games did. I've enjoyed some of the games published by SIE since then but nothing as much as Ghost.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Bloodborne was the last Sony game I played and I was fairly engrossed in it. I went to PC afterwards.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much all of them. I'm the easiest audience for Sony 3rd person games. Basically like or love them all.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
God of War(2005) - Combat was on the weaker side, but the scale was something unseen at the time. They've largely been on skates since.

If Demons Soul(2009) wasn't brought over by Atlus, it would be that.

Last edited: