• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Obduction.
I think, I was 3/4 through the game? Didn't really like it from the start and had a bit trouble with motion sickness too. I was already using a walkthrough when I reached this maze puzzle. Where you have to switch between dimensions to rotate certain parts of the maze to get through it. That seemed like such a godawful tedious task, that my final straw broke and I purged it from my system. Watched the end on Youtube instead.

Blasphemous.
About 3hrs in, I absolutely hated the instant death upon falling or spikes.... which is fine in itself until you realize the imprecise platform section and enemy that fly through walls.

Fuck this shit, uninstalled.
Which is unfortunate... I liked the art style.
The last patch adresses some of those problems.
I'm kind of in the same boat. It looks super intruging, but things like that hold me back from buying it. So I'm glad to see they are reacting to the feedback.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
Hmm. Probably Dead Cells I guess. I enjoyed it at first. But then seeing the same environments/enemies over and over (when you die, it restarts at the beginning) made it very boring. I don't play rogue likes very often, but it seems like the genre isn't for me.

If the game had check points I would've loved it. I don't care if it would've only taken an hour to finish. I would rather see it through in one go in a short time frame than to see the same things over and over again for an extended period of time.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Links awakening on Switch. Shitty 7th dungeon pissed me off, I completed it, then i was the boss of the 8th dungeon and my game crashed.

For some reason, I lost my save data and my last save was at the start of the 7th dungeon again, so I just watched the ending on youtube and left it at that.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It tries to do too many things but the end result is an unfocused mess. It has huge open world and its landmarks are cool to see but lots of areas that aren't marked on your map are not worth visiting and traveling through these areas is not fun. It tries to be RPG but lots of upgrades and skills that probably have no real use and player most likely skips most of equipment they get (because they are obsolete in stats or do not fit to playstyle). If character would be forced to invest in one skill tree only and even then not all skjlls could be unlocked, it could create much more interesting situations. It also tries to be heavily narrative but due to open world nature player actions and dialogue are inconsistent (you can wipe out enemy lair and then player would comment later on a mission as if guards were still there even though it is empty).

I didn't delete the game and maybe will give it a second chance eventually, but for now my interest has dropped to zero. I played several hours.

flobber

Nov 1, 2019
Persona 5, after about 25 hours before 3rd Palace.

I really enjoyed Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Three Houses so thought I'd love Persona, but didn't really like the pace or find the daily life stuff that fun or rewarding. Perhaps a skip forward/automate option for the tasks would have been nice but at the same time I can see how that could conflict with the core design.

There were a few other things I didn't like, but there were also many aspects I enjoyed, certainly one of the most stylish games I've ever played.

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Wilds (not world tho that too)
I made it maybe an hour in but I just "don't get it". And words cannot even express how much I hate the spaceship controls.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Never started, downloaded because it was free on gold.

Needed the space for COD MW.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Gears 5.

Absolute borefest with sub-par gunplay and the most predictable combat encounters. The characters were over-acted stereotypes and the story wasn't interesting from the start. Got maybe two-three hours in before uninstalling.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Amnesia collection. Started this last night, played it for maybe 20 minutes and was really bored.

Before that.... Resident Evil 7 a couple of weeks ago. The prologue was awesome then it turned into Alien Isolation and Condemned but way crapper than both with as many horror film clichés as they could get. Not my Resident Evil :(

And lastly before that it was Judgement. The new mechanics of tailing and the drone were just awful. Killed My enthusiasm completely.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I don't uninstall games, but the last game I bounced off was Pokemon Sword and Shield. Think I got to the sixth gym before I ran out of steam. Didn't feel like the story was going anywhere and found the mind-numbing repeated battles with the rival a chore.

Strangely, I usually drop games when better ones come up. But with Pokemon no game took its place.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Outer Wilds. Played around 12 hours and then got my save corrupted.
Basically I could have continued since
every session only takes up to 22 minutes. But I lost all my clues and I didn't want to start from scratch

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
Control. It is probably not a bad game, but I didn't feel like playing an action game at the moment. Sold, perhaps it will come to GP later

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order. Was enjoying it but then I just got bored with the gameplay and wasn't particularly attached to anything in it so deleted it off my SSD for space for other things.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Diablo 3, just finished chapter 2. I out difficulty up to the most I could and it was still boring as shit. I know endgame is where it's at but I couldn't even get that far without being bored shitless

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
The Outer Worlds. I got 5 hours in before I realised it was possibly the most disappointing game I've played this entire generation. Deleted it, drove to EB Games and traded it in towards Death Stranding (yeah yeah, I know).

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I've had no interest in COD since it stopped being about WWII,but I tried out Modern Warfare Remastered on PS+ a while back....I got to the part where you defend against an endless spawn of enemies while waiting for a helicopter and knocked it on the head there.

James_liv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Most games when I start I k ow there is a good chance I won't ever finish. I just play them until I'm bored and move on.

Nioh on ps+ and before that Outer Worlds. Both were alright games but I became bored.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Vampyr, gave it another chance on PC since it's on Gamepass.. but nope, this game isn't worth my time, so deleted it again

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
The Outer Worlds is my most recent example.

Before that it was AC odyssey and Far Cry 5.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Steins;Gate Elite PS4, have it on Switch & just wanted LBP but I'll play through it at some point I bet.

odyssey as well, I did beat it 98 hours all the DLC but couldn't deal with the loading anymore just to do ToG quests so I decided I wanted that 125 GBs back.

Sporran

May 21, 2018
PUBG got it on the trial of PS Now. Less than 5 mins in, quit and delete.

Man what a janky mess.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
Subnautica because it doesn't have cloud save and the game is a technical mess and had a weird ass bug on my second try of finishing it with my base being invisible at certain angles and my mech just disappearing. Game is just a technical mess and I didn't wanna slog through the buginess and stuttering anymore

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Shadow Warrior 2 a few weeks ago, maybe 10 hours in. Even worse humour than the first game with a basically nonexistent story and what little that was there, wasn't great.

Turning it into a looter shooter, unsatisfying level design and bullet sponge enemies made ultimately made it an easy decision to drop.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It tries to do too many things but the end result is an unfocused mess. It has huge open world and its landmarks are cool to see but lots of areas that aren't marked on your map are not worth visiting and traveling through these areas is not fun. It tries to be RPG but lots of upgrades and skills that probably have no real use and player most likely skips most of equipment they get (because they are obsolete in stats or do not fit to playstyle). If character would be forced to invest in one skill tree only and even then not all skjlls could be unlocked, it could create much more interesting situations. It also tries to be heavily narrative but due to open world nature player actions and dialogue are inconsistent (you can wipe out enemy lair and then player would comment later on a mission as if guards were still there even though it is empty).

I didn't delete the game and maybe will give it a second chance eventually, but for now my interest has dropped to zero. I played several hours.

I've been considering the Ultimate deluxe edition for $30 on psn right now. Is it worth 30 with all the goodies? Or $15 basic? Or just not at all. I had the Wii U versions back in the day and thought they were buggy but it was the Wii U so...

Lunir

May 17, 2018
Mexico
Ah! I just deleted one of my most hated games.

Ultra Despair Girls: Danganronpa was a mess for me. I love the franchise, the narrative and wanted to give ir a shot to this new try with another genre and updated graphic style.

I hated with all my pink blood.

I mean, I know that anime games have fan service but this was too much. I has to tickle the protagonist? And then she was fighting just with her underwear on and it was... Strange.

It's a shame because I enjoyed the characters and the plot was OK. I just started Danganronpa V3 and, well, I'll forget about Ultra Despair Girls.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Witcher 3.

I was a couple of hours in but I just couldn't be bothered.

I'm sure I'll give it another go some time because I really want to like it.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Red dead 2. Once I hit the epilogue and had to shovel shit, that was a hard delete. I was soooooo done with that game.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Nier: Automata. I kept hearing good things about it from people around me, but I was really certain that it wasn't for me. And... I was right. Deleted it after a couple of hours and went back to Slay the Spire.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It takes a lot for me to not finish a game, but getting off the first island and realizing 80% of the game is pure bloat made me uninstall it pretty fast.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding. Got to like Chapter 9 or 10 and the game was just awful. Stopped playing when I got busy and never thought about it again.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
I keep uninstalling and reinstalling Sekiro.

I've got a special case of love/hate relationship with it. I'm fascinated by it, but I'm never having fun playing it (whereas I love all Soulsborne games and NiOh, which are all rather demanding yet fair and fun).

I absolutely want to finish it, but also never want to touch it again, at the same time.

I'm currently raging against Lone Shadow Longswordsman.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Surge and Sniper Elite 4.
Played both for 2,3 hours. Liked Sniper Elite 4 and The Surge wasn't that bad too, but I needed some space for other games and...
Also deleted FFXV after playing it for 2 hours to instal Death Stranding and Titanfall 2. I'll install it again in next days after finishing Death Stranding.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like a decision you should have made before ever buying Shenmue 3.
Yeah, I only got the digital copy tier in the wake of hype of it's announcement. After reviews came in that it didn't do much at all to continue the story and actually digressed some from S2, I decided to just move onto the multitude of remaining backlog I have. ho well

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Folklore on PS3. Got about half way before getting fed up of the six-axis ID capturing mechanics, and how disrespectful they were towards the player's time (get it right, or you have to whittle down the boss's health yet again, and it often takes a long time).

I was glad to learn that the company responsible is no more.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Minit
I only had to collect a few items and get through a couple spots when I got stuck, I read a walkthrough and decided it was not worth my time.
Game was kinda fun until that point

Mar 19, 2018
Outer Worlds. I enjoyed the world & character building, but the combat is pretty bland.

I dropped it about halfway through monarch for Fallen Order & Modern Warfare. After starting DMC 5 & getting Control on sale I just don't see myself picking it up again.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Persona 5

Played around 20 to 30 hours, playing around 2 hours a day.
I felt that I was progressing through the story too slowly and I was starting to get bored of the game, so I looked up online to see how far I was and discovered that I was not even halfway through.
So I gave up and moved to something else.

Which was a shame since I loved Persona 4.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
I just did this today with a Robot named fight on the switch. I love buying sub £1 games randomly on the eshop and I'd heard good things about it. Started off okay until I realised it was a permadeath rogue lite! Immediately turned off and deleted. Still, glad I tried it and virtually no money lost.