• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I think I found my Magnum Opus today with AC Valhalla and now I'm curious what are some of your biggest and funniest bugs?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I had one in AC: Origins where a boat I was supposed to sneak into spawned into the world vertically while I was about 5 feet way from it. So everyone who was on the boat suddenly appeared in midair and fell to their deaths and drowned.

OP
OP
Diogo Arez

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I had one in AC: Origins where a boat I was supposed to sneak into spawned into the world vertically while I was about 5 feet way from it. So everyone who was on the boat suddenly appeared in midair and fell to their deaths and drowned.
I actually didn't have many in Origins but Valhalla has been a buggy mess. I think I've found more bugs in 6h than in my entire platinum of Origins

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Not sure it it's really a bug, but Lydia in Skyrim (the first follower you get) loved to stand still in doorways/gates, making me stuck in dungeons.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Pop-in is not just a graphical flaw. Shit can kill you if you don't watch out.

Omanisat

Sep 25, 2018
North Bay, Canada
Mass Effect 3 had a glitch that made the middle of my Shepard's bottom lip disappear so you could see the teeth behind it. Played most of the game with a Shepard who was part camel.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think my favorite will always be the results of Relm using her 'sketch' skill on invisible creatures on the original SNES copies of Final Fantasy VI (the ones titled Final Fantasy III). Like sure, it had a chance of deleting the entire saved game data, but it felt hilarious being surprised every time I did it. Sometimes my inventory filled up with items, sometimes it caused graphical glitches, and one time it messed up my party's abilities so badly that the commands were placed in all sorts of weird places on the screen.

The other one technically doesn't count, as I used a game shark to do it, but I discovered that in Final Fantasy VII (at least on the original PSX version), if you ever have 2 or more of the same party member in your party, every battle errors out and allows you to bypass the battle entirely.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
I hit a couple pathing ones in Quest for Infamy (an indie Quest for Glory inspired game) at launch where clicking certain hotspots would cause the protagonist to walk on water or through the air to reach them which were really simple but amusing in the moment 😆

I think my favorite will always be the results of Relm using her 'sketch' skill on invisible creatures on the original SNES copies of Final Fantasy VI (the ones titled Final Fantasy III). Like sure, it had a chance of deleting the entire saved game data, but it felt hilarious being surprised every time I did it. Sometimes my inventory filled up with items, sometimes it caused graphical glitches, and one time it messed up my party's abilities so badly that the commands were placed in all sorts of weird places on the screen.

I remember stumbling into this after owning the game for years and thought somehow my cartridge had broke since I would get the graphical corruption and a hardlock when it happened.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't recall anything that I've personally experienced that stacks up but the Shaun glitch in Heavy Rain is still my favourite that I've seen on video.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
During my first playthrough of Witcher 3 I initiated a horse race and instead of spawning in the tracks I spawned at the bottom of the ocean mounted on my horse. It was hilarious seeing us drown whilst I heard the background noises of the race, as if nothing had happened lol

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - just running along and fall through the ground. The scream is pretty funny.

Nov 11, 2017
SHAAAAAAAUN

As far as glitches I actually came across myself, when I was like 10 Mario getting stuck in an infinite death scream in Lethal Lava Land was the most hilarious thing in the world

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
San Andreas had like a hundred glitches, specially regarding pederastians and all of them were hilarious.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember if it was here or there but the Fifa glitch thread was a gold mine.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
My friend streaming Ghost of Tsushima for what he calls the Gorilla glitch.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Not really funny, but the coolest bug I had in Sekiro. I still do not know if this bug is used by speedrunners or not:

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
There's a collision bug in Ys VIII where your characters will like "Twerk furiously" (It's actually the jump animation but a lot faster) against a specific higher ground. There's a point where it's the easiest to do (Near that camping on the beach, where you see the green haired shooter dude for the first time) and i think it's easier with Sahad as leader. Anyway, it was just hilarious, caught myself lmaoing for several minutes.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's very hard to top Shaun!

Here's another great one. Ascension of the Jackdaw

DasFool

Oct 25, 2017
Everything in TruckersMP (the multiplayer mod of Euro/American Truck Simulator) is a gold mine. Maybe I'm a small child but seeing huge trucks go flying and ramming into to one another makes me madly giggle.

3EF08C2F3CE3B2FFFD1DC6EBFB4FB600DDFA5390

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
In Fallout 3 I had a pretty funny case of the friendly giant radscorpion bug. There's an unmarked shack you can go into and inside is just a giant radscorpion that attacks. Not this one, just casually stared at me making creepy noises.

Jul 10, 2018
Funny but creepy - there was a boxing game for the PSX, one of the EA ones, if you fought a match, and then there's the decision after, where the referee stands with the fighters, and holds their hands, eventually raising the winner's hands.

Both fighters are standing there pacing back forth with fatigue.

If you pop the game disc out right as the the announcer says 'and the winner is.....'

It'll just sit there, the crowd noise loop stops after about 30 seconds; The three of them standing there with interlocked hands until the end of time.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a video, but I distinctly remember playing Sleeping Dogs, doing a race, ramming into an arrow-barrier and suddenly being teleported 500 miles directly up.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Idk if the funniest but Cyberpunk has a lot that made me chuckle

NPC just trying to get home and crashes into a lamp post instantly
SrLjANl.gif

And PanAm doing stretches while driving
12GtVP1.gif

The game is pretty fun though and the glitches probably made it a bit more memorable.