• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Low3rL3vel

Oct 28, 2017
Closest thing to "first" for me would be Zillion on the SMS. Played the living shit out of that game. Followed by Phantasy Star I'm sure.

Didn't really master any games but was pretty decent at a lot of them when I was younger. I also remember being the zone a few times that I would try to recreate but would occasionally fail at. I guess SoR2, like others here, was one I was good at as well once. At one point I wasn't bad at Cadash but man did that cost me a lot of quarters...

Eightandh

Dec 29, 2017
The first game I did multiple playthroughs and really memorized was probably Metal Gear Solid. It really encouraged that stuff with the 2 paths and game.completion bonuses

RSena7

Oct 26, 2017
SSX Tricky and SSX 3. I'm pretty sure I can pick up those games now and be as good as I was in a few hours.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I've never mastered anything as there's always room for improvement, but I do pretty ok with Megaman X games, particularly X3 and 4.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GoldenEye 007 for N64. Could finish all levels in all difficulties with relative ease and memorized every single one of them, room to room and I still remember them all. Could also beat the time attacks to unlock the cheat codes easily, even the hardest ones like invincibility (Facility) and invisibilty (Archives).

Smenden18

Oct 26, 2017
Savannah, GA
"Mastered" might be going a little far, but I could consistently beat Bionic Commando for the NES when I was 8, and showing it off to my dad, who seemed impressed at the time.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Super Mario Bros on the NES. I was elated to the point that I ran downstairs and grabbed my dad to show him my impressive feat. I think I was 8.

KnightimeX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Gaiden 2 on NES was the first game I was able to beat with my starting life.
So I guess that.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
I was about 7 years old, Yoshi's island on the snes. It was the first game I remember getting 100% complete playthrough. Every flower, red coin, full health, and bonus levels completed.

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Super Mario bros (nes).

Since i had so few games back then, i knew it from start to finish and did at least one full run every weekend (same with contra but i suffered i bit more with that one).

Kamagii

Oct 27, 2017
South of Heaven
Ninja gaiden 1 on NES I still own my OG NES and cart from when I was 7. I can beat it with no deaths trying to beat it without being hit to this day

Sev

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics.

Going from struggling to get what the tutorials meant to memorising the skills respective to each job and finding creative ways to break the game's difficulty with all the different combinations was awesome.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I don't know about first, but the latest is getting over it with Bennett foddy. My fastest time so far is 3 minutes 14 seconds.

In contrast my very first time took me 15 hours to make it up the mountain.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Rocket Power: Gettin' Air. I sucked at most games as a kid but this one was pretty easy to exploit. Also later Shrek: Fairytale Freakdown. Crappy third-party GBC games usually had some easy to discover exploit that let you just kind of steamroll the whole game.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Its either Super Ghouls and Ghosts or Contra Alien Wars. I think I had then around the same time when my SNES collection was very thin. I would finish both games on hardest difficulty racking up additional lives rather than dying.

I think I mastered Super G&G a bit more tho as it was the first game where I remember going into a kind of super relaxed state, maybe meditative would be the right word?

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Tony Hawk games for sure. Took a blind 5 buck bet from someone in college who said he could beat anyone at Tony Hawk. I just decimated him.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Super Mario World and Mega Man X. With the exception of the bonus worlds it isn't too difficult to one life Super Mario World for me, and I can beat Mega Man X comfortably in an hour. I have a top 10 score in every stage of the PSN version of Hotline Miami too.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Dino Crisis 2. I was doing speed runs as an 8 year old before it was cool.

Oct 26, 2017
Zelda: Links awakening.
Back then, there was basically nothing about the game I didn't know and this was long before I had the internet to tell me everything.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Pro Evolution Soccer 5 on PS2.

In our circle I was unbeatable. It carried on for a few sequels after that too. There were games where I got lucky and came back for a smash and grab win and others were I hammered them.

First game I ever lost against another person was in a penalty shootout.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Not sure I've fully mastered any game, ever. But I felt proud and cool the first time I 100%'d Super Mario World with no help. When I was a little kid my neighbours beat a couple harder levels for me.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Lost Kingdoms 1. I could 100% the game in 8-10 hours. I have muscle memory for that game.