• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Does Blackberry count as a "smart phone" ? It was definitely ahead of it times when it owned all the flip phones. If so then that if not then LG Mytouch then went through a bunch of Samsung Galaxies. I think I started at 3 or 4? Then had like 6 and 8. Now I have joined the Evil Empire known as Apple and rocking the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I had an Ipod Touch 2nd Gen (Not a smart phone, but my first smart device).

Then I got a Motorola (810?) I don't know for sure. It was a Motorola Smart phone from Tracphone.

I have an LG V30 now. Gonna ride it till it dies.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Think the first one I got was an iPhone 3 or 3g.

Got the iphone 4 or 4+. Then switched to windows and got Nokia Lumia 920.

Switched to Galaxy S8 since windows phone died and still have it.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HTC desire.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Sony Z3 Pro Compact
Redmi note pro
Samsung S7 Edge
Mi Mix 3
P30 Pro

The last one it's pretty good, but i liked the novelty of the Mi Mix 3.

The one that lasted the longest was S7 Edge, probably would have lasted few years more if i did not break the screen, and the absurd cost of replacing it.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Motorola DROID! I vividly recall it flipping out one time and repeating "Droid! Droid! Droid! Droid! Droid" for a solid 5 minutes.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I had the original Palm Pre with WebOS, thing still works to this day. When my iPod Classic finally died, I had to choose between a touch or an iPhone 4. Decided to condense down to one device. Had a bunch of credit saved up when Verizon got the iPhone 4 so I got it for $50 out of pocket and have had iPhones since. Galaxy sways me sometimes but I just prefer iPhone screens and touch feedback

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
HTC Droid Eris in early 2010.

My current phone is a Galaxy S8. Almost three years old and it still works great. I just don't feel a strong desire to upgrade.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nokia E72

Symbian was horrible but the phone honestly got the job done for messaging and email. Still have it in my closet somewhere in really good condition.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
HTC Droid Incredible. Also was my non-iPhone.

Before that I had a Blackberry Curve. Before that I had an LG enV.

I currently have an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I had a Palm Pre 2 in like 2012. From what I remember, it was the only 'smartphone' I could get on my cell phone plan at the time that didn't require me to go on a more expensive plan. I remember thinking the phone was 'ok'. Definitely a big step up from my prior flip phone and it had a somewhat functional web browser (though a far cry from what modern smartphones were doing back then).

d76d4289-0140-4c03-bae4-1f3b6b67ae6e_1.e0e295f93e2180b74f2e57d6f971aae5.jpeg

A year after that I finally had enough and got a real smartphone (a 5s) and loved it immediately (I was really late to the iPhone game). I have a 6s now and my plan is to keep it until the next batch of iPhone release, if not a bit longer. Only thing I don't like about it is the battery life (I got the battery replaced in 2018 when they were doing the cheaper replacements but it didn't help much), but I always have a lightning cable on me when I need to charge it at work so it hasn't been that big of an issue to me.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
The Motorola Cliq was my first smartphone (i.e. something that runs a reasonably modern smartphone OS), but it was a steaming pile of crap even then. My first real smartphone - something that was actually usable and enjoyable as an internet device - was the original Samsung Galaxy S.

Before those, I had a variety of Blackberry and Windows Mobile 'smart' phones, and even a Nokia N-Gage QD, but none of those were able to do anything useful other than talk, text, basic PDA stuff and J2ME games.

My current phone is a OnePlus 6T, and I had the OnePlus 5 before that.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S I think.

Now Rocking Sony Xperia Compact XZ1. I have no idea what I'll do if (when) this break eventually since there are very little small android phones available nowadays :/

Oct 27, 2017
First: Samsung Galaxy Folder 2
Not the new bending screen thing, but an actual old flip style smartphone. People were always amazed by it.
Now I have an Galaxy A70

Nov 8, 2017
First: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus - I only bought it for Gear VR; didn't even have a SIM card in it for the first three months.

Now: Samsung Galaxy A8 - Given to me by my work.

Prior to the S6, I just did everything on my Vita.

Oct 27, 2017
Was late on the smartphone bandwagon. My first was the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II sometime in 2011/2012.

Currently have a Motorola G7 Power....best smartphone I've ever used. Better than any flagships I've used. This effer doesn't die. Longest battery life I've ever seen on a smartphone, rivaling that of the Nokia candy bar phones back in the day.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
iPhone SE. I still have that same iPhone SE.

I had the same flip phone before thought high school, college, my first post college job and well into my second. My sister got the iPhone for me as a gift otherwise I would probably still have that same flip phone now.

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
First was the Samsung Galaxy wave, think it was one of the first "cheap" smartphones with an oled display? Current phone is the Google pixel 3a XL. Love it.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just take my families old phone when they upgrade, don't really need the latest when I have my iPad. Motorola Droid 2 was the first one, now it's the Galaxy S7, although I use my families Note 9 pretty often.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
My first smartphone was the HTC Hero in brown in 2009, had that little tracker ball thing.

51qbjM5Uk8L._SX466_.jpg

My current is the Honor 10. I've stuck with the mid-range brands ever since that Hero... always seem to get great performance for the price.

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Sony p1... though from there I went to the first HTC android phone, Then nexus one, I now have an iPhone 8. I got tired of Android never being in the working state I wanted it to be in..

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
I got the iphone 4s as a gift from my parents for acing my first uni exam. Later on I went over to my girlfriend's former Galaxy S6 edge. I had that one until last autumn when I bought a fresh galaxy s10 5g edition. I see no need to go back to iphones now, my primary reason for going with apple in the first place was the app store being better, but I rarely download any mobile games these days anyway and whatever I need is on the play store as well so.

Turrican2

Oct 28, 2017
Hamburg
iPhone 1 was my first.
Had a few Sony and Samsung smartphones in between before I went back to iOS with the launch of the iPhone 6S.
Have an iPhone X at the moment.

Jan 9, 2018
Nokia lumia now iPhone 11 Pro Max
In between
Nokia lumia
Samsung note 4
Lg g4
iPhone 7 plus
Samsung note 9
iPhone 11 Pro Max

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I have yet to get one. My current basic-ass prepaid Nokia is fine. If it breaks, I'll probably get a smartphone, but I don't really care what kind.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I worked at Sony Ericsson for a time and carried a variety of now ancient Symbian phones and things like the P1i and older. I generally did not like using them over feature phones at the time but they were a neat novelty. First one I bought for myself was an iPhone 4, and it is still probably my favorite iphone to date.
I have a Sony XZP now, but should probably get something new soon, but everything seems like a downgrade in a few key areas.