• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
PS2: Naruto Ultimate Ninja
PS3: Burnout Paradise
PS4: Final Fantasy X HD
PS5: Spider-Man Miles Morales hopefully

PSP: Kingdom of Paradise
Vita: Persona 4 Golden

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
PS1: Spider-Man
PS2: Downhill Domination
PSP: MLB
PS3: Spider-Man 3
Vita: Uncharted Golden Abyss
PS4: Battlefield 4

PS5: Going to be Spider-Man Miles Morales

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
PS1: No idea since I didn't get one until ~'97/'98 and played it at a friend's house prior. When I got one, it was one of whatever my brother and I got. Crash Bandicoot 3, Small Soldiers (lol), or something.

PS2: Summoner. Despite the shit this game got, I loved it, save for the ridiculous load screens.
PS3: MGS4.
PS4: Dragon Age Inquisition.
PSP: Played a friend's, and have no idea. When I got one, it was Ys Seven.
Vita: Katamari.

PS5: Should be Demon's Souls if my pre-order comes through.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
PS1 - I don't quite remember - I think it was either Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped or MTV Sports Pure Ride
PS2 - Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy
PS3 - Resistance Fall of Man
PSP - Daxter
PS4 - Spider-Man

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
PSX- PaRappa the Rapper
PS2- Gran Turismo 3
PS3- did not own one or even play one
PS4- Destiny 2

Edit:
PSP- Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee

Dec 28, 2019
PS1: Final Fantasy VII
- A friend showed it to me, and (not playing any RPGs prior) it blew me away. It was the first PS1 game I owned when I got my PS1 Christmas of 1997. Realistically, there might have been other PS1 games my friends owned that I played before FF7, but I can't remember them. Maybe Tomb Raider?

PS2: Metal Gear Solid 2 / Final Fantasy X
- I got my PS2 Christmas of 2001 along with these two games and I was stoked to play both of them, but I can't recall which I played first.

PS3: Resistance: Fall of Man
- Came bundled with the PS3. It was a pretty good FPS experience I played co-op with a friend.

PS4: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Came bundled with the PS4. I waited awhile before buying a PS4 after converting to mainly PC a few years prior.

PSP: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
- This game is underrated. I prefer it over Peace Walker.

Last edited:

nss

Apr 10, 2018
PS1: Gran Turismo 2 (versus with my cousin, who owned the the PS1)

PS2: Gran Turismo 3

PS3: Resistance: Fall of Man

PS4: Assassins Creed: Black Flag

PS5: Demon's Souls or Miles Morales (will be on Nov 12)

Oct 27, 2017
PS1: Tomb Raider
PS2: Red Faction
PS3: Resistance (I think)
PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS5: Demon's Souls or Miles Morales (we'll see when it launches Nov 19 in the UK)

PSP: Pro Evolution Soccer 5
PS Vita: LittleBigPlanet

Fukuro

Feb 24, 2020
PS1: Gran Turismo
PS2: Shadow of the Colossus
PS3: Journey
PS4: The Evil Within
PSP: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Vita: Persona 4: Dancing All Night

PS5: Demon's Souls, probably

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
  • PlayStation 1 - Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout
    • Objectively, not a great game, but I have fond memories of it
  • PlayStation 2 - Summoner 1
    • It came bundled with the system, I thought it was terrible
  • PlayStation Portable - Metal Gear ACID
    • I didn't love it and forgot it shortly after starting it
  • PlayStation 3 - Resistance 1: Fall of Man
    • Absolutely stellar, it remains one of my favorite games of all time, I just replayed it a few months ago
  • PlayStation Vita - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    • Another fantastic game, I replayed it a few months ago as well
  • PlayStation 4 - Killzone: Shadow Fall
    • Forgettable game
Definitely hit and miss for me when thinking back on first games I played on PS systems. Interesting...

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
PS1: Spyro 1

PS2: Jak and Daxter

PS3: MGS4

PS4: Knack babyyyyyyyyyy
It was Killzone which I messed around with for a few days, then hopped on Resogun for a bit, then spent a whole year on BF4.

crpj31

Dec 13, 2017
PS1: Marvel Super Heroes
PS2: Metal Gear Solid 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2
PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4
PSVita: Uncharted
PS4: Maybe... Strider (ps plus)

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
PS2 - Marvel Vs Capcom 2
PSP - Daxter
PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4
Vita - Little Deviants
PS4 - Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
PS1: Maybe Crash? Can't really remember.

PS2: Armored Core 2 for sure. We had just moved to Georgia in 2001 and my dad got a really good deal on a PS2 from one of his fellow soldiers. Me and my brothers played the shit out of it before we got our hands on stuff like FFX and MGS2.

PSP: I got a PSP with the Dissidia bundle and yeah, first PSP game I played on it was Dissidia. It wasn't the very first PSP game I had played because my brother owned one with GTA, but Dissidia was the first for the PSP i

PS3: Skate. The reason I wanted the console in the first place. It was Christmas morning and I ended up opening a present that was Skate. Was really disappointed because I couldn't play it without said PS3 and my parents played it off like they didn't realize they had bought a PS3 game, only to give us our last present which was the PS3.

PSVita: I got one just to play Persona 4 specifically and that game did not disappoint. Also was cool that I could home brew it and play all my PSP stuff and whatnot.

PS4: Kingdom Hearts 1. Bought a PS4 pro and the first game I bought was the KH collection. I didn't really care to buy a PS4 for a while but once KH was coming in glorious 60fps I had to have one so I just bought a Pro and KH was the only game I had for like half a year.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PS1: Crash 2
PS2: GUN
PS3: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
PS4: Dragon Age Inquisition
PSVita: Danganronpa

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
PSX - Mortal Kombat Trilogy. I missed out on getting the UMK3 console port for my Genesis at the time because it was sold out at launch and I guess very expensive (considering the price of carts at the time). Finding out that MKT was basically a ramped up version of UMK3, I had to have it and got a PSX in '96 along with it.

PS2 - Gran Turismo III - I got the PS2 that was bundled with Gran Turismo 3 so that was my first game.

PS3 - Got the 160GB PS3 Slim a few years into the PS3 lifespan. My first two games were Demon's Souls and inFamous.

PSTV / Vita TV - Persona 4 Golden and Muramasa Rebirth.

PS4 - Lego Marvel Super Heroes (It was the first game downloaded to my console according to my DL history, my first physical game was probably either Bloodborne or Driveclub)

PS5 - Will be Demon's Souls because that is only game I have pre-ordered alongside my PS5 for the time being.

Zultima

Mar 4, 2020
1 - The demo disc with FFVII and Bushido Blade
2 - ATV Off-road Fury 2 (it was a bundle, don't judge)
3 - Resistance Fall of Man
4 - Assassin's Creed Black Flag
5 - Demon's Souls (will be)

Oct 29, 2017
PS1: Street Fighter Alpha; it's why I bought the system.
PS2: Tekken Tag; it's why I bought the system.
PS3: I honestly don't remember; it was either heavenly sword or uncharted.
PS4: CoD Ghosts, Knack, Killzone
PS5: Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, maybe Sackboy.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Parappa was the first game I remember playing on PS1, it definitely wasn't the first game I had on the console, but before then all that comes to mind are demo discs.

MGS2 was my PS2 first. MGS4 for PS3. God of War for PS4.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
PS1 - Street Fighter the Movie the Game
PS2 - Street Fighter EX 3
PS3 - Resistance: Fall of Man
PS4 - Killzone: Shadowfall
PS5 - don't think I will be playing.

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
PS1: The King of Fighters 95, which was inside the console by mistake when my parents brought home from the store. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PS2: GTA: San Andreas. Actually the first thing I played on my late bought PS2 was a demo of the first God of War.
PSP: Lumines. Just played a lot of Lumines...
PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4, the main reason that I bought the console. What a memorable weekend that was.
PSV: Spelunky. For a long time my Vita was my "portable Spelunky machine".
PS4: Dragon Age Inquisition, was dirty cheap on PSN at the time that I got the console. Never finished though...

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
PS1: Croc
PS2: Got Tekken Tag Tournament and Ready to Rumble Boxing 2 for release, can't remember which I played first.
PS3: Got Uncharted Drakes Fortune and Heavenly Sword when I got the system, can't remember which one I played first
PSP: Patapon
PS4: Got Knack (it was bundled...), Killzone Shadowfall and Resogun for release, can't remember which one i played first
PSV: Uncharted Golden Abyss
PS5: Demons Souls

asc3nsi0n

Oct 27, 2017
RVA
PS1: Tomb Raider
PS3: The Last of Us
PSV: Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (was bundled with the console)
PS4: Killzone Shadow Fall
PS5: Demon's Souls

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
PS2 - Ratchet and Clank
PS3 - Uncharted
PS4 - Infamous Second Son

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
PS1: Tekken 2. That and Time Crisis were the selling points for me at first. The Time Crisis port was only so-so--mostly because the arcade hardware was much more advanced--but since Tekken 2 arcade basically ran on a PS1, the home version was great!
PS2: Ridge Racer V. I owned the game before I even owned the console; played it on a friend's, using the awesome neGcon controller.
PS3: Ridge Racer 7. Maybe you see a pattern here.
PS4: Probably Project DIVA Future Tone, considering that and Shenmue III were the reasons I got it. But honestly I don't remember.

PSP: either Lumines or Ridge Racer, honestly don't remember.
PSV: sadly, likely the abomination they called Ridge Racer.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
PS1: Megaman X5
PS2: Ultimate Spiderman
PS3: Medal of Honor Airborne
PS4: Infamous Second Son
PSP: Ridge Racer
PSV: Uncharted Golden Abyss

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Got them all pretty close to launch, so..

ps1: Street Fighter Alpha
Ps2: SSX
PS3: Motorstorm/Resistance
PS4: Infamous: Second Son

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
PSone - Destruction Derby. Bought the console the week it released in New Zealand.

PS2 - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3. Sold the console a month later, didn't like it. Ended up buying another 5 years later and had it for a few months before I traded it in towards a 360.

PSP - Wipeout.

PS3 - Unchartered 2, but bought the console for Demon's Souls which I had to wait a few month for a local release.

PS Vita - Wipeout, came free with launch console.

PS4 - Metal Gear Solid, umm not Phantom Pain, the other one before it.

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
PS1: Rayman or Crash. Hard to remember which because we had a Saturn and that may have been cayman
PS2: Smuggler's Run
PS3: MGSIV
PS4: Dragon Age Inquisition || Shadow of Mordor -- busy with work at the time so not sure which was first

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
I've only had PS4. But I'm pretty sure my first game I played on it was Until Dawn. Very good experience, enjoyed it a lot.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the PS1 and PS2 way late, like after I bought a PS3. I think the first games I played on a friend's PS1 was either Gran Turismo or Resident Evil though.

I first played a PS2 at my girlfriend's house, as her brothers got one at launch. I'm pretty sure I remember her oldest younger brother beating the snot out of me in Madden.

First game I played on my PSP was Liberty City Stories.

First game I played on my PS3 was ugh... I think it might've been Force Unleashed. Either that or Battlefield Bad Company (I didn't buy my PS3 until the day after The Last Guardian was revealed. whomp whomp).

PS4? I remember I bought a digital copy of Bloodborne right when I got it and set it up, but never got around to playing it. I wanted to "finish" Dark Souls 2 SotFS first (finish means get all the achievements ) then play through 3 too, then finally dive into Bloodborne. I still haven't played through the DLC for Dark Souls 2, so I've still yet to play Bloodborne. First game I actually played on my PS4 was I think the Sleeping Dogs remaster.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
PS1- Medal of Honor
PS2- Red Faction
PS3- can't remember, possibly Lego Star Wars Complete Saga since I got that with the console.
PS4- Lego Avengers (would have been BF4 except it wasn't working)
PS5- depends on when i get one.

Nov 4, 2017
PS1 - Krazy Ivan is the first PS1 game I remember playing, but there may have been something else I tried first. It was at a cousin's house in Scotland, and I got left alone in the attic playing PlayStation while the grownups drank. First game I played on my PS1 was Gran Tourismo

PS2 - Medal of Honour: Frontline. I had saved up my money from my part time job in high school and bought myself the PS2 + FFX bundle, and I got MoH too. I bought it on a Saturday morning before the afternoon/night shift, and my dad waited up for me to get home from work that night so we could play it, we had enjoyed the MoH games on PS1 together.

PS3 - MGS4. Only PS3 game I ever played. Dud generation for me, plus I was super busy with post-grad.

PS4 - Arkham Knight. My wife bought me the Arkham Edition PS4 bundle for my 30th birthday. Pretty good return to console gaming for somebody who mostly ignored 7th Gen except for rhythm games and a bit of gears & fable.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
The only Sony system I've owned is the PS3. I bought it to play Grand Theft Auto V, so that was probably the first game I played on it, though I think I also might have picked up Assassin's Creed III and Ni no Kuni used at the same time. I think I played Assassin's Creed once for like twenty minutes, decided I hated it and never played it again. Played Ni no Kuni on and off occasionally. Loved GTA V, but in retrospect I'm not sure it was worth buying an entire console for, given how little use I got out of the PS3. (Also, I absolutely hated the controller. It felt flimsy and the parallel analog sticks were uncomfortable to use.)