• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
PS1:Twisted Metal
PS2:GTA:Vice City
PS3:Resistance: Fall of Man
PS4:Alien Isolation

And if I get a PS5 it will be Cyberpunk.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
PS1: Spyro: Ripto's Rage

91Z8LELyRKL._SL1500_.jpg

PS2: Cookie & Cream

Cookiecreamps2.PNG

PS3: MAG

n8UIYLIH-dxz64Js3z2PoKv6K3CUG3EAJajG4UNo_dq8KKgul21ZgRtKGIc6swz0Rh-FEAV3CRscSRdNUh1tnkyB1yGA3muGv1UVWxS8aghFLm6W_ps

PS4: Bloodborne

71woEOr8VGL._SX342_.jpg

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
This thread is making me really nostalgic.

Ps1: Fifa 96 and Street Fighter Alpha. I can't quite remember which one I played first.

Ps2: Onimusha. The only game I had for many months due to not having money to buy another one. I played the shit out of this.

Ps3: Resistance.

Ps4: Infamous Second Son

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
PS1: Crash Bandicoot
PS2: Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4
PS4: Infamous Second Son

PSP: Metal Gear Acid

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
PS1: Fifa 97. Got it as a Christmas present, I remember running over to my best friend's house to get him to play it with me.

PS2: sorry can't remember.

PSP: I went with my brother to GAME at midnight to buy it on launch day. I think the first game I played on it was Metal Gear Acid.

That got sold, but when I bought my own years later I got it for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I also got Crisis Core at the same time, so it was one or the other...I think it would have been the latter.

PS3: Gran Turismo 5 prologue (I remember the very long system update).

Vita: I bought it second hand from my boss...I think it was LEGO Marvel that I first played on it.

PS4: Killzone Shadow Fall.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
PS1 Destruction Derby. I remember what an amazing technical achievement it seemed back then. I bought that an Actua Soccer with my PS1.

PS2 SSX I got a few games at the midnight opening. Can't remember the others, but I'm sure I played SSX first.

PS3 I don't remember. I was widowed that week. Only went to collect the console as my employer was paying for it and we needed it for work. Was a weird experience being in that excited midnight queue. Was less hassle to collect it than not.

PS4 Killzone was included with the console. I think I played it twice that week then never touched it again.
Your spouse died on the day you were picking up your ps3 condolences

The ones I actually owned
Ps3: uncharted 2
PS4 assassins creed black flag
PSP: honestly no idea I think it was uncharted ?
I never owned a ps1 but I played battle arena toshinden at the local video rental place

I never owned a ps2 but I think tekkentag tournament was my first game i played on it

for ps3 before I bought one I played my cousins I think nba 2k11 or something would have been the first game I played?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
guessing

1-crash
2-can't remember
3-resistance
4-Infamous Second Son

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
PS1: Ridge Racer
PS2: The Matrix DVD....then SSX
PS3: Resistance
PS4: Killzone

Launch titles are always pretty meh for PlayStation consoles except for PS5. Bring on Demon Souls

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
PS1: Crash 1.
PS2: TimeSplitters.
PS3: Uncharted.
PSP: Vice City Stories.
PS4: Battlefield 3.

PS5: will probably be the next God of War, assuming my PS4 doesn't die before Horizon.

TheSantry

Dec 25, 2017
PS: Crash 2
PS2: Street Fighter EX 3
PS3: Resistance: Fall of Man
PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall

I'm planning on playing Demon's Souls remake on PS5 first.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
PS1 - Blast Chamber demo
PS2 - Devil May Cry
PS3 - Resistance FoM demo
PS4 - Contrast

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS1 - Battle Arena Toshinden or Jumping Flash on the pack-in demo disc. I consider playing arcade Tekken several months before the NA PS launch to be my first real taste of the hardware, though.

PS2 - Ridge Racer V. There wasn't much else good available early on but this was satisfying me until Onimusha.

PSP - I don't remember, maybe Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins at home but I had played demo units with games like Ridge Racer before that.

PS3 - Uncharted was the first one on my PS3. I think the first I played in store was Genji around launch.

PSV - Gravity Rush was the first I tried in store, and I think it was the first I played at home but I also bought Uncharted: GA that day.

PS4 - Resogun was the first I tried. Good fun, especially since Defender was one of the big games of my childhood.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
GTA III (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
PS: Metal Gear Solid or Crash Bandicoot
PS2: Prince of Persia (not 100% sure which one)
PS3: Uncharted
PS4: The Order: 1886
PS5: will be Demon's Souls or Miles Morales.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Your spouse died on the day you were picking up your ps3 condolences

The ones I actually owned
Ps3: uncharted 2
PS4 assassins creed black flag
PSP: honestly no idea I think it was uncharted ?
I never owned a ps1 but I played battle arena toshinden at the local video rental place

I never owned a ps2 but I think tekkentag tournament was my first game i played on it

for ps3 before I bought one I played my cousins I think nba 2k11 or something would have been the first game I played?

Thanks.

Not quite. Same week. I had to travel a few miles to the city to be with by children who were in hospital. And I'd reserved the PS3 nearby some weeks before when my employer had given me the expenses. So it made sense to collect the console on my way home from the hospital.

I do remember the happy queue turning to anger when the Game employer's told everyone they had to buy a certain number of games or peripherals from a list or they couldn't have the console.

Alecs27

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
PS1: Tekken 2
PS2: I bought three games together, MTX Motocross, the first Onimusha and the Hobbit.
PS3: Uncharted 1
PS4: infamous second son

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
PS2: Tekken Tag Tournament

PSP: Burnout Legends, THUG2 Remix, Tekken Dark Resurrection and FIFA 06.

PS3: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

PS4: The Last of Us Remastered

PS Vita: I bought a second hand Vita in March this year just for Persona 4 Golden. I'd finally given up on it being released on other platforms...sigh.

darkgear96

Dec 16, 2018
I got a PS2 on the lasts years if its life because I wanted to play the Naruto games on there jaja and my first one was the one was burnout 3, I remember being disappointed at the beginning because I thought that It was a GTA like game.
For ps3 I got it on Christmas again for Naruto, this time Naruto Storm 1, the first game that I played was Uncharted 1
For PS4 was I think Killzone,
And of the ps5 it will be demon's souls :)

Oct 27, 2017
PS1 - Die Hard Trilogy (I played Tekken at a trade show a year or so before I bought the console itself)
PS2 - Ridge Racer V
PS3 - Resistance Fall of Man
PS4 - Assassin's Creed Black Flag

PSP - Need for Speed: Underground Rivals
Vita - Unit-13 (I think?)

Last edited:

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
PS1: Suikoden and Breath of Fire III.
PS2: Final Fantasy X
PSP: Trails in the Sky
I didn't get a PS3 or Vita.
PS4: Bloodborne and The Last Guardian

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
PS1, Jumping Flash or Destruction Derby on the launch demo disc.
PS2, launch day, Tekken Tag Tournament followed by SSX and Timesplitters.
XB, RDC2 then Halo 2
360, launch day, COD2
PSP, near launch, Ridge Racer
DS... NSMB
PS3, launch day, Resistance & RR7!
Wii, NSMB
Wii U ... NSMB U
PS4, launch day, Killzone followed by COD Ghost, BF4 and NFS.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
PS1: I think it was Mickey's Wild Adventure, or maybe Blazing Dragons.
PS2: Crash Wrath of Cortex, but technically it was the Klonoa 2 demo lol.
PS3: Crash Warped PS1 Classic lol. I don't remember the first PS3 game I played though, because I got quite a few games with it. I think it was Sonic Unleashed, but my 1st trophy was for LBP, so I'm not sure. I'm convinced I played Sonic Unleashed for 20 minutes first though.
PSP: KH BBS.
PS Vita: Honestly can't even begin to guess lol. There was a PSN sale when I got it, so I had like 5 pages worth of games installed day 1 lmao. My first Vita trophy was PSASBR, so lets go with that. Knowing me though I probably tried a Crash Bandicoot PS1 Classic first.
PS4: Uncharted Trilogy.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
PSX
Battle Arena Toshinden - I hated it. So the first game I actually liked:
Jumpingflash_boxart.jpg

PS2
So I waited outside in the cold to get this thing and then didn't buy a single launch title bc they all looked terrible. I had to wait for my birthday to play it and by that time the following game was released and it was the first thing I played:
Ffixbox.jpg

PS3
I actually don't recall my first PS3 game. I remembering being let down in general this generation in Playstation and my limited memory reflects that I think.

PS4
Still one of my favorite AC games, and easily the best setting. Why can't we have more pirate games like this, or hell an RPG like this?
Assassin%27s_Creed_IV_-_Black_Flag_cover.jpg

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
PS1 - Ridge Racer
PS2 - SSX
PS3 - Resistance Fall of Man
PS4 - Resogun (I think. I got a few games on launch day and hammered most of them)

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
First one I bought was PS3 and MGS4 was the first there along with Uncharted 2. For PS4 it was P.T.

I did borrow a friend's PS2 once just to play Ico so uh I guess that counts :P

Played Crash on a PSX at a Blockbuster ages ago.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
PS2: TimeSplitters
PS3: Resistance Fall of Man
PS4: Resogun

Didn't buy a PS1 because of the janky ass graphics. Although played on one quite a bit at work (EB). Think the first PS1 game I played was Wipeout.

Spudstercool

Jul 14, 2019
Playstation : Tekken
Playstation 2 : Tekken Tag Tournament
Playstation 3 : Motorstorm
Playstation 4 : Destiny
Playstation 5 : Spider-Man : Miles Morales (Probably)

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
PS1 -- Hexen. It was pretty bad.

PS2 --Star Wars: Starfighter. It was okay. It's no Rogue Squadron.

PS3 -- Resistance: Fall of Man. Honestly I barely played more than an hour of this game. I got the PS3 for my birthday in 2008 and it came bundled with Spider-Man 3 on Blu-ray. It was just a few months before MGS4 would release.

PS4 -- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. I paid the $10 so that I could play the PS4 version while using the PS3 disc. Also downloaded Resogun that day.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
PS1: Battle Arena Toshinden
PS2: Ridge Racer V
PS3: Motorstorm
PSP: Lumines
PSV: WipEout 2048

Nakazato

Oct 25, 2017
PS1 Crash and Tobal
PS2 Z.O.E (MGS2 Demo)
PSP Lumines
PS3 Resistance
Psvita Persona
PS4 Killzone

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
PS1: Crash Bandicoot
PS2: Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex

PSP: MediEvil
PSV: Rayman Origins

PS5 will likely be either the built-in Astrobot game or Demon's Souls... or maybe if BC works out the box with my PS4's USB hard disk I'll play Crash 4 and it'll be like the good old days.

renx

Jan 3, 2020
PS1: RE2 or MGS2. Not sure. Obviously PS1 wasn't a day-1 purchase. Not even year-1.
PS2: Onimusha
PS4: Knack (I'm sorry)

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
PS Vita: Soul Sacrifice
PSP: Resident Evil 2
PS: Resident Evil 3
PS2: Resident Evil Code Veronica X
PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4
PS4: Killzone Shadow Fall

Me from the future PS5: Demon's Souls

Last edited:

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
PS1: Dead or Alive
PS2: Tekken Tag Tournament
PS3: Wipeout HD
PS4: Uncharted Collection (it was bundled with the PS4)

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
PS1 - Medievil. It was OK. I had a Saturn before that so it didn't really feel next-gen.
PS2 - Final Fantasy X. "HOLY CRAP, VOICE ACTING!"
PS3 - Fallout New Vegas. Amazing game but boy did it run like absolute garbage on console (even more so, that is). Bloody thing crashed so often I started saving whenever I gained experience just to be safe.
PS4 - Infamous First Light. Very pretty, but I thought it got old fast.

PSP - Corpse Party. All the urine references I could handle and more, on the go.
PSV - Gravity Rush. Love at first sight but I still have nightmares about the touch/motion controls. Bad "early 1st party game, must use EVERY feature" syndrome.

Bit surprised I can still remember most of the first experiences for every system I owned.