• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hawk

Oct 25, 2017
It was Minecraft right? People are still playing it, kids are still talking about it and it came out in 2009. There's little doubt in my mind that it's the biggest of the decade.

scar654

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to answer the same as others but I agree with them. My choice would be Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hawk

Hawk

Oct 25, 2017
A strong case could be made for the Five Nights at Freddy's series too.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
While I personally didn't care for it, Minecraft is easily the biggest not just of the decade but the best selling game of all time.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The answer's really easy, it was Minecraft.

Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto V, Five Nights at Freddy's and League of Legends also have strong cases to be made. But it's still Minecraft.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Without question it was Pokémon Go. Like it or not nothing else seized the public consciousness and culture at large in anything close to the same way.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Minecraft was 2009, not the last decade, so everyone in this thread better back that square horse up.

Real answer is Candy Crush or Fortnight.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Surely it's a procedurally generated game like Minecraft or Desert Golfing

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
We need to list down all the games that's more than 90GB and above after all patches & Dlcs are installed before we can determine that

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at my goddamn hard drive it's Modern Warfare probably.

For real though, Minecraft, Fortnite, GTAV is the trinity

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say Fortnite, at least at the moment. After that, there's the likes of MineCraft and Grand Theft Auto V. PUBG is also pretty big