• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
To add my own, I'll go with Mirror's Edge (Catalyst) announcement also from E3 2013. I loved the first game and was hoping it would get a sequel someday. While the game ended up a big disappointment, I still get chills when I watch this. Maybe one day this series can actually reach it's potential.

Yup, it's Mirrors Edge Catalyst for me too

The first one is one of my GOATs.
So when I heard that "naa na na na" right at the beginning, I was "OH SHIT".
The whole trailer was hype. The soundtrack at the end ... I was floored

Shame that the game didnt reach its potential

But anyway, an impersonal answer would be FF7R + Shenmue 3 1-2 punch at Sony's E3

Right after FF7's announcement we got Shenmue 3. That was hype overload.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to disregard all the hype culture bullshit and nominate Far Cry Blood Dragon's meta brilliance by revealing itself as a faux april fools joke and then turning out to be a real game.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
FF VII Remake was the one for me, I couldn't believe they were actually doing it after all this time.

The FF XV/KH3 combo is close second.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Best trailer: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - Nintendo Switch Presentation trailer
Best reveal/announcement trailer: Final Fantasy XV (E3 2013), Final Fantasy VII Remake (E3 2015), God of War (E3 2016), The Last of Us Part II (PSX 2016)

OP
OP
DOA

DOA

Oct 26, 2017
Of course people are gonnna put games that they were already fan of, or very popular. What went first into my mind was the reveal teaser of Dead Island, even though the game didn't look like at the end.

that was really a great first trailer... i think this is no. 1 for a new IP reveal for me

Reveals and teasers exist to generate hype.

If anyone can show me more hype than this, fair enough, otherwise there's one answer and it's Smash:

that's hilarious. the combined yelling at the logo showing

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
RE2Make. Hearing the "Officer", the initially off focus look at Leon and then the OTS camera view. Amazing

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
No Mans Sky for me probably. What an amazing reveal trailer.

Firewatch a close second with BOTW in there too.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By the numbers or personal feelings? Because if it's by the numbers we can actually put a definitive answer to that question.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
My favorite God of War at E3 2016, just so well done, from the build up, to Kratos reveal, to the live gameplay demo, just excellent all round. It carried the game's hype for awhile for me.

The one that got the biggest reaction from me, TLoU 2, really did not expect it to be announced at PSX 2016, I got, got. It was also an excellent trailer.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Horizon zero Dawn's trailer. That was epic. It's a new IP, that explained the setting, showed off the world and then some awesome gameplay. 10 million copies sold, they introduced that game perfectly

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
"I am hungry. Feed us."

CarefreeOptimisticFruitbat-max-1mb.gif
Yeah this moment was absolute bonkers. Crazy moment and the crowd went insane at this. Plus it had the orchestra before it and playing during. Damn this might be the best E3 moment for me. I mentioned horizon but this might be just as good or better

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
honestly the FF XIII Versus -> FFXV reveal trailer may take the cake for me. That had me geeking even more than FFVIIRemake or BotW. The Monster Hunter World reveal wasn't really hype, but when it dawned on me that it was a console-based monster hunter holy tits I went ballistic.

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot about this, as long as it's in this decade this is it.

Cannot stress how impressive and exciting this was back in the day.

Yeah, as I recall it was revealed at the end of 2010 (at the VGAs, or whatever is the name of the show that preceded the Game Awards). This trailer wasn't uploaded until February 2011 for some reason though!

Ging

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I think FFVIIR had the largest reaction of all time, not just the Decade, but the history of gaming. It is the most justified hype of all too. Factors are:

1. The decades in waiting, the trolls on previous ports/remasters, even PS3 tech demo of it
2. Both fans which could understand, and who could not understand the reason SE would make the remake unified at that moment
3. It is one of the most needed remakes, the game aged, and many fans couldn't relay the FFVII experience to their younger peers
4. It is generally known as one of the best games ever made, and one of the most influential for even developers themselves

Honorable mentions are Starcraft 2, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Shenmue III, Red faction Guerilla, and Death Stranding

P.S. I don't understand the Super Smash hype so much, as Mario games iterate on each Nintendo Console, I'll be shocked if there's a Nintendo console without a Kart/Smash/Mario platformer. I'm actually surprised Mario Galaxy 3 hasn't come out yet :)