• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
LG Nanocell 85 49". Getting here next Saturday.

Mainly for gaming and as a 2nd monitor (with my ultrawide) so I'm not too concerned about watching a movie on it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I don't play on anything that's not a monitor. I find big TVs just don't offer a good experience both in terms of latency but also because I find it easier to focus in on the detail with a desk setup. I don't like having a TV so large that I have to move my eyes a lot to see everything, and you might say that it depends on you're viewing distance, but if you're buying a really big TV and then sitting quite far away, why bother with the big TV at all?

With that said, for next gen stuff I'm stuck waiting for a next generation of monitors. So that's a bit unfortunate.

If you're moving your eyes to see everything that just means you're sitting too close. There's a reason there are ideal viewing distances for every size. You don't have to sit "far away", you just have to sit at the recommended minimum distance. Latency is just about the only thing monitors have over TVs. Image quality and HDR in general is light years ahead of your average monitor if you get a half decent TV.

Krigaren

Oct 25, 2017
I don't play on anything that's not a monitor. I find big TVs just don't offer a good experience both in terms of latency but also because I find it easier to focus in on the detail with a desk setup. I don't like having a TV so large that I have to move my eyes a lot to see everything, and you might say that it depends on you're viewing distance, but if you're buying a really big TV and then sitting quite far away, why bother with the big TV at all?

With that said, for next gen stuff I'm stuck waiting for a next generation of monitors. So that's a bit unfortunate.
Likewise. Been using my monitor with a capture card for so many years and I just can't go back to a TV.
I got a PS5 with an elgato 4k60 pro together with a 1440p/144hz ips/gsync monitor and I got zero issues.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
With the recent firmware updates, and some slight picture adjustments the Sony X900H is an amazing value IMO. For the price you can't go wrong.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Came in here expecting about 0 Phillips and found so far up to three!

Mine is 50pus7504, Phillips 4k set with hdr and ambilight. Kinda cheap mid/low range but it has an integrated subwoofer and both hdr10+ and Dolby vision support. I'm quite happy with it (first 4k/hdr set) except when I can see the dse shit it displays sometimes. It's a 201o model obviously with 60hz and hdmi 2.0 only. Also not the best input lag out there but it's playable in game mode.

Got a phillips 43pus8503/12 tv for my small studio. Not awful but its hdr is weeeeak.

I don't know if it changes a lot from mine but I have no issue with mine knowing it's a 500€ (50 inches) model.

Philips 65pus7354/12

65PUS7354_12-IMS-de_DE

Nice 65 inch 4K tv with beautiful image quality and Ambilight. Never gonna buy a TV without Ambilight ever again, the atmosphere is just so much better with it. And it costs < 1000

That's mostly the same as mine but without the subwoofer, although I don't know right now if 65 inches were va or ips. 50 are va. Yes ambilight is quite cool but you can have similar set ups also not integrated on the tv. These sets are supposedly fine though.

A PoS phillips 43pus805, which somehow had hdr on ps4pro but not XsX or ps5. And ps4pro had only hdr10+?

Is that an older model? Or did you miss a number somewhere.

Last edited:

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Samsung RU7100. It has a TN panel, the brightness is shit, and apparently the HDR isn't very good (although I don't have much experience with that) but I still like it. I mainly got it because it had the best latency of all the 4K HDR TVs I could find within my budget.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I'm using a 49 inch Samsung NU8000. For whatever reason, the 49 inch is the only model of NU8000 that doesn't offer a 120Hz option. Still, it's a huge upgrade from whatever 2010 Samsung model I had before.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my LG CX and it's beautiful. Now I just actually need a PS5 to go with it lol.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some 2017 LG 4K TV with HDR Pro, which kinda sucks.

Oh well it was $400 on Black Friday that year

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
I don't know if I should got for a 65" Sony X90 or 65" Samsung QT80, both at 1279€ here in Luxembourg.
For the same price would probabaly chose the Sony one, but wan't there some problems with 4K/120fps ? Still waiting for a firmware upgrade?

Or a 55" LG CX at about 1399€. (The 65" costs 1999€, I think it is just to much for a TV.)

I'll aslo upgrade my Sony soundbar with an eArc compatible one (and Dolby Atmos?)

Have a 55" FHD screen from Sony right now, 3m distance.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
A 4K HDR 75" $900 Black Friday Costco Vizio piece of trash.

But it works great, is pretty nice looking and has served me well for 2 years. Going to buy another cheap ass 75" Costco special this year...hopefully with 120 refresh, but if not I'll wait another year.

I just figure I am going to be wanting new tech every few years so why spend $2-3k.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Have an old 4k/60hz Vizio that needs to go. But moving so no immediate upgrades. Was looking at the 900h but gong to have to cop the LG CX .

Oct 30, 2017

therearedozensofus.gif

I have tried to play videogames on a tv but ever since I first switched to an HD monitor with the 360 it has been impossible to go back and I've stopped trying.

Monitor is a BenQ BL2711U. Had it for a couple of years and don't plan to upgrade for a while longer.