• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
Still rocking the plasma. I am really tempted to upgrade tho.

Btw is it worth upgrading to 4K? Is a big enough difference where it is worth the money?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
LG CX 55" and I never been happier. Then again this is my first OLED and the first ever high end TV I ever bought so I don't have a point of reference for comparison, considering my last two sets was a Sony Bravia X800D 49" and before that a Toshiba Regza 32RV530U.

I got my LG CX at a discount though so price will vary but you may luck out next week for Black Friday.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Just Samsung RU7100 43". I sit real close though :-P.

Only 4K60 without VRR and is probably pretty low end for HDR but I am happy with it so far.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
65" LG CX.

I just bought it at the $1900 sale price. PS5 HDR games are stunning.

I originally bought the Samsung Q90T. The peak brightness is impressive, but it has many other issues. Purple ghosting, dirty screen effect, poor blooming/local dimming in game mode, etc. The CX lacks the super bright picture, but everything else is far better. Q90T is getting returned.

I'd recommend to get whatever LG OLED fits your budget. It's amazing for 4K HDR gaming.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
LG 65 CX

It's honestly been a godsend for my PC and it will do wonders for my next gen consoles. Not sure I can do non-oled tv's anymore after experiencing this.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I know nothing about tvs at all but I have a Panasonic with 4K but no HDR, does 60 hz doubt it goes higher
PS5 looks incredible on it though, which is funny because it really hates both PS4/pro and Switch visuals, I had to make a lot of changes for them not to look awful

SAINT_

Banned
Oct 4, 2020
65" Ks8000.

I had the 900h, but I returned it due to the 120hz blur issue. I would get the CX but I play too many MP games with static huds so I'm a prime candidate for burn in. 😔

LegendofTrey

Oct 27, 2017
LG CX - As the Samsung Home theater expert at BBY, I can say this was the best choice. Samsung ain't got nothing that competes.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
60" Samsung KS8000

Still a fantastic picture today. I have no plans to play anything at 120FPS so I'm not in a rush to upgrade, but looking at an OLED next.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
LG 65 CX

It's honestly been a godsend for my PC and it will do wonders for my next gen consoles. Not sure I can do non-oled tv's anymore after experiencing this.

I bought two. 55 for bed 65 for gaming........

Gettin 65 tomorroq but my 55 ww got yesturday.....No way Ill evwr go back to.non OLED.

This is.....everything looks new..so damn good

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Copped a 55" LG CX a couple weeks ago alongside a sound bar for my PS5 and it feels like my first time ever watching TV.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
65" LG C8. Common knowledge says I jumped a year or two too early, but I'm in love with this set, and I'm not the type to care about what I'm missing. I got it for a good deal too. It's paired with the PS5 nicely thus far.

RadiantDan

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan
At the moment I have a Toshiba 2014 50L3400U that has served me well the previous gen, but I'm looking to upgrade in the coming weeks. I've been leaning toward the Samsung Q80T because of it's more affordable price, but if the LG OLEDs are really worth it that much then I might just go for one of those.

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm between getting a C9 or a X900H.

Is Oled really that superior? It is a $800 difference, just want to make sure it's really worth it.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
An LG B7A I got from some doofus off FB marketplace for $250 a few months ago! No 120Hz but eh 60 is plenty for console games. It's my first OLED set and I was blown away coming from my 2018 TCL 6-series. HDR looks unreal.

Unrelated but I really need to get a sound bar for it sometime. The speakers aren't great and I don't like using headphones that often. They're so dang expensive though!

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Right now, a very old and creaking Samsung C580 (it has been truly amazing, even more so given it's low price, and still does a great job all these years later). But I think it's time to move to 4K hopefully around Black Friday sales.
I have a tendency to leave games/PS5 on for hours just sitting there so that probably rules out any sort of OLED due to burn-in worries and given my love for how this last Samsung TV has lasted so long and it's quality/price ratio I'll probably go Samsung again.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
A whole lot of LG's in here. Unfortunately in this pandemic world I couldn't justify the cost so I picked up the 2020 55" TCL 6 series. It's my second TCL set and I love it. So far I haven't had any of the issues Rtings review mentioned outside of some slight blooming from certain sources (I'm looking at you HBO Max). The blacks are amazing and the HDR very bright and well balanced. Truth be told I wasn't prepared for it to be so much better than my TCL P series but it is.

At nearly half the price of the LG it's what allowed me to feel okay buying the PS5 as soon as it came out. The truth is outside of some missing HDMI features I'm not sure even the beautiful LG would impress me $700 more. It's obviously the better set but after a certain point your money offers diminishing returns.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
EnKK0KcXIAM9OpD

I'm actually jealous. I'd love to play modern fighting games on a CRT.

dadoes

Feb 15, 2018
Lg 65 c9

Had a 55 panasonic 720p plasma before.

The difference is stunning and makes me want to watch more movies/tv shows and play more games.

Don't hesitate, if you can afford one get it.