• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
1504424701978.jpg

Last edited:

grand

Oct 25, 2017
en.m.wikipedia.org

Japonisme - Wikipedia

Basically, France was one of Japan's main trade partners and both influenced each other. France become enamored with Japanese art, to the point that Vincent van Gogh was influenced by Japanese art. This continued for several centuries until their modern art style was tied together between the two countries. So it's not surprising that France is more accepting of typical anime traits. In fact, it's probably more accurate to say that both Japanese and French cartoons share the same traits independently that are viewed as anime-esque due to anime's larger popularity in English speaking countries (compared to modern French cartoons & art).

Comparatively, it's not much different than the US's love of copying British TV

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
en.m.wikipedia.org

Japonisme - Wikipedia

Basically, France was one of Japan's main trade partners and both influenced each other. France become enamored with Japanese art, to the point that Vincent van Gogh was influenced by Japanese art. This continued for several centuries until their modern art style was tied together between the two countries. So it's not surprising that France is more accepting of typical anime traits. In fact, it's probably more accurate to say that both Japanese and French cartoons share the same traits independently that are viewed as anime-esque due to anime's larger popularity in English speaking countries (compared to modern French cartoons & art).

Comparatively, it's not much different than the US's love of copying British TV

Cool! Thanks for the info. :)

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I loved that show, along with Martin Mystery. Sam is one of the reasons why I like redheads.........

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Friggin Ouiaboos...

I missed the totally spies boat so I was pretty amused by the saberspark videos a while back.

Wakfu is the shit though.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Growing up is switching from Clover to Alex as your favorite spy. I was young and foolish. I have seen the light now.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Yo this show was great. I loved it as a kid. This and some Canadian cartoon about rescuers in airplanes were some of my favorite shows

just googled it and it's probably French. The name of the show is Flight Squad.