• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 15, 2017
I competely hear you, OP. One of the strongest games of all time, and I would love to have more of it. Heck, I'd love to just have the original easily accessible

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I actually liked the original translation and the original fonts....

I guess the next thing they might do Chrono Cross HD Remaster on PC. The PS1 version is SO jaggy.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love Chrono Trigger, I don't want any remasters/remakes for it unless it's done in graphics style of Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection PSP.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the original team isn't at Square anymore so theres nobody to champion it, plus it was never the kind of seller that demands sequel.

Historically speaking though, you have to respect it so any new entries or remakes would require a bigger budget than I am Setsuna or games of that range.

So yeah they'll do something eventually but there's plenty of reasons why they don't touch it.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
It's very unlikely that the people who made Trigger as memorable as it was will ever reunite again. Additionally, Kato doesn't seem interested in further pursuing the franchise after Cross, and the series seems to have disappointed Square since the DS release.

I thought he said he had a rough idea of where he would wanna go with it. He said he would have wanted to combine CT and CC's core cast togather.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I don't care for a remake, they should leave it the fuck alone. But i AM surprised they haven't done anything more with the franchise. It seems like a moneymaker.