• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
So, this just popped up on my Chrome home page:

War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Preview | RPG Site

War of the Visions leaves a good impression, but its staying power is uncertain.

Apparently, it's quite good too. Nobody is talking about this here on Era. Why? Other mobile gacha games have thriving OTs/discussion threads over here. It's kinda weird that this one, given the brand name, is making no buzz.

Greaf

Feb 26, 2018
It is a spinoff of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (which is a spinoff of Final Fantasy). It is a prequel in Ardra, a continent of Lapis (where FFBE Season 1 is).

It gives some answers from FFBE regarding some characters and what happened to this continent. The game is using Alchemist Code engine if I'm right with a heavy FFTactics inspiration. The second collab in Japanese version is FFTactics btw (the first being FFXIV Shadowbringers).

The game is doing pretty good in Japan actually, but most negative feedback is Pay2Win and Farm-hell. But hey, Global version will be different than JP version, as they are doing currently for FFBE. (there are good and bad parts on both versions. For example the Summon Fes in Japan is heavily P2W where in Global it's much better)

The game was officially announced in Square Enix E3 conference 2019 for the world.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Whoa, whoa, whoa...they made a new Final Fantasy Tactics?!?! I mean, I know it's not called that but it looks so much like it!
How have I not heard of this?
Because it's not out yet. They also had a FFT collab where you can get Ramza and Orlandeau.

Be aware its a premium gacha though, the quality is there but this also means that it is aimed at people who spends to keep it afloat. You can play it as a F2P player but this is a much longer road.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
The screen shots make it look good. But, does it have like 40 currencies all of which dont do anything except the one you pay real $ for? Most mobile games i give a shot, get 30 seconds in and see all the multiple currency bullshit and immediately delete.

Ketaya

Oct 25, 2017
Berlin
I mean... it's basically just a reskinned Alchemist Code. So if anyone wants to get a taste of what this will mostly be like, try that one.

OP
OP
Elven_Star

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I mean... it's basically just a reskinned Alchemist Code. So if anyone wants to get a taste of what this will mostly be like, try that one.
The guy in that preview says a lot of positive stuff about the story and production values. I'm perfectly fine with spending some money if the story is actually good as in comparable with War of the Lions which, I know, is a tall order.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody's talking about it because it isn't out in Global yet. It should be out next week, so I imagine the usual suspects in most gacha threads will try it out.

My experience with Alchemist Code does not make me think positively of it, though. Alchemist Code requires you pull a LOT OF DUPES of every unit to make them viable.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Basically this, only more greedy (if the Japanese version is any indication). Gumi will likely take things even further when the Global version is released.

I play a lot of gacha games (more than I should, really), but WotV is an immediate pass for me, unless they make some drastic changes to the Global release (which they likely won't).

Eterno

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
I played this quite a bit when it got out but dropped after a month or so. The story is fine and the Tactics vibe is nice. It was all great but then the F2P wall came real fast and it turned into a lot of grind and I could really see the pay2win aspect. Got bored of grinding and uninstalled.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like mobile pay to win garbage.
Maybe. Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is an extremely well done gacha title, in my opinion; the battles can be extremely difficult but utilizing what characters you happen to have is a really fun strategic element. There's nothing specifically gated off by a paywall, you generally simply have more options at your disposal. It's definitely a lot of fun and I've been playing for quite awhile.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As someone who plays Brave Exvius daily and FFT is one of my favorite games of all time: I really could not care any less for this game.

I know what it is. I know why it exists. And they are pushing it REALLY hard. But I cannot juggle more than one gacha at a time, there is no end-game of enjoyment for me from that game. I'm skipping it altogether.

I'm making a not-so-bold prediction that this thing flops, really, really hard.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who plays Brave Exvius daily and FFT is one of my favorite games of all time: I really could not care any less for this game.

I know what it is. I know why it exists. And they are pushing it REALLY hard. But I cannot juggle more than one gacha at a time, there is no end-game of enjoyment for me from that game. I'm skipping it altogether.

I mean FF already has like three other Gacha games, don't see why this would be the one to fail.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'll download it because it's got War of the Lion vibes, but I ain't spending any money. I just want a new real Tactics game.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017

Yeaaaaaah, I'm pre-registered, but reading more on it after I'm far less enthusiastic about it. On top of making the istake of keeping up with, now, 4... gacha games of different types.
FFBE
KOF AS
Fate GO (started this back in September)
Granblue Fantasy (I started this a week or two ago, god help me...)

To be fair, FGO and GBF I am super light on right now, but I'm winding down to just login bonuses for FFBE because Gumi's decisions have been not great lately and the events are even more grind than before. KOFAS is, at least, an active game that's fun, but once I'm done with the existing story missions I don't know how much active stuff I'll be doing it.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
There was a thread on it about a year ago, which I bumped last month when the trailer came out. I too thought it looked pretty good. Then people pointed out impressions from Reddit that did not paint a pretty picture.

Oct 31, 2017
I got tired of Brave Exvius because the story got horrible really fast, but honestly the music was phenomenal, and the tougher encounters actually required some decent strategy, and the CG was great.

I also never spent a single cent.

I'll try this out at midnight. I'm sure it'll be fun without spending money on it

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn! Let's go!

Edit: First off, incredible rendition of the main theme, nice

Edit edit: Damn, need to wait 35 more minutes

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
so, how is it? Not a fan of mobile gaming at all but if someone mentions Tactics Ogre vibes... well
uu9pmDP.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Off to a good start!

Edit: Never mind, the time is listed in PST, so I guess we still have a little under 40 minutes to go. Not sure why they didn't update it to PDT, but whatever.

OP
OP
Elven_Star

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
It's a mobile game, which Era doesn't consider real games.
I had been in that camp for the longest time myself. Recently, I tried some of the Apple Arcade stuff and they were decent. Also, mobile devices are so powerful now that ports are actually good. But yeah, I'm still not keen on mobile mobile games. Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre are my all-time favorites though. Couldn't say no to this.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I will add this to my list of daily games.

Assassins Creed Rebellion
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Dragon Quest.

Haven't spent a penny of real money on any of these games.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Alright fellas I'm rerolling with Mediana and I have the intent of hoarding until I get Orlandeau. I'm ready to pay up this time. If I don't get him I will delete this game from my memory

May 9, 2018
Finished up Chapter 1 Part 1: Even with the 1.5x speed you unlock from that, this game is slow and tedious as hell. I likely won't stick with it.

The grinding just to awaken lv. 2 units is absurd, and the quests which give you the items you need for those are not Skippable.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I find the game clunky as hell to control, the UI is a mess too, did like 10 story missions and deleted it.

The cutscene and va quality was pretty good for a phone game tho.