• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Why do they keep promoting these absolute dogshit games on their YouTube to millions of subscribers? Every once in a while they decide to upload a trailer for some half-assed Unity game that looks horrible and most of the time the trailer is just embarrassinly bad. Some years ago we had "Legend of the Black Tiger" or whatever...

I love how to the ambient sound just cuts off as the footage ends.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im not sure why it bothers you so much

immediately before that trailer they uploaded a Ghost Recon Breakpoint trailer if you'd rather watch that

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so you want them to show only the big AAA game trailers? gotta give love to the little guys so they can become big one day.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
What a strange thing to rip them for...

Who sets the bar for trailers? I would love to see the OP's rationale for what games should be on or which should be off.

OP
OP
Olaf

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a strange thing to rip them for...

Who sets the bar for trailers? I would love to see the OP's rationale for what games should be on or which should be off.
The Sony YouTube page is a massive advertising tool for small devs. I think it's ridiculous that this trailer got through. There should be some quality standard. If you are a small dev and get to show your trailer to 8 million subscribers, why not make the trailer actually good? It seems like zero effort went into this, so why publish it? The comments are all laughing both at the game and at Sony. Who exactly benefits here?

OP
OP
Olaf

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Way to trash the little guys.

If you ever make a game, how would you feel if a big publisher promoted your shit game?
I would actually put more then 5 minutes of effort in to the trailer! That's my point, why does Sony publish low quality trailers that get ridiculed in the comments? There are plenty of indie games that are probably not that great as games, but if they have a nice trailer they get a lot nicer feedback.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
WHAT is your PROBLEM with our Indie amigos, OP

fight me or better yet

PBA0kIK.gif

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Yeah I remember they uploaded trailers for that VizionEck game. I'm surprised they still do it.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I would actually put more then 5 minutes of effort in to the trailer! That's my point, why does Sony publish low quality trailers that get ridiculed in the comments? There are plenty of indie games that are probably not that great as games, but if they have a nice trailer they get a lot nicer feedback.

You should probably DM the devs and offer your services as a wild-styling trailer maker.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
What is going on tonight?

They are promoting games on the system. This is a good thing or at least neutral. You don't have to watch.

MainMain

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2019
Shujin Academy
There's a couple reasons as to why these trailers are published:
-Devs can pay for their trailers to be published on Sony's Playstation Youtube channel.
-Sony knows it's bad and publishes it for the joke value alone.
-Some 4D chest Sony is playing with this.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
It does kind of bug me, but I guess I just have to unsub from them, they really do crowd up my subs list with weird garbage things.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I think OP is pissed because the game doesn't follow the Sony Template(tm).

Or does it?

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly okay with the smaller game trailers they put up because there are occasionally some gems in there, but that trailer in the OP is really bad haha. Shows virtually nothing that would even remotely sell someone on wanting to buy it.

Aug 27, 2018

Why do they keep promoting these absolute dogshit games on their YouTube to millions of subscribers? Every once in a while they decide to upload a trailer for some half-assed Unity game that looks horrible and most of the time the trailer is just embarrassinly bad. Some years ago we had "Legend of the Black Tiger" or whatever...

Dogshit games have their uses, have you ever watched Aris (AvoidingThePuddle) play Crying is not Enough? It's incredible.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'm sure there's some contract agreement that if Sony accepts your game for PSN, you get to put a trailer on their page with their splash graphics. As long as the trailer isn't inappropriate, I doubt Sony cares, and there not the ones making these trailers.

Basically, I don't see the issue.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's funny, some people here would have you believe that curated platforms accept only the cream of the crop for their storefront.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
That's funny, some people here would have you believe that curated platforms accept only the cream of the crop for their storefront.
PSN stopped being a curated platform when Adam Boyes came aboard at the end of the PS3 era. It will accept just about any that's not broken and can get a rating as long as the dev is willing to pay for the devkit and the publishing fees.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
They're doing better than they're doing with https://live.playstation.com/ site, which USED to offer crappy rewards like awful themes, and at one point 10%-20% off PSN vouchers, it's been "temporarily" under construction for about a year or more now, if you go there now, any good browser will tell you that the site isn't safe, despite it being an official Sony site.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
if you go there now, any good browser will tell you that the site isn't safe, despite it being an official Sony site.

this warning is merely an expired cert (on 1st september)....a renewal of the cert from a public CA should suffice....but i do agree. they should do something about that sub domain...

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, not every dev team has a video editing department or the monetary means to hire a team.
But let's not pretend this is good either.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Shovelware defence force assemble

Sony don't care, you paid for the advertisement package that includes your game on the youtube channel, you get exactly that.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017

and how is this even a trailer?

Sony spare the eyes of your millions of subscribers!!!