• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which teem superhero academy would you recommend?

• Teen Titans Academy

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Young Justice

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Justice Society of America

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Young Avengers

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Avengers Academy

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • U.A High School

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Others

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Say you're a teenaged superhero who thinks they would have better luck going at it with a team. There are a lot of options out there for academies that you could join.

Teen Titans Academy
images

Justice Society of America (2000s)
220px-Justice_Society_of_America-vol3-1.jpg

Young Justice (1st volume)
images

Avengers Academy
Avengers_Academy.jpg

Young Avengers (Civil War Initiate)
latest

U.A. High School (My Hero Academia)
11708979761623914780.jpeg

Or did you have something else in mind like Team Teen or some of the rebellious groups like The Runaways. Would you consider Xavier's School as a superhero group? Or are you a fan of the Sky High movie?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UA Cause I love anime and manga not this western crap tbh

Domino

Oct 25, 2017
If said hero is queer, then the Young Avengers it's essentially a requirement to join the squad lol.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like most "schools for young heroes" are just farms for bodies whenever the next cataclysm strikes. How many generations of Titans and X-Men and so on have been cut down like a field of wheat?

JSA feels like an actual community group with a large pool of mentors, and they're kind of out of the limelight and seem like a good organization to get experience and be protected from any major threats. Otherwise, I'm squatting with the Runaways in a tunnel somewhere, or just straight up going solo and hoping for the best.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only academy I know anything about here is UA, and UA sucks. Rather be on the Teen Titans or Young Justice and just go to a normal school.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Which one am I most likely to survive? I love the X-Men and Teen Titans but they don't have the best track record...

Love the Runaways but their death rate isn't great either. I can't remember any Young Avenger dying. Maybe I'll chill with them.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
At least currently the Krakoian equivalent of the Xavier School means you don't die, unlike most of the others.

I guess the Young Avengers have a fairly high survival rate too.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
UA has Minata and Mr explosion so that automatically gets disqualified.

I'd have loved to go to school with Kate Bishop though.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like most "schools for young heroes" are just farms for bodies whenever the next cataclysm strikes. How many generations of Titans and X-Men and so on have been cut down like a field of wheat?

This is pretty much why I'd go with UA. If you aren't an important legacy in DC or Marvel, it's likely you'll get murked at some point or another.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow comics closely enough to actually know which ones had good survival rates, but I IIRC Wolverine's Jean Gray School was at least founded under the ideal that "we shouldn't be sending kids into combat," so in theory they should've been better. Although it's comics, so presumably combat found them (and since Cyclops Is Always Right, I wouldn't be surprised if it was horrific just to show that no, you do need to send kids into combat so they're ready for the real world or whatever).

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
No UA for me, I'm not trying to become a cop.

JSA feels like it would get up to some fun adventures

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
UA will literally use you as a child soldier to defend some copaganda bullshit system where heroes torturing their spouse and children for decades is considered to be irrelevant family drama.

So, uh, not that one.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Phew... I was worried you'd put Charles Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters in your poll.
That place gets mauled like every 6 months.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UA has issues but I'm pretty sure the students don't get horribly murdered all the time...

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No Xavier Institute?
Rigged!!!!

P.S Hazmat is like the only member of the Avengers Academy who is still going in any meaningful manner?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
the correct answer is Xavier's school for the gifted,

but in the abscense of that I would choose the one where I am

A) less likely to die
&
B) more likely to make a difference without being super OP

Which really just leaves UA academy, copaganda and super awful random "heroes" (i.e. Minata) be damned. General Studies and Support teams look pretty fun and don't have nearly the pressure that the "1" hero track students have.

Mesoian

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
This is pretty much why I'd go with UA. If you aren't an important legacy in DC or Marvel, it's likely you'll get murked at some point or another.

I mean the only reason why you wouldn't get immediately murked at UA is because everyone in the world has super powers so it's just seen as a somewhat Prestigeous school, so you can just float if you want.

But every single one of these are bad decisions, but the safest/the one you get the most out of is probably Young Justice. Individual teachers, excellent facilities, actual mentorship from super heroes that are capable enough to make sure you don't die, and you only go there if you're strong enough to become a major element of change in the future anyway.

the correct answer is Xavier's school for the gifted,

It did tend to get blown up a lot...

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Actually I changed my mind. They've got schools on Krakoa right? I'd be down for that.
Immortality āœ“
The Green Lagoon āœ“
Hellfire Gala āœ“
Emma Frost āœ“

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Being a Support Course student at UA looks really fun. Can I swap out my superpower for enough talent to join that course?

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
U.A. for sure.

I don't know much about any of the others, but I don't think it'd influence my decision if I did.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
UA at the very least seems to do a solid job teaching things besides superheroing; and notably, even with big supervillain attacks, there have been no student casualties.