• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Topics.

• Flight?

Votes: 30 16.7%
  • SuperSpeed?

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Fast Swimming & Breathe Underwater?

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Wall Climbing & Organic web?

• Rich(?)

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Warp/Teleport?

Votes: 117 65.0%
  • Can speak/understand all The languages (Include Animals?)

• Total voters

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Cut out the middleman and gimme teleportation.

Though being rich would come in handy too.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Teleportation is my wish since heroes was out and also jumper lol.

Just fascinates me to end where I could go with it.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Teleportation, but the Dr. Strange type with portals.
You could do so much creative shit.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Warp is simultaneously the most boring yet right answer. However is there a risk that we teleport into something and die?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Teleport sounds fun into you accidentally teleport yourself half way through a wall or person.

Warp is simultaneously the most boring yet right answer. However is there a risk that we teleport into something and die?

They all have risks. Like if something happens to you while flying and you go unconscious and fall to your death. Same for climbing. running you could trip and fall at super speed, I don't think that'd end well for you. And swimming there's a bunch of things that can kill you in the water.

Last edited:

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
If it's with portals like Dr. Strange, then fuck yes. Just don't let it close on your legs. if its like Jumper or Nightcrawler, then fuck no, you could end materializing in a building cause you didn't realize Starbucks open a new franchise on a roof or some shit.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
In this world being rich is always nice.
You can go anywhere on your private jet in absolute luxury.

But teleportation is the answer.
Theres no way I wouldnt use this power for evil though.

5ZRtejW.gif

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fuck all of those, I wanna be able to speak any language fluently on a whim.

Even WITHOUT the travel context, this is my dream superpower.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
Teleport sounds fun into you accidentally teleport yourself half way through a wall or person.

They all have risks. Like if something happens to you while flying and you go unconscious and fall to your death. Same for climbing. running you could trip and fall at super speed, I don't think that'd end well for you. And swimming there's a bunch of things that can kill you in the water.

but you woukd always have to teleport yourself into something

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
The issue with superpowers is that they all come with crazy risks that are never dealt with in comic books stuff.

Like flight? How about the fact that the body is built for surviving at certain air concentration levels that decrease higher up? Planes have pressurized cabins, military guys who do jumps bring oxygen with them, people who climb mountains have to train for the reduced air density and bring oxygen, etc. What about flying into waves of insects or a bird at high speed without the protective casing of a giant metal tube around you?

Or super speed? What happens when you trip and face plant into the pavement at 500km/h? Or if you run into something? I bump into people and things just doing regular walking, trip on a sidewalk or curb because I didn't lift my feet enough, what if that happened at the speed of a plane or train or faster? I would rip my shoulder off bumping into a doorway, or tear off my foot/shatter my ankle tripping on a curb.

Teleportation, what if you teleport into something (a moving car, a person, a tree). Swimming into a fishing net or a boat engine or a sharks mouth? These are all horrifying events that just never get accounted for. And taking a sole power without all the other aspects of being a super hero (like being indestructible, being able to breathe in a vacuum, having regenerative healing etc) is way too risky.

Give me rich person money and I'll just deal with regular human problems with a financial buffer. Seems safer.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
For solely getting around, teleport seems like the obvious choice, but being rich helps in so many other ways that I'd take that instead.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'd like the ability to teleport to any location I've visited previously.

Wouldn't completely kill the excitement of travel/exploration, but would make it super convenient to get around to favored hotspots.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Warping.

If you can warp others (I see no reason why you shouldn't. I assume I'm not leaving my clothes and hair behind anytime I warp) you can make yourself rich and then go into hiding.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Teleportation. But flight sounds nice too. But with teleportation you could help so many people if you can take other objects with you.

Also imagine the amount of money you could make by transporting cargo over the atlantic.

Last edited:

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Electrical manipulation. Travel by literally moving through powerlines/static discharge.

But yeah, rich too please.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Wormhole manipulation. There are so many more things you can do with that than just travel.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like a waste vs teleportation?

Why put a limit such as electricity on where you can go.

The negatives of teleportation seem a lot more fatal than manipulation of existing lines.

Teleportation is strong, but the idea of telefragging or reforming within solid material due to a simple lapse in judgment always seems like too much of a risk.

At least with static discharge and using something like a lighting burst to move means you won't die if you fuck up, you'll just leave a big hole.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The obvious pick would be teleporting. But being able to travel underwater would be cool, until you get killed by a shark.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I have 900+ days on Duolingo with my current streak. It helps with vocab, but not really grammer. It also isn't going to be very useful for idioms, slang, etc...

Ah yes. I have expressed that duolingo doesn't always give you the why something is done, you just have to guess or look up more info on your own. Major perks when you know a native speaker who you can riff off of and ask questions.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The negatives of teleportation seem a lot more fatal than manipulation of existing lines.

Teleportation is strong, but the idea of telefragging or reforming within solid material due to a simple lapse in judgment always seems like too much of a risk.

At least with static discharge and using something like a lighting burst to move means you won't die if you fuck up, you'll just leave a big hole.

You displace the matter when you arrive, so you couldnt accidentally kill yourself.....other people, well......unlucky.

Since its comicbook logic, you teleport with your clothes and whatever you want that you are in contact with....a secondary ability would have to be knowing if where you are going actually has space for you.
So you cant accidentally teleport yourself into a safe thats too small for your body.
This has become the gold standard for teleporting fights/characters.

Too right.
I never even thought of doing Teleportation from the users perspective, pretty much all other teleportation in media we see the user vanish and reappear, Shimazaki we see the rest of the world vanish and he reappears in the new location.

Instant-translation. Give me the ability to instantly know any language.

For travel?
So you still have to pay for the trip, and wait on the plane to get to the destination where you can speak whatever language?
Super powers....you chose being able to speak to people?

Yeah Im good.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
For travel?
So you still have to pay for the trip, and wait on the plane to get to the destination where you can speak whatever language?
Super powers....you chose being able to speak to people?

I might be the only person who finds airports and plane travel relaxing, so sure.

Some of my favorite travel memories have been times where I've interacted with locals using broken English (a museum in Macau, a ramen shop at 2am in a non touristy Tokyo neighborhood, small towns in Korea, etc...). Part of the fun of traveling is trying to get to know the people who live in that place. There's more to travel than just sightseeing.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I might be the only person who finds airports and plane travel relaxing, so sure.

Some of my favorite travel memories have been times where I've interacted with locals using broken English (a museum in Macau, a ramen shop at 2am in a non touristy Tokyo neighborhood, small towns in Korea, etc...). Part of the fun of traveling is trying to get to know the people who live in that place. There's more to travel than just sightseeing.

I take it reasons you skipped Rich as a super power is because you already got that covered.

Travelling the world is only fun for a while, then it becomes a chore doing the whole airport schlog.
I still link airports with good memories so I dont loathe them.....but youre giving me a super power.

Being able to understand how broke I am isnt one I really want.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
As much as I'd love to see the world from the air, I'll pick teleport, because I don't know how fast I'm flying, and thus flying from Phoenix to New York will probably take a really long time.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
As much as I'd love to see the world from the air, I'll pick teleport, because I don't know how fast I'm flying, and thus flying from Phoenix to New York will probably take a really long time.

Since the other abilities like teleportation are so powerful I'm assuming the flight ability is Superman "faster than a speeding bullet" level & even though it's way less practical than teleporting I still picked flight as I'd enjoy life a lot more that way.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Haha, I wish. I'm a teacher though, so definitely not.

Mate we are giving you super powers and you want to be able to speak to people.
You cant even afford to travel constantly with your job.

Teleportation, if youve got a free weekend, thats a weekend on the other side of the planet, and you can still make it back in time for dinner Sunday to prep for the week.

Home alone watching "your favorite sport here" see a free seat?
Teleport to it enjoy the atmosphere, once done you are back on the same couch you started the "match/game" on.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Mate we are giving you super powers and you want to be able to speak to people.
You cant even afford to travel constantly with your job.

Teleportation, if youve got a free weekend, thats a weekend on the other side of the planet, and you can still make it back in time for dinner Sunday to prep for the week.

Home alone watching "your favorite sport here" see a free seat?
Teleport to it enjoy the atmosphere, once done you are back on the same couch you started the "match/game" on.

As a single dude in a city where rent isn't too bad, I can definitely afford to travel whenever I have free time.

It's a cliche, but one of the things I like about traveling is the journey itself.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If I have to go with yours I'll just go Rich, since it's helpful for other things.

Besides the power I would actually want if given a choice (shadow manipulation) usually has multiple travel options built in depending on strength and ruleset, but as secondaries to the more important things I would actually want superpowers for.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Teleport, although I would love the fly if i was guranteed it wouldnt make me sweat or ruin my hair too much.

Would be amazing for day to day life. Skipping the work commute every day to and from the office, getting ready for a weekend night out? Get ready then relax for a bit and then immediately teleport to where pre drinks is

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Like what?

Arent Wormholes just tunnels in space-time?
Wormhole manipulation implies they can be whatever you want it to be at an instant, not just some theoretical definition about 2 holes in space. For example, I can do the previously said "create 2 holes in space" thing for travel to literally anywhere I want. If someone's about to punch me, I can throw it back at him. I can also use it to send back bullets. If I was evil, well, I don't want to make it all gruesome, but it'll involved severed body parts. I could also use it to push someone into the sun or any other star in the universe.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flight would be the most pratical as long as you remember to rug up. It's fucking cold up there.

Teleportation sounds cool until you remember that the Earth is moving constantly and you're essentially risking your life every time you use your power by trying to land on a moving pinhead. One slip up and you've teleported yourself into a wall, or a couple of km underground, or into the vacuum of space.