• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I pay for Max yearly which makes it slightly cheaper and I've been a Spotify subscriber for literally a decade.

Everything else gets churned month by month. Too much stuff out there to justify paying for more than 2-3 subs at a time.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
While I enjoy the Disney bundle; I watch the 3 included apps maybe once or twice a week combined. The only subscription is truly fee is worth my money & I get the most out of is Shudder.

I watch Shudder almost every single day & really love both their catalog & original content. It's such a phenomenal service. If they ever get a partnership with Scream Factory; it'd would never be surpassed for me.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I pay for:

Game Pass Ultimate (for myself and both daughters)
PSN
Netflix
Disney+
Amazon Prime (actually the wife pays for this)

I get passwords from friends for Hulu, HBO, & Apple TV. I literally never watch these.

I would drop Netflix in a heartbeat but my family watches it a lot. Amazon Prime is just a bonus we get for paying for free shipping. If I could decrease the cost of that and drop Prime I would.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Shudder! I have too many services now but I'd keep that one if I had to pick one.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Game Pass Ultimate
Prime (unfortunately)
Spotify
Netflix (but I don't pay for it)
Youtube+ (I got a free trial with Game Pass, but I can't bring myself to cancel it)

May 14, 2021
Gamepass, Spotify, Netflix, and HBO Max are all worth it to me. I also got Paramount Plus last month for 1.5 years for 96 cents. So even if I just watch one movie or show on it, it was worth it.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Cineworld Unlimited, Game Pass and Spotify are my absolute big ones

Also Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Crunchyroll

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon, PS+, Nintendo Online (Family), Costco, Unity Pro, and I think we also have a couple educational subscriptions.

evilgenius

Dec 12, 2020
Apple One, Netflix, prime (36 euros/year here),Nowtv(sky, but I'm going to cancel it),Disney +(shared with other 3),Gamepass and Nintendo Online

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Disney+, HBO, Prime Video, and Netflix for shows and movies
PS+ for games
Youtube premium for youtube

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Game Pass
Amazon Prime
MLB.tv

Those are my onlies. I will pick up some other ones on deep discount for a month or two. But otherwise that's it.

EDIT: I'm also strangely thinking about CNN+? Since it is locked in at $3/month for life that seems reasonable to me for a channel that gives me news shows and also will be able to stream all the big world events live. I do sometimes miss out on watching things like that because I don't have cable or anything.

Anthanes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gym: $25
Spotify: $5
Google Drive: $1.99
Apple iCloud: $1

I cut out Amazon Prime after I realized I barely even use the service. Everything else is pretty much an essential though.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Game Pass (PC)
PlayStation Plus
Final Fantasy XIV (Legacy)
WTFast (for access to JP PSO2NGS)
Konami eAmusement Basic Course (IIDX AC perks)
Konami Game Station subscription (IIDX Infinitas)
Amazon Prime
YouTube Premium
Loopcloud (music production stuff)
Google One
Uber One/Eats Pass

Lotta gaming-related ones, in hindsight

Last edited:

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
YouTube premium. Not having to deal with ads is a godsend. I know there are ways around it on specific devices but the fact that I can just load up my account on any device and have no ads, it's very much worth it.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon Prime (for expensive stuff and when I have to order a lot a of things), Disney+, Netflix (I don't pay for this), Hulu (I don't pay for this, but this seems barely worth it for even so), and PlayStation Plus.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Hulu is the only one that I use constantly.
Netflix after that
Disney + is decent but I already saw all those movies
HBO Max is getting less use but I get it free so I can't really complain
Amazon Prime.... lol

Crunchyroll will be worth it once they finally fix that fucking app.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Of the things I currently have subscriptions to…

Must have:
- Spotify
- iCloud 200gb storage (family)

Nice to have:
- Netflix 4K
- Amazon Prime: although I only really care about the delivery aspect. The video / music / twitch stuff is garbage and I wish I could pay less without all that added junk. Amazon Prime Video (at least in Canada) has some of the crappiest content wrapped in the worst app / interface I've ever used.
- YouTube Premium: worth it if you get VPN pricing otherwise I would never pay for this and would look for other means to get around the ridiculously oppressive advertising Google has now stuffed into YouTube

Useless:
- Nintendo Switch Online
- PlayStation Plus: barely anything worth playing on PS5 to begin with and the free games for like a year now has been pretty mediocre.
- Disney+ (Free year): Literally nothing I want to watch on here except early Simpsons
- Apple TV+ (Free trial)

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
While the budget isn't high, I've gotten the most use out of my Dropout subscription out of everything I have.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
-Apple Music: Totally worth it since the moment they added Losless music, Atmos, 3D audio support, etc without increasing the pricing. Shame there isn't much external support for HIFI devices like what TIDAL do.

- Scrib: This is a no-brainer for me for reading and listening books, if you dont mind reading on a tablet sometimes. Shame it is quite limited for E-books support.

-HBO MAX: Good movies and TV series, cheap enough.

-Gamepass: Come on...

-TIDAL: Only if you are an audiophile with HiFI rigs like DACs, AMPS, High End headphones, etc.

-ROOM: This thing is epic, obviously for audiophile users like me. The interface is "La Crème de La Crème" in term of aesthetic, depth, and artist discoveries; like having a vinyl digitally.

What subscriptions don't worth it for me? Netflix..

At least in Latin America, this shit is wack and utter expensive. Almost 20 bucks per month for 4k (and the 4k content is limited) when the competition offers wayyyy cheaper options? Let's not talk about their lackluster Originals lineup except for a few ones, old movies, etc.

Edit: Forgot how bad PS plus is. And Ain't paying to play online anymore.

Last edited:

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
GF and I have Dropout and it's worth it for Dimension 20 alone.

That being said, it's a pretty cheap subscription service that we end up using for three shows (the other two being Game Changer and Um, Actually) so it's not like I'd put it above something like Disney+.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
HBO Max and Game Pass are my favorites. Almost every show I watched as a kid is on Max, so whenever I'm in mood for a childhood favorite that's what I watch. And Game Pass often introduces me to many games I might've otherwise skip, especially now that I can try something without downloading.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Disney+ and HBO Max.

I have a few other subscriptions via other family, but right now those are the ones I get the most usage out of.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I just subscribe and cancel whatever video service I want immediately. When a show releases I want...say Loki...I wait til it's done then buy and cancel immediately so I have a month to watch it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
grubhub+

its 10 dollars a month, but they also give you 10 dollars of pickup credit every month

i don't get delivery super often, but when i do it saves me like 6 bucks in delivery fees

since i save on fees i throw the delivery drivers 30% tips

that plus other perks makes it worth it, but if they ever dropped the pickup credit i'd probably drop it

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I have quite a few but get most discounted in some way. All the ones I have are definitely worth it for me or my family. Personally, I could live without Spotify and Netflix most months but then I'd be getting complaints from my family.

Media:
Netflix (Get 100% cashback)
Spotify (Get 100% cashback)
Youtube Premium (super cheap with India VPN, 3 months are like $5 or something)
Disney+ Yearly Sub

Games:
PS+ Get when on sale, have years stacked up
GamePass Ultimate - Did the trick to get it cheap that required VPN for 3 years worth

Other:
TorGuard VPN
Microsoft 365 (Mostly for OneDrive, Office is nice too, can usually get a bit of a discount of the yearly sub online)

Let my Nintendo Online and Pokemon Home subs expire recently since I wasn't actively using them. Might resub at some point if it feels like it offers value to me again.

I might have Apple TV+ too, think I got 3 or 6 months free with PS5 but have only used it to watch Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest.

Last edited:

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Netflix, Disney Plus, and o'reilly….I think those are basically worth paying a subscription.

O'reilly is the most expensive and my company covers the cost. Well worth the price if you can get it on black friday. I've already read/completed a few books and plan to keep reading more.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Netflix
Prime
Comedy Bang Bang World
Playstation plus
Marvel Unlimited
The Wolverine
With Gourley and Rust

Dec 19, 2021
Things I keep going all the time:
Kindle Unlimited - I read way more because of it
Youtube Premium - I watch YouTube on my tv all the time
HBOMax - They have less content than Netflix but I like what they have more
Spotify - I keep music going pretty much all day
Apple News+ - It does a good enough job keeping me informed and I stopped needing to visit a dozen different sites

Things I start and stop as necessary:
ATV+
Netflix
Disney+
Hulu Premium
Paramount+
Gamepass
Amazon Prime

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
By ranking of worthness personally:
1.Gamepass
2.Amazon Prime
3.HBO Max
4.Disney+
5.Amazon Music
6.Netflix
7.NSOnline

My whole family uses the services. So they're are pretty worth it. We try to save as much money as possible by sharing them together.

Gamepass is really dang good. Did that 3 years gold conversion, plus extended it a bit with deals. Saved a lot of money there. Like my family and I together probably played $1000's worth of games from it over the years and paid less than $200 total for it. Makes you feel like a dirty pirate sometimes. When people say it's illegal, they aren't kidding.

I don't watch streaming services too much, but HBO Max has some nice stuff on it, by far my favorite streaming service. Lots of cartoons that I like to go back to too. Amazing world of Gumball is awesome.

Disney+ also has a lot of cartoons, Pixar, and starwars stuff that's nice to watch sometimes.

Netflix is the least used by me, I don't like most of the original stuff they have. Others use it more than I do though.

My family orders a ton through Amazon with prime. We don't like it, but it's just plain cheaper and more convenient than other places for a lot of everyday things. The prime games and prime video are a nice bonus too.

Amazon music is cheaper than all the other services since we have a prime sub. Only $5.99 a month (If I remember right). I mainly use it myself to check out new stuff.

As for NSOnline, we have the family plan and play online on the switch pretty often, so it's just a sub that has to be. It's pretty cheap though so whatever. Even got it cheaper than the regular sub through deals online. Occasionally hop onto the NES/Snes apps as well.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
HBO Max (€4) and Amazon Prime(€6) since they are both so much cheaper than Netflix here, i use my parents Netflix login.
Having free shipping and a twitch sub included with Amazon prime is also nice bonus.

Then i also have Gamepass and Spotify.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
HBOMax and I just started a year sub on GQ magazine(US edition), hope that one is worth it. I just have hard time reading books these days because of bad eyes, so hoping reading a good magazine might be easier. I miss reading.