• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What streaming service do I need to add?

• HBO Max

Votes: 91 92.9%
  • Peacock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple TV+

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other (Name choice in comments)

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
We got rid of cable TV awhile ago and only have a few streaming services between us.

Disney+ (Hulu, ESPN+)
Netflix
Paramount+
Prime

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Look for the show you want to watch - get that service - Watch that show - cancel that service.

Repeat.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It depends on what you like. But I will say that HBO Max has a ton of good stuff to watch.

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what you want, but HBO Max has a good assortment of stuff across a wide range of genres. Good TV shows, good documentaries, good movies, etc.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I believe you can still redeem a 4 month free trial of Apple TV on the Target Circle app, and if you have an Apple Family account, each member of your family can extend everyone for another 4 months each time it runs out. Same goes for the free 6 months of Apple Arcade.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I would definitely go for Apple, but they do have a very serious Jon Hamm problem. Hopefully it is addressed soon.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
None.

Just subscribe as needed. Unless you're watching each streaming platform regularly throughout the month, it's really a waste a money to have a bunch of services at once.

Dec 19, 2021
HBO Max has the strongest content library of all streaming services IMO

If you're a horror movie fan AMC+ is an under-the-radar option too that you can get really cheap with their sales.

OP
OP
hwalker84

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
None.

Just subscribe as needed. Unless you're watching each streaming platform regularly throughout the month, it's really a waste a money to have a bunch of services at once.
I hardly watch anything to be honest. Kinda am interested in Peacemaker. My wife pays for Hulu and watches it daily. Me I'm an occasional at best streamer.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Personally out of the poll options I think HBO Max has by far the best catalog. A little bit of everything in there.

Oct 27, 2017
None.

basically nobody does what you're describing so this isn't really useful advise. people subscribe so they have access to a library of content. even if they may not use it all the time, the access is the goal. the ability to decide one night "hey lets watch a thing" and maybe they'll go and find a thing on a service. managing your subscriptions in the way you describe is pretty ludicrous for most people.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, the major streaming services are Netflix, Prime, Disney+, and HBOMax, and I think anyone with at least two of those will have enough entertainment to last them the rest of their lives.

But as far as sheer amount of quality content, it's hard to beat HBOMax, so that's definitely your next stop. Apple TV+ has some good stuff, but there's just not that much of it.

May 14, 2021
HBO kicks the living shit out of all the other choices combined. I'm not even exaggerating. Apple has some good shows, but they're few and far between at this point. Get a free month sub and watch all they have and then do it again in a year.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Honestly, HBO Max has a lot of content with some great legacy content and some hit and miss modern content with more hits than misses. Apple+ has a small library but it is pretty curated and there's a lot of interesting content, and it's pretty cheap compared to everyone else. It's hard to recommend The Cock. It has a few good shows, like The Office, but I don't watch it much. I probably will let it lapse when my sub comes up honestly.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Drop Paramount+ and get HBO. Far better original content and I just get a nasty feeling paying a regular network money to stream shit (paramount, peacock, etc).

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Honestly, I think you're more than covered already. Every now and then sometime will drop on HBO that might be worthwhile and you can do a temporary sub.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I feel like you're probably good with what you got. Sign up for HBO once in a while, catch up on Succession and CYE and then cancel. I don't think HBO has enough good quality new consitent content to stay subbed all year round...though TBF, most of them don't.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I like Apple TV+ content a lot, and if you already use Apple Music and iCloud, then it's a good deal to just take the 15 Euro Apple One sub and get it, but HBO Max is the clear winner here. The HBO content alone is worth it, and the added Max Originals as well as legacy content is just great. It's a good deal.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
of those, HBO Max, great back catalog, good new movies. I think HBO Max is probably the best streaming service in general, I think NEtflix is a given, but HBO Max is right there with it.

AppleTV is good for their new shows, but you can sub for a month and then be done with it.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
HBO max easily

My second favorite sub service (First being D+)

Plenty of tv shows, movies and anime as well

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Yeah like said, depends on what you want to watch. But generally these days I find HBO Max to be the best service out there if you really feel like you need another one.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
HBO has massive amounts of quality content. It's a no brainer. That being said - I would sub to Apple+ for at least a month or two to watch their stuff. They have really great shows-but not a massive amount. You could sub a month or two a year and watch them all.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
If you like horror, Shudder is pretty good. Tubi ain't bad either, and that's free.

MaxEverblack

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Iowa
We currently have:
Youtube Premium w/ YT Music for my whole family
Disney+
Hulu w/ Ads (for my wifes shows)
Paramount+ (mainly for nick jr and Ghosts)
HBO Max (the best streaming service imo)
Discovery+ 6 month trial (I love Food Network, wish it was cheaper)
EDIT: Forgot Netflix (I never use it, the rest of the fam does)

I also pay for Marvel Unlimited & DC Infinite.