• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing else to do. And honestly, it's what I usually do. Local drive in theater is playing a double feature of Poltergeist(spoopy) and Tenet(not spoopy but I've been meaning to see it).

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My partner and I have watched a lot this month.

The first 4 Friday the 13th films.

All the Saw films except the more recent Jigsaw movie.

The first 2 Nightmare of Elm Street films.

The Original Child's Play.

The Original IT mini series, in addition to the two IT feature films.

All the Addams Family films, including the recent animated film.

And we both took a 4 day weekend, so more is happening.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Thinking of watching Nightmare Before Christmas since it's been a while (though I guess that can be a Christmas movie too)

Also not a movie, but I've been playing Luigi's Mansion 3, and it's the spoopiest game ever made

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
I watched The Ritual the other night, was a pretty well made and enjoyable film but low on the spooks for me.

Watched It Follows last night and liked it a lot more, was definitely wary being outside with my dog tonight for any strangers beelining it for me. Yeesh.

Sarevok

Jul 13, 2020
Going for The Babysitter: Killer Queen.
Watch first part a few times and always enjoyed it.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Jacob's Ladder and Little Shop of Horrors.
Always try to go with with a heavy one and a more light hearted one.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Host and Sinister for us - my wife saw a poll that rated that the scariest movie ever apparently.

Mar 21, 2018
Made my girlfriend watch The Thing tonight. She was a bit meh about it and I have to admit it hasn't held up as well as I remember but it's the still pretty unsettling. The practical effects are still unrivaled.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
I've just been watching random ones depending on what I feel like.

Nightmare 3
Halloween 2018
Lake Mungo
Sleepaway Camp
A few silent horrors

May 24, 2019
I've got:
goG8yQ4.jpg

then:
IxWY6M2.jpg

The 4D is a smoke machine.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 6 month old baby and a 5 year old always at home now, so probably skipping out on the horror movie marathon this year. It's too hard to watch movies that are inappropriate for them unless I lose sleep over it. However, I have been making my way through Lovecraft Country when the kids go to bed, which counts I guess. About 1 episode a night.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of scary movies and I have two very small children at home. We watched the animated adaptation of Room on the Broom.

I also watched the Halloween(ish) episode of The Goes Wrong Show, which is hilarious:

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
So far we've watched sweeney todd, nightmare before christmas, and hocus pocus. If you can't tell we are into the campy "scary" movies lol

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Closing out the month with Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, The Guest, and The Shining. Plus a couple more Treehouse of Horrors and the last few episodes of The Haunting of Bly Manor.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the conjuring again last night. What a great horror flick, really one of the best of the last ten years. That "she's standing behind the door"'scene, is just fucking perfection. The clap, so many great scares in the movie. Plus the music, my god those heavy strings are so god damn effective. The only thing i didnt like was that doggy dies, she didnt deserve that :( she only deserved scritches and treats.

conjuring 2 as well, god they are both so good. The whole "my house" scene in the bedroom
Is almost as good as the door scene from the first. Plus the nun in the office, god it was so scary yet effective

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Planning for Paranorman.

...possibly also The Lady in White. It's a B movie, but it's local to where I grew up and surprisingly solid despite everything.