• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I don't read comics often but after youtube bombarding me with spectacular spider-man clips i've had enough, i want something that uses similar energy and tells a great story with the characters since i'll never get spectacular closure

MV5BMWZmYTI4MDctMzU4OC00ODJmLTkwMTgtYjRmMDRkMzc3NWZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

any recs?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You'd probably want to go Ultimate Spider-Man, which similarly focused on teenage Peter interacting with all of the classic characters, who are slightly remixed in the adaptation.

That or the original Lee/Ditko run, which is classic but pretty antiquated at this point.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say Ultimate Spiderman is pretty close. The Ultimate universe had a lot of problems, but Ultimate Spiderman was consistently good for almost its entire run. Some of the characterization is going to be different, but its definitely worth a read.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I echo finding a collection of the original Lee/Ditko run, the pacing is brisk compared to modern comics and nearly every issue introduces a new villain early on.

The Great Power Epic collection I is $20 on Kindle right now: has ASM1-17 and a few other issues.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah ultimate spidey or the og lee/ditko run if you can handle all those fucking thought bubbles!

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've been told to recommend Marvel Adventures Spider-Man by a reliable source (get well soon Sou Da).

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
See if they have a collection of Untold Tales of Spiderman