• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sony products in your somewhat daily life?

• PlayStation

Votes: 767 77.9%
  • TV

Votes: 340 34.6%
  • Home theater device

Votes: 120 12.2%
  • Personal audio device

Votes: 164 16.7%
  • Camera

Votes: 59 6.0%
  • Phone

Votes: 63 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 100 10.2%

• Total voters
Feb 1, 2018
81TzTAx8weL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Currently situated on my head

The GOAT

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I have a Sony TV mounted above my monitors in my home office for sports/netflix but that's about it for daily use.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
In the 80s and 90s Sony was the shit. I had a walkman, stereo, discman, tv, computer monitor, etc. Sony back then is what Apple is now.

I have never bought a Sony HDTV and I have no plan to in the near future. The only Sony hardware I have bought in the last 20 years has been their consoles, of which I own all of except the Vita.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation, TV, home theater device (soundbar), and other (speaker) for me. I would consider phone, too, if they'd actually release them here.

It used to be if you wanted a "nice TV" you bought a Sony. Period. Sony was the go-to. And sure, they still have some great options - but the race-to-the-bottom of high end features, use of a small select few panel manufacturers, prevelence of OLED, and boom of korean brands in the last decade or so I feel has made Sony feel like a distant second-tier player in the space for the average shopper.
Super disagree with this. On paper, the other brands look better, but in actual use, Sony TVs feel way the hell more premium.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6:00am
i wake to the soothing sounds of adult contemporary on my Sony Dream Macine ICFC 218 alarm clock radio. the not-too-loud, not-too-soft waves from the high quality speakers coax me back to sleep i utilize the Extendable Snooze feature.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6:10am
i'm up. thank you, sony. i start the coffee on my LG coffee maker (i could not find a Sony brand, ugh.. ) and head into the bathroom. my Phillips Sonicare toothbrush is on its charging stand ready to go. again, i could not find a Sony brand toothbrush, but this one has the letters "soni," so i figured it was closer to what i needed. time to blast my morning deuce and check my Sony Xperia 1 smartphone.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I currently do not own a single Sony product. Not even a headphone.

Kind of funny to think of it.

My house has lots of Samsung, though.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
PS4
STRDN1080 (receiver)
1000XM4 (headphones)

it's been quite a while since I owned a Sony TV

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Me TV, Playstation and their wireless over the head earphones, I also have the a6500 camera as well.

PlayStation, TV, home theater device (soundbar), and other (speaker) for me. I would consider phone, too, if they'd actually release them here.

Super disagree with this. On paper, the other brands look better, but in actual use, Sony TVs feel way the hell more premium.
Yeah their TVs and the color reproduction and image processing are really really good. Their master series TVs some of the best ones on the market But they do tend to be A bit more expensive.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
My crap, factory installed, Sony car stereo. Almost nothing sounds good on it. Luckily I mainly listen to podcasts.

Also my wonderful Sony Gold headset. Really decent sound. It works wirelessly with PC, PS4 and Switch(docked). 3.5mm from Xbox One controller for when I use my One X. Had it for 2 years now.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Barely use my PS4 on a weekly basis lately, but I do use their headphones practically every day and I have a Sony TV as well. Should change once I'm back on my PS4 more frequently with some new games coming my way though.

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
My TV is a Bravia XBR-43X800D and I use it daily. My main camera is a A7III and I use it a few times a week (I also have a Fuji X100V that gets a lot of use because it's small and a good focal length).

I used to play my PS4 daily but since COVID I've been on Xbox way more because my best friend uses that.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Why tf is there no "none" option, OP?
I'm fairly certain I haven't used a Sony product in the past months, if not years. Doubt I own any. Can't think of one, at least.

EDIT: I might still own some ear buds from like 2012, but that's a big maybe

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I use a DualShock 4 to play PC games daily lol

My PS4 usually just gathers dust, though I did recently use it to play Persona 5 Royal.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
What happened to Sony CE?
[snip]

Minidisc were so cool

s-l640.jpg

I used to be obsessed with my MD player. It revolutionized my world (this was before iPods.) Finally I didn't need to keep wasting CD-Rs, I could just update whatever minidisc. I remember on a trip to Hawaii, I forgot my mini-discs except for one. It only had Johnny Cash's greatest hits and Flaming Lips' Yoshimi. Not bad, but kind of a weird mix.

I still have my player and the discs in the attic.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
TV, soundbar, headphones and PS4. All used (almost) daily.

TV is nothing to write home about, but both my XM2 and HT-ZF9 sound great.