• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I'll start. I listen to oldies stations and playlists and I heard, "I ran (so far away)" this morning, and I instantly thought of GTA Vice City.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands series - Ain't No Rest for the Wicked

Turned me onto Cage the Elephant and I've been a huge fan for a decade now, but the two are forever linked.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Oh boy, so I beat Castlevania Symphony Of The Night on the PS1 for the first time. The REAL ending. The TRUE ending! The...I Am The Wind? What the hell is this smooth jazz trash?

So I switch over to MTV where they're replaying some award show and The Wallflowers are doing their live cover of "We Can Be Heroes" to me, that's how SOTN ends.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Earth Intruders (Björk) will always be linked to Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC for me. Don't ask why.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have lots of good memories of listening to Rage Against the Machine while playing Body Harvest on N64 with my friends in middle school

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

The Shrek stuff honestly blindsided me when it started blowing up

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably half the soundtrack of Vice City now that you mention it.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much KojiPro game trailer music.
Not Your Kind of People
Nuclear
I'll Keep Coming

Edit: FIFA thread, this one.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
In the end - Linkin Park is linked to FFIX due to a fan-made music video with a a lot of cutscenes from the game.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

047875806351.jpg

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's awful but when I was young I liked this shit:

I played hours of Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday on Megadrive with that fucking song playing, I had the single that came out in '93 (I actually still have it). My musical tastes soon improved.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
To keep this from turning into a Tony Hawk thread, Autopilot Off's "Make a Sound" (as well early 00s pop-punk/emo in general) with Burnout 3: Takedown:

And staying on the topic of EA racing games from 2004, Skindred's "Nobody" with NFSU2:

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy, so I beat Castlevania Symphony Of The Night on the PS1 for the first time. The REAL ending. The TRUE ending! The...I Am The Wind? What the hell is this smooth jazz trash?

So I switch over to MTV where they're replaying some award show and The Wallflowers are doing their live cover of "We Can Be Heroes" to me, that's how SOTN ends.
Whenever I mention SotN my friend always says, in utmost snide, it's the best song of the soundtrack.

Col.Asher

Nov 10, 2017
I associate the Mr. Bungle album California to Majora's Mask as my brother would listen to it as I played. Not a single song but that's the only example I have.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A lot of games have licensed music, but there are a lot of songs that I listened to during the periods that I played certain games that I just mentally associate with due to the timing, even if they don't make sense.

Staind - "Outside" while I made it through Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.
Rob Zombie - "Meet the Creeper" while I played through Silent Hill 4
Enigma - "Gravity of Love" for Final Fantasy 9
Evanescence - "Everybody's Fool" for Bloodrayne (due to a music video).

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
"Way To Fall" by Starsailor will always be a song about Naked Snake and The Boss for me.

Rest of their music is amazing aswell.

Greyline108

Avenger
Nov 24, 2017
I remember during a simpler time in my life listening through Outkast's Speakerboxxx while grinding the zombie genocider achievement in Dead Rising. So yeah, any song from that album makes me think of Dead Rising now.