• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Final Fantasy IX
Shadow Hearts
Broken Sword 1 & 2

I'm typically a "one and done" kind of guy. The above games are very important to me, having grown up with them, so are pretty much the only single player games I've ever replayed. I usually play them in 5-7 year intervals out of nostalgia. I'm 31, so my replays are rare!

Oct 31, 2017
Replaying games I enjoyed is not a rarity at all for me, and in fact some sort of habit.
Especially some sort of PC games that are basically MADE to be replayed over and over (i.e. UFO, Jagged Alliance 2, Civilization, Mount & Blade, Master of Magic, Heroes of Might & Magic, ecc).

That said, in recent years it HAS to be XCOM 2.
According to my save file tracker I played something like 19 campaigns with the game and most of them were from start to finish, too.
I don't think any other single player comes close in terms of hours invested on it.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
MGS2.

It's my favourite game and I completed all difficulties, collected all dogtags and stuff.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
It's actually a pretty interesting question. Because if i'd think about the games i came back to most often, it were either games that were not about "beating" (like the Civilization series) or games that i don't care for beating because of how cool the gameplay is (like the TES or Souls series which i come back too most often, but hardly ever finish).

But to finish the game all the way through just to come back to it and get all the way to the end again some time later? I think the one game which ending i've seen the most would be Fallout 2? Mostly for how comfortable the nostalgia makes me feel when going through the motions in this game while at the same time it gives me enough replayability through different approaches that i don't get bored. Fallout: NV would be a close second there too.

I'd include Final Fantasy VI there as well, were it not for Kefka's Tower, which is such a slog and i never can be arsed to get trhough it all.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Probably Sonic 1, if you're counting how many actual finished playthroughs I've had, and not replays of games where I've got a game over part way through.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Pokemon Red, I beat it probably 2-3 times a year for about 15 years, still got my original cart from my 10th Birthday but my GameBoy broke years ago now.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
MGS4 like 25 times - skipping cutscenes of course. Got all the achievements once then started doing it again for my other PSN account. Bike sequence can fuck right off.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
As a child, probably something easy like Aladdin or Mickey Mouse Magical Quest on SNES. Link to the Past also ranks highly.

More recently, Resident Evil 4 or Uncharted 1.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Bloodborne, The Last of Us, Journey, Silent Hill 2, and the original Resident Evil 2. Each at least three times. It's no wonder all of them are among my all-time top 10.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Super Mario World on SNES. It was one of my first video games so did not have much else to play back then. Helped me to discover many of its secrets back then. Awesome game.

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
The Total War series (specifically WH1-2, Shogun 2 and 3K) as they always have excellent replay-ability.

3K is phenomenal btw.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 2 i think.

I loved that game and could almost play it blindfolded...

Techno