• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
West Wing after Sorkin left. I watched one episode in season 5 to see how they'd get along without him, and the answer was apparently "badly" so I stopped.

Recently watched the first 11 seasons of the Simpsons for the first time, and stopped there. I was planning on doing that, but in reality, I could have stopped after 8 or 9 and been fine.

I should have dropped Dexter, but I rode that one to the end for some reason.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I never watched the final episode (or 2?) the final two hours of Breaking Bad. No Idea why just took a break before finishing and never went back.

I was in a huge depression spiral so I couldn't bring myself to finish the back half of the last season of Bojack Horseman.

Still want to finish both off eventually.

True Blood, started off fun, became a wreck.
Funny enough I only watched Season 1+2 AND the last one. I feel like I missed nothing

Edit: Veep. Season 5
Watching Selina get screwed out of the presidency and then watching trump win in almost the same way broke me

Last edited:

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
X-Men the Animated Series. By about the beginning of season four I finally realized that the show was never going to present a one for one representation of what I was currently reading in the comics, and I dropped off super hard.

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna echo all the usual suspects posted here, TWD, Dexter, West World, gave up on all of them, for the reasons listed above. But Killing Eve is probably the show that fell off hardest, fastest for me. After the first season, which I thought was incredible, I couldn't make it 20 mins into season 2 before I bailed on the show. Phoebe Waller Bridge was the straw that stirred the drink on that show

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Walking Dead - I used to look forward to Sunday nights as my Walking Dead night. Get off work, pour myself a drink and have some zombie fun. Then midway into season 8 I decided to take a break. I figured once Netflix gets the rest of the season I'll try binging it. That pretty much killed all the momentum I had. I tried watching an episode but I was so bored and just didn't care. I do hear some of the newer season were pretty good. Maybe I'll try again at some point.

South Park - I loved this show, but the ongoing Tegridy Farms, Garrison as Trump, PC Principal, etc for the last few season did nothing for me. I did watch the Vaccine episode and there's hope the show might get back to what I enjoyed. I'll wait and see.

Naruto - Watched all the original and got a good chunk into Shippuden, then I stopped after the Pain fight. My daughter watched it all and is current with Boruto, She's telling I don't need to bother with Boruto as it's really bad.

Lost - Didn't watch the last season, it just got too stupid.

Dexter - Stopped after the Trinity Killer. And from what I understand I choose wisely.

Ace of Diamond - Baseball anime which I got over 100 episodes in. Then I realized I was forcing myself to watch this long-ass drawn out baseball anime. I just got bored. It's still in my que, but I just don't have the drive to hit the play button.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I bailed on Lost in the last season when the writers said they wouldn't answer the questions the series posed.

True Blood after season 3, I couldn't hear another person say "Sookie", I shouldn't have marathoned it.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Top Gear. After Jeremy was canned and the others left with him the show basically died for me. The Chris Evans season and the ones that followed (and are still ongoing) may be good but I have zero interest to find out

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Blacklist. I want to say I bailed around Season 5? The one after all the big reveals. The show never got back on whatever legs it had.

And the Flash. I couldn't watch it anymore. At least I finished Arrow.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
the CW DC shows. I bailed on Arrow a bit into season 6 (5 was so good though), Flash and Legends well before that. Didn't bother with others.

Riverdale as well. I think I'm just burnt out on CW's long seasons and melodrama.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Battlestar Galactica. Never saw the final season. Can't even account for it as I was really into that show.

I loved the show and was disappointed about how it ended. BUT I recently rewatched the entire series and enjoyed the last season much more once I knew what was happening. Maybe give it another full watch. It's on Peacock which is easy to get the basic version.

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men the Animated Series. By about the beginning of season four I finally realized that the show was never going to present a one for one representation of what I was currently reading in the comics, and I dropped off super hard.

If we're going that far back I can say TMNT since I have no memory of Mikey switching to a grappling hook lol, I think I just got older and it wasn't on as much or something

Gho5tstar

Jan 16, 2021
VA
Walking Dead..missed a couple of episodes in and just never caught up

House of Cards..was really interesting..just really need to finish it.just havent had time to binge like i used to

Orange is the New Black..again just need to sit and finish it

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Grey's Anatomy. I got to season 13/14 and started wondering why I was still watching that garbage.
Then I re-watched some of the old seasons, and noticed how much it has dipped over the years... a shame. It was always a sort of guilty pleasure, but now it's a shadow of its former self.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I stopped watching Supernatural after season four I think? Walking Dead I stopped at Terminus. I never finished the last seasons of Chuck or Futurama (in this instance it was due to not wanting them to be over).

I also never watched the bonus season of Heroes despite watching the rest of the show, or the final season of X-Files (I got behind then heard about the ending...).

And I think I still haven't seen the final season of Buffy either?

And I stopped watching American Dad when it moved to TBS but that one I'll get back to eventually.

Wow I do this way more than I expected.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
How I met you mother, the shift tone on season 6 i was look not sure i like that.... and this continue on season 7. I'm watching this to have fun, do not accomplish that mission anymore.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna echo all the usual suspects posted here, TWD, Dexter, West World, gave up on all of them, for the reasons listed above. But Killing Eve is probably the show that fell off hardest, fastest for me. After the first season, which I thought was incredible, I couldn't make it 20 mins into season 2 before I bailed on the show. Phoebe Waller Bridge was the straw that stirred the drink on that show

It's amazing how almost unwatchable Killing Eve is after the first season. Truly bizarre.

I gave up on Orange is the New Black about 2-3 seasons from the end, was very much a slog.

I feel like giving up on the Blacklist, I can't tell what was actually revealed, what is false and now true or what was true and now false.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
Walking Dead: dumbshit cliffhanger season finale with Negan. Yall know the one. Just total utter TRAAAAAAAAAAAASH. Dropped it immediately when they pulled that shit.

Bleach: dropped it when quincies invaded Soul Society. I was really feeling that arc and then Kubo brought back a character he alluded to being dead and dropped it immediately. Only came back at the end to read the final chapter which was hilarious.

Smallville: I don't even remember when I dropped it. I think it was when Lana became a witch or something?

SImpsons: obvious one

Boardwalk Empire: watched all the seasons expect the last one. I didn't even dislike I just...had no interest in watching the rest of the show.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Fringe, absolute fantastic in season 2 and starts to flag in season 3. Season 4 started off kind of interesting but it just felt like it was rehashing a lot of what happened in season 3. That one time skip ep was good but the rest of the 4th season absolutely killed my interest.

Blacklist, I stopped in S3, Red continuing to play his game with Liz and Liz constantly going back to Tom is just prime dumb shit. The whole indictment arc was weak too and Liz just goes back to normal in the next ep lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
Legends of Tomorrow most recently. Last season really didn't land with me, and it's less that I bailed, and more that I just stopped going out of my way to find time to watch.

It feels like it has become 'The Constantine Show: Featuring the Legends of Tomorrow' at this point. Maybe I'll come back, but based on some earlier comments by the showrunner about season six featuring Constantine even more heavily, I doubt it.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
The Walking Dead for me as well. I think season 8 is when I tapped out. The show just got really boring to me.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
The Walking Dead. I probably should have abandoned it even sooner but I stopped watching a few years back around the time Negan killed Glen and Carl lost his eye.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I might be at this point with Star Trek: Discovery. The past two seasons have left me doubting that the writers have the creative chops (or the freedom) to come up with something sensible, and the Season 4 trailer doesn't inspire confidence. Might give it a chance, but I'm 50/50 at this point.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
If a show continues to get ratings they milk it as long as they can, sometimes that's way beyond when they should have ended it. Not uncommon to have several seasons of a show that is low quality compared to when it was in it's prime. They keep getting ratings because people don't want to give up on something they used to like. There's been plenty of shows where I catch myself saying.... Why am I still watching this?

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Modern Family after I realized the fake documentary part wasn't holding up. I like the office which did a good job of it especially near the end when it finally "aired" and the 4th wall dropping. Modern Family makes no sense. Later on there were too many parts that turned into normal sitcom format without any explanation of going back to interview mode. God that show was awful.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Walking Dead too. I watched it all the way up until they completely butchered
Glenn's death
, ruining one of the most impactful and stunning moments of the comic by turning it into a completely idiotic cliffhanger. What makes it even more frustrating is if they actually followed the comic and ended on that instead of a cliffhanger, it would've been a fantastic season finale. I couldn't even be bothered to watch the show after that, and after hearing about
Carl dying
, I'm glad I gave up.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I don't watch a ton of shows in general so there aren't really that many that i've consciously chosen to stop watching in the middle(although i've also dropped some unintentionally just by never going back to them for no particular reason in between seasons which is why I prefer to watch shows that are already completed in general)

The Simpsons are of course the ultimate example as someone that grew up watching the series, I stuck around way longer than I should have and that was a sad day when I came to the realization that I hadn't actually enjoyed new episodes in years

also House Of Cards comes to mind here as well I guess? it was all downhill after the first season but that season was strong enough that it kept me going for a couple more before i dropped it

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching the walking dead a couple seasons back, for no good reason really. I just got behind and struggled to catch back up. I do want to see it through.

quit prison break a few episodes into season 4.

I definitely would've dropped smallville if I wasn't watching it with my brother.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A local theater used to screen new episodes of The Walking Dead, as they aired live on AMC Sunday nights. I went every single week with a friend for at least 4 seasons, and it was a really fun tradition. At some point they stopped doing those screenings, either because attendance was down or they got tired of the massive cleanup and hassle for an event that they legally could not sell tickets for. Maybe AMC was just giving them some kind of legal hassle -- even though the show's popularity had waned, they were still drawing bigger audiences than a movie screening at 9PM on a Sunday night otherwise would have.

After that, I just couldn't be bothered to keep up with episodes. It was really fun watching with a big crowd of 50-100 other people who were really into the show. But watching it alone just really wasn't as fun or engaging.

Zeckett

Mar 28, 2019
Portugal
Supernatural at around season 10;
CSI at around season 12;
House of Cards at season 6;
Vikings at around season 5;
Sniper at season 2;

Thinks that's about it.

OP
OP
Camwi

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If a show continues to get ratings they milk it as long as they can, sometimes that's way beyond when they should have ended it. Not uncommon to have several seasons of a show that is low quality compared to when it was in it's prime. They keep getting ratings because people don't want to give up on something they used to like. There's been plenty of shows where I catch myself saying.... Why am I still watching this?
Which is why I'm impressed when a show like Breaking Bad ends while on top, instead of continuing to milk to audience.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Supernatural. After Season 4 it just went downhill for me with the angels and demons shit. I think the only thing that made someone a demon was apparently black eyes and bad hand to hand fighting skills.

Nov 8, 2017
I got half way through Season 3 of The Walking Dead and gave up when I realised that it's just going to be the same things over and over without any conclusion.

I also watched a whole season of Game of Thrones, purely on the basis of how much everyone I knew at the time was raving about it. I should've quit after one or two episodes considering how mind-numbingly boring I found it (I also later heard that the first season was the best one).

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Walking dead but way earlier than most people here, got bored one season or two after the governor (when they face some cannibals?). I don't know what else could the show bring to the table - it felt stuck on a loop of procedurally generated stories.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Walking dead after 2014 which I think was the 4th season.

Game of Thrones: Stopped watching after the second season.

Deadwood. Never finished the last season. I liked deadwood but it was hard to follow at times because how they were always speaking in metaphors.

The Simpsons: Bailed on the show in 2003 after being a fan of it.