• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pick One

• Xbox Dos

Votes: 94 26.2%
  • Xbox Returns

Votes: 69 19.2%
  • neXtBOX

Votes: 110 30.6%
  • Xbox Twain

Votes: 33 9.2%
  • No Xbox branding

Votes: 82 22.8%

• Total voters

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Xbox infinite
its generationless
the games would be GaaS which means they would be played and improved upon "forever"
halo infinite is a launch game.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Xbox 365

-It's a play off their best system, the 360.
-You got your leveled playing field with the 5.
-365 signifys a non-stop mentality of online play and anywhere.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox infinite
its generationless
the games would be GaaS which means they would be played and improved upon "forever"
halo infinite is a launch game.

What do they call the next one - don't they paint themselves into a corner?

And if they have two versions - Xbox infinite S and X?

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Xbox Sword & Shield
RTXbox
Xbox Now
Xbox Vue
Xbox Red
Xbox Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar & Cybeast Falzar

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Ten is still my favourite.

Easy to say, brand synergy with W10 and lots of marketing possibilities.

And if Windows 11 is on the way, Xbox Eleven doesn't sound too bad either.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Well they won't call it Xbox 4 because their lame market research will indicate it's inferior to PS5 by name alone.

So.... maybe Xbox XL?

Nov 4, 2017
Ha! This makes me so glad Nomura doesn't get to name consoles.

I feel like MS have really painted themselves into a corner with their silly naming. It's a great family of devices and brands, but "360" > "One" > "One X" is so odd.

I'll go on record as "Xbox 2020", for the launch year, and for the allusion to perfect vision. It seems like they have a grand vision in place for Streaming and GaaS, and some recent studio acquisitions to help make it work.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox as a brand is now more parallel with SCE, with Xbox Game Studios, Xbox Game Pass etc. It's bigger than the box.

So I think they may create a sub-brand for their Xbox hardware line, with its own numbering. No idea what it'll be called, though.

Nov 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) System Warring; Accumulated Infractions
They should just go with a straight-up 100% accurate name such as XPointlessBox, NoXclusivesBox, USonlyBox or similar.
It would make it very memorable after 2021 when the sales crater.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Xbox is now a service and with xcloud 'x' is just a prefix. You have Xcloud, Xbox etc. I imagine it will just be Xbox with the variant descriptors. Xbox S for streaming, Xbox X for powerful console.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think just Xbox, The Xbox or Xbox 5 would be appropriate. I'm leaning towards Xbox 5 because it would put it on par with the PlayStation and really just abandon having to think of a new name every time. Although it will make the line of Xbox confusing since this generation is Xbox One and then we would go to Xbox 5 lol.
I know there's a technical reason for skipping Windows 9, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Why not just call the streaming box, Xbox Live?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
X-treeeeeeme Box

giphy.gif

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Halo Infinite and a GaaS focused Forza Infinite should be a launch title on the Xbox Infinity.

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I like Xbox ∞ myself. Infinite. It's the last Xbox you'll ever need before they switch to cloud-only streaming next-next-gen, say about 2027. (You'll have to go to gaming on Windows ∞ if you want local processing).