• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I hear good things about the Steel Case Leap Series 2.. I'm finding them sub $400 used. It's what I plan on getting when my current chair gives up the ghost.

I have a v1 and a couple v2s and they are great. I really prefer the foam cushions vs the mesh with a hard plastic lip on an Aeron. The v1 is slightly more comfortable if you ask me, but it's old and the v2 looks nicer/more modern.

They are upwards of a grand new, but are super popular in offices and like you said, can be found used fairly easily at a big discount.

Oct 27, 2017
fridge-open-disappointed-walk-away-nothing-1353706092r.gif

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
I read it and was like, what was the first thing you put in your ass and how did I miss that thread.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Go to an Office Liquidator store and try out some of their better used chairs.

I did that and ended up with a Steelcase Leap, which I love.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I own an HM Aeron. Been thinking about buying a Steelcase Gesture and the HM Embody just to see what I'm missing. My biggest turn off with them is they are foam seats. The Gesture more so than the Embody. And foam seats get too hot for me, not to mention they wear out. Whereas the Aeron seat will never wear out in 4 of my life times.

The biggest issue I have with the Aeron is the seat edges and back edges are rather hard. And the lack of height adjustable lumbar support.
My favorite thing about the Aeron is its as close to a rocking chair an office chair will ever be. I just love how the rocking motion feels and works.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
son of a bitch
i just saw this thread title again and thought "oh i guess someone made a joke thread based off of everyone misreading the title of that other thread"
but it's the same fucking thread

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
I hear good things about the Steel Case Leap Series 2.. I'm finding them sub $400 used. It's what I plan on getting when my current chair gives up the ghost.

I'm currently sitting in one. I paid £868 for it brand new and it's good but not nearly £900 good IMO. I suffer from chronic back pain so I figured why not go all in and I will say the back support is the best I've ever experienced, but the seat isn't the most comfortable, for the price I would expect a little more comfort.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
buy an office chair from IKEA and then use the remaining cash for your personal use

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Dest for a serious response I'll tell you I've been lucky enough to use several - notably the HM Aeron and Embody, as well as Steelcase Leap V2 since work pays for them.

Out of those three, for me, it goes:
Leap V2 > Embody >>>>> Aeron.

My friend who literally is a sales rep for high end office equipment told me that for every 3 Aeron he sells, 2 are returned and exchanged for something else. A lot of people apparently complain about the hard plastic frame at the front of the chair (where the back of your knees would rest). I didn't really have this complaint but regardless I wasn't impressed with mine. My friend claims that Aerons work better for "huskier" peeps, despite the three different sizes available.

I now have a Leap V2 and love it.

Definitely try all them out though, maybe you'll enjoy one over the others. And all can be found for around 400 used, except maybe the Embody, may have to add on 200 or so.

He also says the HumanScale Freedom are great but extremely hard to find used.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Thought this would be a Mimic thread (though I suppose then the title would've started with "whom").

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I always misread shit to see something raunchy, yet I didn't misread this one

Bizarre

The ONE time it was warranted ffs

Edit: this time I DID misread it, yeah!