• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Patty Melt and Onion Rings, I went to whataburger for breakfast this morning and got a honey butter chicken biscuit and a potato egg and cheese taquito. It was great.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Patty Melt or Monterrey Melt

Not a fan of the spicy ketchup from them but you can get most (maybe all) of Whataburger's condiments at HEB in squeeze bottle form.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Double whataburger with jalapeños and cheese is my regular but sometimes ill get the avocado bacon burger.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Welp, ordered a green chili burger, got a whataburger with cheese and bacon by mistake. Line is too long to go bitch at, I'll just eat this instead. I like bacon.

DyNO4r2VYAE7djZ.jpg:large

Called the store, they put my name on some list for a free meal next time I go.

LOL! Was just talking about this with a buddy last week. Whataburger is glorious, but the one here fucks up orders like this constantly. I never leave the parking lot without checking anymore. The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread and your OP was, "No point worrying too much about your order: likely as not you'll be bringing a random menu item home anyway."

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOL! Was just talking about this with a buddy last week. Whataburger is glorious, but the one here fucks up orders like this constantly. I never leave the parking lot without checking anymore. The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread and your OP was, "No point worrying too much about your order: likely as not you'll be bringing a random menu item home anyway."

I can sort of understand, though, because every single time I go to whataburger, there's like 20 cars in the drive through. Doesn't matter what time, or where -- 4 am in the middle of fucking no where? 20 cars at whataburger. It feels like whataburger is always packed. I worked at a fast food restaurant before, I know what it's like during the lunch rush. It seems like whataburger's lunch rush never ends. When I drove away after making this topic, the line behind my car was snaking out into the street, hence why I didn't go back to fix the order.

They offered me a free meal for next time, though, so all good.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I've started using the app to order cause the drive-thru lines are ridiculous now. This led me to the discovery that you can switch out the bun for Texas toast on any burger.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've always been a fan of the Sweet and Spicy or the Monterrey Melt
WAT-15143-SWEET-AND-SPICY-560x420-Canvas.jpg

MontereyMelt-canvas-540x4201.jpg

The regular Patty Melt has always tasted a bit too...idk one note for me. I'm sure lots of people will disagree with me.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I miss Whataburger. I usually eat it a few times when I go back to Texas for a visit.

My go-to is a bacon and cheese Whataburger with mustard, no onions.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I can sort of understand, though, because every single time I go to whataburger, there's like 20 cars in the drive through. Doesn't matter what time, or where -- 4 am in the middle of fucking no where? 20 cars at whataburger. It feels like whataburger is always packed. I worked at a fast food restaurant before, I know what it's like during the lunch rush. It seems like whataburger's lunch rush never ends. When I drove away after making this topic, the line behind my car was snaking out into the street, hence why I didn't go back to fix the order.

They offered me a free meal for next time, though, so all good.

Yeah- I'm not giving them a pass on this, though. Chick-Fil-A often has lines around the block with two lanes of drive-thru going and employees going car to car taking orders by hand, and I don't think I've ever driven off with someone else's food. Whatever's going on at Whataburger is systemic in nature.

Don't get me wrong: Whataburger is amazing and I'll always partake. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from going there. I'm just saying you should check your food before you drive off!

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017
Whataburger is so rich and so thick and greasy it will drain every single cell of energy from your body.

It's like fast food nyquil

Vark

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah- I'm not giving them a pass on this, though. Chick-Fil-A often has lines around the block with two lanes of drive-thru going and employees going car to car taking orders by hand, and I don't think I've ever driven off with someone else's food. Whatever's going on at Whataburger is systemic in nature.

Don't get me wrong: Whataburger is amazing and I'll always partake. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from going there. I'm just saying you should check your food before you drive off!

The worst mix up i've ever had was on the way back from a late night downtown, ordered a ton of breakfast food with some friends and a patty melt.

Ended up with someone's order of several large fries, a patty melt (the only right thing), and a triple cheeseburger with jalapenos. That burger by itself weighed the same as a small child. I feel kind of bad for the dude who was expecting that and ended up with some taquitos.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
In the the future, sweet and spicy bacon burger is the only real option, FULL STOP.

It spoiled me on other fast food burgers but it's only something to eat when you're hungry as shit because it's a boss-ass chunk of food.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Monterrey Melt is great. Patty Melt is great. Chicken sandwich is great. Though, my go to is #2 with cheese, grilled onions and grilled jalepenos.

I haven't had the mushroom swiss yet...I have a hold up on mushrooms coming from fast food restaurants...

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I have only had Whattaburger twice, first time was so good, had to get it the second. So I only know of their Mushroom & Swiss burger. Next time I am around one, I will probably do the same again. It is too good.
There is no reason to get anything else as long as the burger is in their rotation. Hell, they normally still make it for a while after it leaves.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wish my town had a Whataburger. We just got a Chick-Fil-A so we're getting there when it comes to much better fast food. A Chicken Express here just recently closed down and the building is still fairly nice. The owner of it is apparently a big fan of Whataburger so there's hope there.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
This thread reminded me that I was supposed to visit the US this month, but could not make it. I always try to go to Whattaburger at least once when I'm there. And also Luby's, because I am now an old white man.

Last edited:

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
How does the Mushroom Swiss burger stack up against the GOAT Avocado bacon burger on Texas toast?

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Here is my definitive Whataburger list:

1. Double Whataburger w bacon, cheese, jalapenos
2. Avocado bacon burger
3. Chorizo burger
4. Monterrey Melt
5. Patty Melt

Sadly, I've just had the Swiss mushroom burger but I'm not a big fan of mushrooms so it didn't make the cut.