• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Recently i have been watching videos by Sarcastic Chorus especially the Ladybug one and how the show created a Love Square with their secret identies as Adrien and Cat-Noir are the same person same with Maribelle and Ladybug but they have different dynamics to each other hence the Love Square (they also can't know each other's secret identies hence the suitation in the first place)

e2cbe5dc13de251e248c4669dd8b2a9f.jpg

Despite the stupid nature of it, it's a ship many pepole are still invested in. I am curious to know your own personal ships that you think were a mess yet you really were/are invested into.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yamato and Lexington

What, Azur Lane is a thing, why not hit 2 birds with one stone

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Maribelle considers Cat-Noir just a friend.
Ladybug considers Cat-Noir just a friend
Cat-Noir simps over Lady-Bug
Maribelle simps over Adrien
Adrien considers Maribelle just a freind.
Cat-Noir considers Maribelle just a freind.

But why does it say same person the way its positioned, shouldnt it be the other way or am I reading it wrong lol

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Do they have up be canon ships?

Asking for a friend... 👀

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

You have no fucking idea the sheer amount of bullshit people who like this ship have to put up with.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Back when I was younger and heavily into Bleach I was on the Rukia x Ichigo hype train. It was teased so many times.

I'm okay with the way things ended up, but it's not how I would have done it myself.

Sep 5, 2021
Rumple/Belle

He is a horrible person and boyfriend, she deserves someone much better than him, but I like several episodes and some scenes of them

Rumbelle-rumpel-and-belle-35351986-500-600.jpg

Rumpel-and-Belle-image-rumpel-and-belle-36754133-700-788.jpg

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Katara should have ended up with Zuko. Dunno if that's a mess or not.
Zatara Shippers definetly aren't, Also personally not a fan of it - i feel like Zuko and Katara would 100% bring out their worst qualities in each other especially since Katara is more alike to Zuko then she would probalby want to admit - mostly in terms of her anger.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I'm sure there's still a bunch of Zutara dracoknights that still fight for Makorra as a ship, when them breaking up was the most interesting thing in all of Korra's second season.
i don't care about zutara but I know a lot of them and all of them hate makorra

genuinely one of the worst written fictional relationships of all time and the idea that korra was gonna be a 1 season mini series, and the writers looked at how makorra was set up and thought "hell yeah" is insane

Delphisage

Banned
May 27, 2020
Center of the Universe ON
i don't care about zutara but I know a lot of them and all of them hate makorra

genuinely one of the worst written fictional relationships of all time and the idea that korra was gonna be a 1 season mini series, and the writers looked at how makorra was set up and thought "hell yeah" is insane
I would've thought Zutarans couldn't look past the projectable surface traits that make the pairing resemble their cause.

Remember that awful shipping episode in the first season that accomplished nothing? What were they even smoking with that?

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

You have no fucking idea the sheer amount of bullshit people who like this ship have to put up with.

Timsteph fans be like:

IKIFEEL.jpg

As for Timstep itself they are mostly good but I actually kind of like the angst period coupled with romantic feelings the two of them had during Red Robin/Batgirl 2009 even though it came as the result of HORRIBLE writing for Steph.......

In a weird trainwreck Tim with Cassandra Sandsmark despite me not liking it personally and thinking they are better of friends, the potential of two people comforting each other in the wake of grief but not knowing how to do it could have been worth exploring but the execution of it was bad.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Ino/Chouji from Naruto.

Ino is vain, narcissistic and insulted Chouji way too much but.....damn if they weren't cute together damnit.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going to get some flack for this and spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched Toradora but...

I found the relationship between Taiga and Ryuji far too horrible for them to ever end up together. I like the series in general but the ending and the way they end up with each other was completely absurd to me. It's as if the writers were far too deep within the episodes that had been financed and then remember "oh right! these two characters need to get together now" and it just came out of complete left field not to mention that they always had a toxic relationship.

It didn't feel like their relationship was based off of anything concrete other than that they knew each other, the other romance sideplots ran their course and there was no one left.

Also Minori didn't deserve what happened to her. She was the hero of the story if there was one to begin with, not the two shitty protagonists we were stuck with.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Bro, the shit Marvel has put me through with them. Marvel just needs to give up the ghost and let them get married(again)

Back when Spencer was on the title I secretly hoped he would end that run with Peter proposing like was teased, and then have the (second)wedding in issue #1000. Easy fucking lay up. What does Marvel do? Yep, break them up again.

Though to be fair, if they are broken up I wouldn't mind him getting back with Felicia, especially post Spencer

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bro, the shit Marvel has put me through with them. Marvel just needs to give up the ghost and let them get married(again)

Back when Spencer was on the title I secretly hoped he would end that run with Peter proposing like was teased, and then have the (second)wedding in issue #1000. Easy fucking lay up. What does Marvel do? Yep, break them up again.

Though to be fair, if they are broken up I wouldn't mind him getting back with Felicia, especially post Spencer

I think Spider-Girl had the right idea for Felicia by giving her a girlfriend. She shouldn't be the other woman in Peter's life when editorial decides he and MJ can't be together for whatever reason.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I was actually going to list the thing in the OP as mine lol. My girlfriend made me watch the show and I thought they'd be cute together despite the issues. Though from what I remember the stuff of legends happens when the ladybug girl gets together with a guy at the end of season 3. Only to break up with him at the start of season 4. As the writers had entered "we have gotten what we needed out of this for our season ender. Kill it and let us resume the main event" mode.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think Spider-Girl had the right idea for Felicia by giving her a girlfriend. She shouldn't be the other woman in Peter's life when editorial decides he and MJ can't be together for whatever reason.
Idk about all that. I really like Peter and Felicia together too, she brings out a different side to him. If you're not gonna have him with MJ there's really no better character for him to be with than Felicia

Oct 29, 2017
Kaladin and Veil (Stormlight Archive), not because I think they even have any chemistry, but because it is awkward just to think about Shallan's split personalities being in a separate relationship than her own.

Of course, in this scenario Adolin and Shallan remain an item. It is not interesting otherwise.

Last edited: